PDA

View Full Version : Design practice for the Big Project

Swedish leo
October 22nd, 2017, 07:47 AM
hi

I had a bit of a snafu yesterday.
When I went to work on the prepp of the main fabric I found out that my ( and the shop owners ) calculations were of by yards.... Eck !

I have not enough fabric width wise to start prepping and drawing designs !

well that is officiell the first bump of manny on this road, But not a disaster. I will call the quilt shop and get more of the fabric.

SO what can i do in the meanwhile ? I can practice the designs !

It will give me an estimate on how time consuming and /or difficult level of the design will be to quilt
It will also give me a head start on which design is more difficult to make and what I like to sew and what I do not like to sew.

And what design look good next to each other.

So here are the first practice piece. Not so bad, even if I can see where I got sloppy because I pushed on sewing when I should have taken a break. It does not seem to show of when you stand away and look at it.

Jean Sewing Machine
October 22nd, 2017, 08:10 AM
Wow, Annika! Your big project is going to be fabulous! This practice piece is gorgeous!

Anitamae56
October 22nd, 2017, 09:57 AM
Oh my gosh !! That is amazing!

KPH
October 22nd, 2017, 10:27 AM
Your practice is amazing... but learning to listen to your body when you need to take a break is probably a valuable lesson, too.

Tracie T
October 22nd, 2017, 10:34 AM
All I can say is WOW!!! You are extremely talented. I hope you plan on finishing the practice piece because that is awesome. How do you come up with the design ideas? I'm not good at that part.

Monique
October 22nd, 2017, 11:25 AM
If my practice was as good as yours. Amazing job Annika. The finished project will be spectacular.

CraftySweetPeas
October 22nd, 2017, 11:45 AM
Annika, this is going to be SUCH a beautiful quilt for your sister's 50th birthday!

TMP
October 22nd, 2017, 11:56 AM
That is beautiful!!

Debbie Watters
October 22nd, 2017, 03:21 PM
Simply amazing!

Grey Lady
October 22nd, 2017, 03:33 PM
Beautiful.

Annika, do you do all this on a domestic machine?

Thanks,

MHG Winnower
October 22nd, 2017, 03:36 PM
Incredibly beautiful!

Swedish leo
October 22nd, 2017, 03:44 PM
Beautiful.

Annika, do you do all this on a domestic machine?

Thanks,

Thank you very much !

Yes, I have a PFAFF quilt expression 4.0 ,

Swedish leo
October 22nd, 2017, 03:46 PM
All I can say is WOW!!! You are extremely talented. I hope you plan on finishing the practice piece because that is awesome. How do you come up with the design ideas? I'm not good at that part.

Thank you very much !

I have Cindy Needham´s Ultimate stencil collection and a big imagination .

Swedish leo
October 22nd, 2017, 03:47 PM
Thank you all for looking and for your very kind words !

I will keep posting picture as the adventure goes along.

:icon_wave:

Deegles
October 22nd, 2017, 08:51 PM
Oooooooo that is purdy! Nicely done!