PDA

View Full Version : Exhausted, but see the light.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
October 22nd, 2017, 09:57 AM
It was a crazy week. Lots of driving. Drove my girlfriend to see her mom in palliative care on Tuesday. Her mom passed away that night. We drove back on Thursday to finalize funeral arrangements (4 hours) at funeral home, even though her mom had pre-arranged almost all. My friend's mom lives 2 1/2 hours away, so close to 5 hours drive each time. In addition, it is another province, it's own rules and a lot of the legal paperwork is is French. My friend and her mom never spoke French, which is why I go with her, and I have worked in a legal environment. She is being cremated, so for everyone the service, funeral/ burial is planned for one day, on Monday. It is a small family and no close relatives lived in her city. So everyone is flying or driving in and staying overnight. We are leaving this afternoon with another girlfriend to stay at a nearby hotel.
We will leave as soon as I return from my grand daughter's 4th birthday party (from 11-2 today).
I am grateful that DH is understanding and compassionate, but he is staying home to take care of her and our pets. He is also older than me, and does not do well at funerals. He worries about me, but I worry more about him sometimes.
The sun is shinning which is welcome. Thanks for listening to my concerns. It's nice to be able to share.

Monique
October 22nd, 2017, 10:24 AM
Safe travels.

KPH
October 22nd, 2017, 10:24 AM
Suzanne, you're such a blessing for your friend. I'm glad her mother held on so that she could visit with her one last time. It's so hard to deal with legalities when your heart is heavy. Thank goodness, your friend has you to help her through.

Lifting prayers for your friend and her family. Praying for safety and travel mercies for those traveling. Prayers for you, for your strength and your support during this difficult time.

Bubby
October 22nd, 2017, 11:06 AM
You are such a caring friend, Suzanne. Your kindness won't be forgotten. Hugs to you and your friend.

MRoy
October 22nd, 2017, 11:20 AM
Prayers for safe travel and comfort for all. You're a great friend and I'm sure your thoughtfulness and support are really appreciated. Rest up when you get back home, you'll probably need it.