PDA

View Full Version : Here's The NEWEST MSQC From Jenny .....and.....Me & My Sister!

redcaboose1717
October 20th, 2017, 02:30 AM
Normally Swedish Leo ( Annika ) always posts the newest tutorial.....but I have noticed she hasn't posted for a few days....so, here's the newest tutorial !

https://youtu.be/xeMzWOVY9zM

Swedish leo
October 20th, 2017, 03:06 AM
Thank you!

I am running a bit late this morning.

Off to watch ! Have a nice day !

That was really cool ! I think I want one of those fat Dresden template!

laura44
October 20th, 2017, 03:42 AM
Thanks for the link. I LOVE Me and My Sister fabrics. I love the
quilt too, just a little more work than I want to do.

redcaboose1717
October 20th, 2017, 03:53 AM
Thanks for the link. I LOVE Me and My Sister fabrics. I love the
quilt too, just a little more work than I want to do.

I guess I had never noticed Me & My Sister Fabrics / blog......WOW....I really got excited over this new tutorial ! :).....I really want to order the stuff to make one !

Well, I think I am off to bed ....Good Night ( or good morning ) Everybody !

Star lover
October 20th, 2017, 07:12 AM
Thank you posting this.....I'm likin this one......oh man....the list just keeps growing!

Monique
October 20th, 2017, 07:59 AM
I like the pattern but not the fact that I need another ruler. Could easily figure out the proper size I guess.

KarenC
October 20th, 2017, 08:20 AM
That'sounds cute. Thinking I may try this out with my tri-rec ruler, see if that could work.

Star lover
October 20th, 2017, 08:22 AM
That'sounds cute. Thinking I may try this out with my tri-rec ruler, see if that could work.

Mmmmm, I have that ruler too.....I wonder......thanks!

Astatoo
October 20th, 2017, 09:23 AM
I like the options for this one. Since I made the one block in Sept. (thanks Chatyti) I have been planning on making/finishing that quilt.

Bubby
October 20th, 2017, 09:43 AM
I have the Doublewide ruler and love the sample I made out of scraps. It was quick and easy. I plan to applique it onto some light gray linen left over from a baby quilt I made earlier this year.

Star lover
October 20th, 2017, 10:02 AM
I have the Doublewide ruler and love the sample I made out of scraps. It was quick and easy. I plan to applique it onto some light gray linen left over from a baby quilt I made earlier this year.

That's sooooo pretty!

KPH
October 20th, 2017, 10:21 AM
I was watching Laura's tutorial that came up on my tablet before bed last night. I don't know what happened, but the tutorial froze, then a big pop, and the tablet restarted. I never found the tutorial I was watching, but the M* tutorial for today was posted, so I watched it. I love this idea. I'm really liking the one they made with the different sizes. Wouldn't that look neat hanging on the front door!

JCY
October 20th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Cute, but more work than I want to do. Too many other patterns on my bucket list already, as well as UFOs waiting to be completed.

Papa
October 20th, 2017, 10:52 AM
I made mine with oriental fabrics for my daughter. I have 14 blocks but haven't put them on a background yet. I drew the template and glued it to piece of cardboard from a cereal box since I didn't feel like buying the template.

TMP
October 20th, 2017, 10:57 AM
Papa that is a good idea because the ruler says unavailable when I searched on MSQ. I think this quilt looks like it would be fun to make..

lmanna
October 20th, 2017, 12:06 PM
Looks like they have a book of other pattens that use this ruler coming out soon. It might make the ruler seem more worth purchasing. Wonder if my local library will be purchasing this book....
https://www.amazon.com/Double-Wide-Dresden-Book/dp/069294558X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1508511857&sr=8-2&keywords=Double+Wide+Dresden+Ruler

bakermom
October 20th, 2017, 12:10 PM
I was watching it around 4am, much to DH's dismay. Hey, I couldn't sleep! I don't have that template but love dresdens so it is on my list

EnumclawGramma
October 20th, 2017, 01:09 PM
I love all things Me and My Sister, and have made several quilts using their fabrics. I may have to jump in and add this template to my collection! Would make neat candle rings.....

kjohnson
October 20th, 2017, 02:51 PM
This is beautiful! Did you just make up the pattern? I need to checkout the doublewide ruler.

kjohnson
October 20th, 2017, 03:03 PM
Papa - yours is beautiful too. Forgive my ignorance, but you said you made your own template - so how did you know the measurements to make it? I haven't seen the video and can't watch it here at work.

Papa
October 20th, 2017, 03:04 PM
This is beautiful! Did you just make up the pattern? I need to checkout the doublewide ruler.

I just made the template 36 degrees. It is 1 inch wide at the bottom and is 5 3/4 inches tall. This gave me a template that worked well with fat quarters. The pattern is a standard dresden plate that measures 12 1/2 inches wide.

midnightline
October 20th, 2017, 03:25 PM
Just FYI if you already own the Jewelbox Gem 10 ruler from Phillips Fiber Arts, they are approximately the same thing (36 degree wedge rulers).

LLLinda
October 20th, 2017, 03:51 PM
Now I have to look for Me and My Sister fabrics. Thought that was a cute tute.

The_Last_Unicorn
October 20th, 2017, 04:18 PM
The template is already sold out! Glad I ordered mine first thing this morning. Imagine what this pattern would look like in batiks...the dresden blade shapes would look like crystals. Hmm...

chelea
October 20th, 2017, 06:19 PM
wouldn't it make an elegant block with Christmas metallics or the little black dress type fabrics...

dizzyLiz
October 20th, 2017, 08:03 PM
How cute. I love this

LLLinda
October 20th, 2017, 08:34 PM
Nobody has any sale prices either. I sure do like the block but I may experiment with making a 36 degree myself.

redcaboose1717
October 20th, 2017, 08:46 PM
The template is already sold out! Glad I ordered mine first thing this morning. Imagine what this pattern would look like in batiks...the dresden blade shapes would look like crystals. Hmm...

Me & My Sister has a website AND THEY HAVE THE TEMPLATE for sale .....take a look :

http://meandmysisterdesigns.bigcartel.com/product/double-wide-dresden-ruler

TMP
October 21st, 2017, 03:03 AM
I had a credit with Amazon and ordered the ruler from them. I do want to try this quilt. I'm going to use one of the jelly rolls I already have.

kensington
October 22nd, 2017, 09:38 PM
I got this tool a while ago, I met them, they did a private trunk show for me and my husband. They are wonderful and their quilts are awesome. 😎