PDA

View Full Version : Friday has finally arrived

Monique
October 20th, 2017, 08:08 AM

Good morning friends. Yes it is Friday all day today.

No sewing yesterday either, I went grocery shopping instead. I also got my flu shot in the morning. I was gone most of the day and then had to work for the elections last night.

When I got home yesterday I realized that the phones were out. It seemed to be pretty widespread. Found out first hand that our Mayor did not want to put any measures in place in the event of an emergency. Not good if he is looking for re-election. The phones are back working this morning. It wasn't a terribly busy night and I brought my laptop so I could download a whole bunch of movies, which I did in record time. We do this again on Monday from 10-5:30. That will be a long day.

Not sure what today will bring. I really need to get into the sewing room but my mojo is very slow in returning.

SO, have a great weekend everyone.

Star lover
October 20th, 2017, 08:14 AM
Oh Monique....you quack me up! I love the toon, makes me smile and makes my day! Thank you.
Hoping you can get into your sewing room soon.

I did make it into mine yesterday....after I silenced the windows calling me to clean them....I did them and managed to put my blocks together. Hoping to get 1 of the borders on today. I'll have to wait for the other border material to arrive, so I think I'll play with some fabric for another one that keeps whispering to me. I love to listen to the whispers SO much more than the cleaning demons!

Hoping everyone has a great day and a fantastic weekend! Hugs to all.......cause they feel soooo good!

Ginny B
October 20th, 2017, 08:37 AM
Good morning all. Yay Friday!! Monique I hope you get your mojo back and get some time in your sewing room. And Anita, I am hearing those cleaning whispers too and I am going to try to silence some of them but hope to get some time listening to the whispers from my sewing room.

Hubby seems to have had a good night. He did get up once during the night that I know of and it was just to use the bathroom. No bleeding. I guess the proof that the bleeding has been stopped will be today when he goes back to have the packing taken out. Fingers crossed.

We have our little Lily-bean's birthday party tomorrow. Can't believe that little one is 2 years old already. And next month our Henry will be 4!

Have a good Friday everyone.

Star lover
October 20th, 2017, 08:47 AM
Ginny B.....thankful that your DH had a good night. Praying that all continues to go well when then packing is removed.
Sigh....they do grow fast....too fast. I have 7 (all under 10) now and wasn't it just yesterday when they were born? Guess that's why NOW is the time to enjoy them!

KarenC
October 20th, 2017, 09:22 AM
Good morning all. Starting off the rainy day at the dealership getting my car serviced. 75k miles, and hopefully a lot more to go. Trying my best to make this car last. While here waiting, I brought a little hand sewing with me. Worked on a lattice quilt this week, just need to order fabric for the outer border. GD is now 7 weeks, and I have babysitting duty Sat - Mon. while her parents pack and move. Today is daughter's birthday, so we'll get together for lunch. Prayers for everyone in need (so many right now).

KPH
October 20th, 2017, 10:16 AM
It's Friday and I've not made it into my sewing room to do any sewing either. The plan was for yesterday, but someone knocked a huge concrete light pole and messed up the power lines over near my son's house. He called, it was getting close to dinner so we told them to come on over. Thank goodness I'd put 2 tenderloins in the crock pot. Anyway, he pulled in the drive way and was getting the youngest out of the car seat when his neighbor texted, the power was back on. The youngest walked in, smelled the pork and went straight to his chair and climbed up. It was hard convincing him it wasn't time for dinner! Thank goodness for animal crackers!

The oldest tried to sneak into the sewing/ school stuff room. He's not great at sneaking when he's whispering (loudly) to his sister to come on. He showed her the 'work book' we bought for her and got the 'work book' we bought for him and brought them both into the living room. They were both so excited to work! Both picked out a tracing the path page. lol, their dad was like 'he did his school work today'. I just looked at him, well go with the flow. Keeping him motivated with some fun experiences will help along the way. I've started planning what we're going to do next Wed. when we get to have school again... Apple pie and some apple works will be on the agenda.

I'm promising myself to get something done in the sewing room today, or tomorrow...

Ginny, I'm so glad your DH didn't have any issues last night. I hope things go well when they do the unpacking today.

Kids do grow up too fast. I have pictures of our boys on the family wall. His kids ask the 'who's that' all the time. I don't think they're convinced that kid up there is their father, or the guys on the fort at their church on DS's wedding day are Daddy and Uncle Mike.
I hope everyone has a great weekend. Prayers for those in need.

Bubby
October 20th, 2017, 10:19 AM
Morning Everyone,

Jeff decided to take today off so he can get an early start on his vacation. I got a very early morning call from our neighbors that their daughter's water broke and they were on the road to Louisiana, hopefully in time to be there before the baby comes. I'm pretty sure they will make it because they were already in Mississippi when they called us. I start taking care of their cats today through Sunday or Monday when Steve comes back home. The new Grandma will stay to care for her DD and the Grandbaby (a girl) for a week or so. I remember like it was yesterday the day Bree was born and my level of excitement was over the moon.

Nothing else new here. A new ice cream parlor opened in town and we make a visit there this afternoon. They serve homemade pie and ice cream....yum!

Wishing everyone a great day.....

JCY
October 20th, 2017, 10:41 AM
Good Morning ~ We had another warm day yest.; it got up to 78 deg. & was mostly sunny. I spent the afternoon running in/out moving the hose. Got the majority of the back yard sprinkled. I'll need to do a couple smaller areas today. In the morning I cooked up a kettle of DH's Anasazi beans. Two lb. of dry beans makes 7 freezer containers. I can't believe how the price of food keeps going up. I think those beans were <$1. when I first started buying them. Now they're ~$2.50 each. I've never seen them anywhere except in Colo. And the price of peanut butter jumped, too. I buy the large jar of Adams PB (natural, no added sugar). It was $5.97 & jumped to $6.37 at Wal-Mart. At least this year we're getting a 2% increase in our Soc. Sec. after not having one at all last year. Not great, but every little bit helps.

I did no sewing yest. I was too tired after the morning job of cleaning the bsmt. shower (& all that running in/out sprinkling). The shower job includes scrubbing the shower bench, shampoo holder from the wall, DH's flip-flops, etc. I'm always relieved when that job is done.

The only sewing related thing I did was to lay out the blocks for Donna Jordan's Cutting Corners quilt. From 7 FQs, I was able to get 20 (8") blocks. There may be just enough strips left over to squeak out a border. It will need some piecing. I have fabric that will coordinate for the backing. I hope to start sewing together the blocks today.

DH hurt himself yest. Because of his Parkinson's. his speech & chewing have been altered. Sometimes he accidentally bites the inside of his cheek while eating--usually when eating an apple. Yest. was the worst yet. He had a big blood blister in his mouth. He poked it with a pin to drain it. Spit out a mouth full of blood. Now he has this huge sore in his mouth which makes it hard to eat. He's been using an ice pack for the swelling of his cheek. I hope it heals quickly. He's pretty miserable.

I hope everyone has a good week end.

Lori63
October 20th, 2017, 11:25 AM
Yesterday was my day with the grands. I took them to a local open gym for toddlers. DGD ended up having a meltdown and we left early. The more I got to thinking about it, I really let her down. I didn't advocate for her like I should have. There was a girl a little older than her that came up to the rings DGD was playing on. So DGD gave her a turn. Then the girl runs off, DGD goes back to playing on the rings, then mom comes up and informs the owner the pads under the rings are too high so she starts moving them as DGD is still playing on them. The pads were the perfect height for her. DGD loses it! I take her away and try to calm her down, finally calm her down by convincing her to play on the trampoline, we are just getting ready to get on the trampoline when the same little girl comes running over, jumps on the trampoline before we could get to it and laughs! . Of course DGD lost it again. I think the owner saw what was going on because he came over as we were getting shoes on and gave us two free passes to come back again.

When we go back next week, I almost hope the same mom and daughter are there. This time I will stand up for DGD ! I've always been one to avoid confrontation if possible, but this time I know I need to stand up for her.

Ginny- sorry to hear about your hubby, I know sometimes those nosebleeds can take forever to get stopped. I work for an ambulance service and you wouldn't believe the number of people we transport due to nosebleeds that have been going on for hours!

No sewing yesterday, but I did get in a bit before work today and hope to sew more tonight.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!

TMP
October 20th, 2017, 01:05 PM
Ginny I hope your husband feels better soon. Not a hold lot happening here. Bugs are beginning to come in the house and I just hate them. They came and sprayed this morning. I watched them and I think they did a pretty good job.

I am struggling with this lab. She is the sweetest dog but she is eating everything I have. She gnawed on the leg of mama's dresser and then she started eating the sheet rock. Yes, she tore herself off a big section of it !! I went to Home Depot and got stuff to repair the sheetrock. I am trying to find someone who can repair furniture . I have called the breeder and all the things she told me to do have not helped. I was up with her at 1am last night, she was throwing up . I guess it was something she ate cause she is fine now. I am trying to find an obedience trainer or someone to help me with her. This was my husband's puppy and he loved her so much, but she is a real handful. I spend most of yesterday cleaning the downstairs. Oh my goodness the dog hair!

I am putting the binding on an oversized throw. I am thinking of giving it to my next door neighbor ( she was such a good friend when DH passed ). I keep looking at it and thinking that maybe its not nice enough. I really didn't have time to break-in my long arm this summer and I am still experimenting with it.

My granddaughter is coming after school and is going to spend the night. I am hoping she doesn't bring her Ipad so we can spend some time together. If she does I guess that is okay.

Happy Friday to everyone!