PDA

View Full Version : EQ8 upgarde Is it worth it?

DeniseSm
October 24th, 2017, 04:55 PM
I have EQ7 so I can upgrade for $75. The upgrade has a couple of cool features but I really don't use it all that often. What are any others EQ7 users thoughts?

For non users EQ7 is quilt design software.

PrettyCurious
October 24th, 2017, 06:20 PM
I upgraded over the weekend. I found out they made it available sooner, and I knew I wouldn't have time to play with it during the week. I re-designed one quilt in it so far. I can't say if it's worth it for you, not knowing how you value things, but I like it so far.
If it saves me 7 hours, then it's paid for, as I value my time at a minimum of $10hr. I do believe it will do just that.
It is a stand alone program, and changes nothing about EQ7. It links to your exsisting fabric/block librarys, plus comes with a bunch more.
I haven't checked to see if EQ7 will be able to utilise the EQ8 blocks and fabric, so don't ask me. I know it will NOT utilise EQ8 projects.
If you change an EQ7 project in EQ8, and save it, it then becomes an EQ8 project, but the old unchanged EQ7 project remains.

Sheep Farmer
October 25th, 2017, 12:40 AM
Thank you for your review. I'm still toying with the idea of upgrading. I use my EQ7 all the time!

PrettyCurious
October 25th, 2017, 08:01 PM
Here is something I really like. The print pattern/yardage page.
1st it's a tab.
Then there is no select button anymore, just click a block, and LOOKY! It shows you how big it is!
You can still do a preview without printing.
I will post more cool stuff I find, as I find it. It would be great if others do the same.

This is a big image - click it.

quiltsRfun
October 25th, 2017, 11:15 PM
I just got home from a trip and my EQ8 upgrade was waiting for me. Haven't had a chance to install it yet but I'm looking forward to checking out all the new features.

Connie Jo
October 26th, 2017, 09:13 AM
So, you didn't have to go look for it?

Carolyn
October 26th, 2017, 09:57 AM
Thank you ladies, I have been wondering if the upgrade was worth the current price or waiting to see what others had to say and paying a higher price later. Still thinking.