PDA

View Full Version : Friday hellos!

Monique
October 27th, 2017, 07:31 AM

Good morning friends. Another day another dollar!!

I was trying to think of what I did yesterday. Oh yes, I went to library and downloaded some more shows. I decided to download Bewitched. I got two seasons done. Laundry was done and then I finished off the binding on two projects. I started another little project in the meantime. I also need to sandwich the baby quilt so I can take it with me on Sunday (working the elections).

Today: Les is going golfing today with friends, I was hoping to have the van but I got the "LOOK" like what you do want to do and where do you want to go? I guess I will stay home and sew instead. It will end up cheaper in the long run, right? MEN :icon_rolleyes:

So that's my day. Have a great weekend friends.

Star lover
October 27th, 2017, 07:40 AM
Good morning Monique and to everyone!

As Angela Walters says.....I am the expert of my option!

Thank you Monique for the laugh......makes my days. I'm all day by myself and do talk to myself at great length.....I've had some really good conversations.....

Well yesterday was a no sew day.....mmm, change that. I did sew the last 2 blocks for a quilt top. But that was it. Ended up cleaning house and then....what in the world was I thinking!.....I trimmed, edged and cut the lawn and cleaned up leaves. Looked great....but my oh my, my knees. That yelled at me all night long. So ....... new plan for today....and maybe tomorrow.........sew and then .... sew and maybe after that.... more sewing. I will listen to my knees and sew! Well that's the plan....

Hope everyone has a great finish to their week and a wonderful, restful weekend! Love and hugs to all!

Bubby
October 27th, 2017, 07:43 AM
Good Morning...

Jeff is still sleeping and Dottie and I have been sewing since 2 am. She's curled up under my cutting table with a couple pieces of fabric she has in her stash drawer. I think she is beginning to breathe easier but I know it's a little soon to tell for sure. We are grateful for your continued prayers for her (and us)

Jeff is off on vacation until Monday but we have to work at the apartments tomorrow. I have a lease signing and we have loads of little things to finish in another apartment.

Winter is supposed to arrive tonight. It's supposed to be our first freeze of the season. I always look forward to the first freeze because it makes our allergies go into remission for a few months. On the negative side, the flowers freeze.

I'm getting off here to make a pot of coffee. Have a great day everyone.

Star lover
October 27th, 2017, 08:00 AM
Oh Barb, Dottie looks so sweet and peaceful......will continue to pray for all of you.

Ginny B
October 27th, 2017, 08:22 AM
Good morning all. Barb, Dottie looks so comfy and happy to be in the sewing room with you.

Not much sewing happening around here recently. We are getting ready for some projects to be done by our contractor in a week or so and also getting ready to go away for a few days starting tomorrow. We've got some outside work that needs addressing on the porch and a new gutter attached to the house and new flooring and lighting in my new sewing room. We have been dismantling the room all week. It is now a spare bedroom that we use only very occasionally as the main guest bedroom is downstairs ont he main floor. It's the room where we go very rarely except to put "stuff" in there. How do we collect so much "stuff"?! I looked in one of the closets in there last night and there are the suits I used to wear when I was working in the city.... 11 years ago! It's time for them to go someplace else. It's also amazing to me how when doing a project in one room, the rest of the house gets messed up too.

We are leaving tomorrow evening to head up to my sons' place in Peekskill. John Lodge (of the Moody Blues) is doing a solo show there. We are big Moody fans and I'm curious to see his solo performance. We will be there until Monday and then we head over to Connecticut for a few days in our favorite B & B. It's been crazy at work for both of us and busy at home so we both need a few days of R & R. In cleaning out the closet in the spare room I came across a hand-quilting project that I never finished. It's a Christmas soft book. I am going to take that along with me and hope to finish it up and get it put together. I may bring some knitting along too. I find just sitting and working on things like that to be very relaxing.

Have a great weekend all. I'll see you all when I get back.

KarenC
October 27th, 2017, 08:59 AM
Good morning everyone. Barb, I agree with the others, Dottie looks so comfy. But up since 2 am sewing, oh my. Although it's probably better than just tossing and turning. Hope you get some better rest tonight. Yesterday I quilted one row of a baby quilt with a bumble bee design. Today I will spend time with Mr. Ripper while babysitting. My tension looked bad in the detail areas where I was stitching slower. Hope everyone has a good day. I need to get going.

JCY
October 27th, 2017, 09:04 AM
Good Morning ~ Oh, free shipping day! I think I'll order that Anne of Green Gables Christmas fabric I've been viewing.

Brrr! Only 26 deg. this a.m. Our coldest morning yet. We got a light dusting of snow on the grass yest., but the streets were just wet. With it being 88 deg. the day before, the ground was too warm for much of it to stick. It snowed only a couple hrs., then the snow melted off. The system moved on quickly -- probably headed your way, Barb. It's supposed to be 40 today. Winter jacket time.

Well, the phone co. repair person (a woman) came yest. She checked things out. Of course, everything was working fine when she came. Isn't that always the way. She did check out that jack in the LR. All ok there. We plugged in the new phone to that jack & it works fine, so I have my phone back by my recliner from where I make so many calls. She said the transient problem could be any number of things. Old underground wires. This neighborhood was built ~1970. Mice getting into phone boxes, the weather, a glitch in our phones, a power surge, etc. No way to really know at this point. So I guess we just keep our fingers crossed for now. She gave me her business card & said to call if we had any problems. She did not charge us for a service call. Usually it's a $95. charge if they come in your house.

I actually made it to the sewing room yest. afternoon. I finished the last little bit of FMQ on the pig quilt, trimmed it up, & sewed the binding on 1 side. I'll try to finish that up later today. This noon is our monthly Lady Bugs lunch--a potluck today. I'll take my 5 C. Salad, which always goes over well & is quick & easy to make. This is all I have time for now.

Lori63
October 27th, 2017, 10:38 AM
Good morning all! I'm looking forward to this weekend. When I get off at 5 today I get to spend most of the weekend sewing! Of course there are a couple other things that will take me away from my sewing machine for short periods of time, but the majority of my time will be spent in my happy place.

This is the Halloween costume I'll be working on. I'm making Anna, the green dress. Think I can get it down in one weekend?

I do have most of the appliques cut out so I have started, but barely!

I do enjoy making the Halloween costumes, but I'll be glad to get back to quilting.

Have a wonderful weekend!

KPH
October 27th, 2017, 10:42 AM
Good Morning All,

Monique, what do you download these classic shows to. I guess it's been so long since I went to the library, other than to drop off things for them to give away from authors, I don't know what services they offer. I have a new library card, I was shocked you could check out 50 items for 3 weeks and renew them twice on the computer. I guess I'll have to go explore and see what services they do offer here in Jacksonville.

Dottie looks so peaceful in your sewing room. I know you're glad she's breathing easier.

Joy, intermittent problems are such a pain. It reminds me of the TV we when I was a teen. That poor Sears repair guy came out just about once a month trying to figure out what was wrong. When he'd show up, it would be fine. It was so frustrating for him (and Dad, too).

We headed out for a bit yesterday. A quick trip to Walmart for a few things. Then yesterday afternoon, we headed down to the beach. The weather was perfect, not too hot, not too windy. We walked for a long time and actually found some pretty shells. I found a very small conch shell, about 1 1/2" long. It was perfect. I couldn't believe it. The big football game will be Sat. (GA/FL), you could tell the fans are starting to arrive. At least it will feel like football weather for them. I think our plan is staying close to home and out of the tourist crowds!

I'm getting the dining room table set up to work on scanning pictures again. I still have one of those plastic trunks full to go through. Sometimes, I feel like they're multiplying in there when I'm not looking.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Prayers for those in need.

JCY
October 27th, 2017, 12:06 PM
Well, Rats! The Anne of Green Gables Christmas charm packs are sold out! So are the 10" stackers as well as the FQ bundles. I had hoped to take advantage of the free shipping today. I guess I'll have to wait till they re-stock & pay the shipping or go without. Phooey!