PDA

View Full Version : The Big Project!

Swedish leo
October 20th, 2017, 11:25 AM
Hi

Now starts the Big Project!

My closest sister is turning 50 on the 5 th of February and I have decided that she needs a Whole Cloth Quilt !

So I have conned her in to make me a drawing of a lion head ( She is crazy good at drawing, ) I told her that I needed something new to practice sewing on. She bought it! Her last name is lion as married.

I will use the lion head as a center medallion and on the upper part I will quilt her nick name and on her hubby´s side his nick name.

I have decided to make 2 rectangular quilts that when finished I will join in the middle so it will fit their double bed.

That way it will be more manageable for me to quilt.

I have bought the fabric. Light grey for the front and light purple toward pink ish... for the back.

I have been drawing on paper to try to determent what I want to fmq. And this weekend I will start prepping the fabric, drawing center lines and other marking lines needed to center design elements.

I will post picture as soon as I have something to photograph.

I will relay heavily on you support and opinions.

Wish me luck! I might have chew down on something to big ;-)

Here are some example of design that I drew last night.

Lori63
October 20th, 2017, 11:28 AM
Oh that sounds like it will be so cool! Can't wait to see pics!

jjkaiser
October 20th, 2017, 11:48 AM
Wow I have faith in you that you can do this! Your work is amazing and if anyone is is up to a challenge this big it would be you!! Good luck.

KPH
October 20th, 2017, 11:54 AM
It will be amazing, no doubts about it!

Star lover
October 20th, 2017, 12:05 PM
No doubts here. I KNOW you can do and do it well....even better than I could ever dream.

Kgrammiecaz
October 20th, 2017, 01:27 PM
You are an amazing artist as well as FMQ. I love number three. Cannot wait to see the end product!!!

JCY
October 20th, 2017, 02:02 PM
What a big job you are undertaking! Can't wait to see the finished quilt. I would not have the patience to FMQ any of those drawing designs. More power to you!

Star lover
October 20th, 2017, 02:11 PM
I love number 1......2.......3......4........oh my, you have tough decisions to make! I have the utmost confidence that you'll make it look fabulous!

Heather
October 20th, 2017, 04:32 PM
I like them all but especially the one in the top right picture.

cv quilter
October 20th, 2017, 04:41 PM
Annika, You CAN do it....no question about that! Your possible designs are all wonderful.. You are definitely biting off a lot, but not too much for you. Good luck and can't wait to see your progress as you begin this new journey!

Jasonryan
October 20th, 2017, 04:58 PM
I love the upper right for fmq. Its gorgeous!

URIBARRI-MAYOR
October 20th, 2017, 06:41 PM
All his proyects are incredible and this too, I am sure that soon we will see this finished artwork, I encourage you can

Carol336
October 20th, 2017, 07:16 PM
Annika you are amazing. I can't wait to see the finished quilt.

LLLinda
October 20th, 2017, 08:40 PM
You say you are making this for your closest sister so you must have others. Look out; they will be expecting the same. Oh you may have lots of work ahead of you. Think of it as a labor of love.:D

Trish04
October 21st, 2017, 08:13 AM
cant wait to see what your finished quilt will be. you always do beautiful work!

pewa88
October 21st, 2017, 03:34 PM
Sounds great. I look forward to following along with your progress.

DeniseSm
October 21st, 2017, 04:17 PM
Wow. You are so talented. Have you considered teaching others your skills? You are that good.

Grey Lady
October 21st, 2017, 05:08 PM
Your work is always outstanding. This will really be a show stopper. I hope you will post updates through out The Big Project. I look forward to seeing more.

Swedish leo
October 22nd, 2017, 07:36 AM
Thank you so very much for all of your kind words !