PDA

View Full Version : Oh it's Thursday today

Monique
October 19th, 2017, 08:36 AM

Well good morning friends. I made it through the night before with the machine and electrodes all over my face and head. I don't know if I passed the test or not. I did manage to get some sleep, and I did snore, hubby told me so and I awoke with a sore throat. Up at 5:30am yesterday to return the machine and made it in plenty of time for my 10am appointment for the cortisone shot. My knee feels weird this morning. I don't know yet if it has made any difference.

Today I am going to get my flu shot and probably go into the church basement and see if there is anything there. I do have a few things to give them. Tonight I work from 7-9 for the elections, we are starting revisions.

I did not get into my sewing room at all yesterday, I may try and get there today.

Have a great day everyone.

Star lover
October 19th, 2017, 08:53 AM
Morning Monique and all....

Just laughed at your cartoon.....thank you!

Monique it's no wonder you had a sore throat! If I had to sleep with all that stuff, I'd probably be on my back the whole time.....resulting in a sore throat. Thankful for you that it's over. Hopefully they can help you with whatever the results are.
Also hoping you can get into your sewing room today.
I haven't sewn in a few days. Still have my bug, but feel better this am. Have lots to catch up on, so I'm hoping later today I can sew some.
We're having a beautiful stretch of weather.....today in the 70's and sunny! I've got windows calling me to clean.....I've had my fingers in my ears trying not to listen, but I may do so taoday.....unless the machine calls louder.....LOUDER!! Please.....sigh.

Hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful day. Love and hugs all around......cause we all need them.....all the time!

Bubby
October 19th, 2017, 09:03 AM
Morning Everyone,

I got a lot done in the sewing room yesterday. I also went temporarily insane and got too much of my hair cut off. The good thing is that by Christmas it will be mostly grown back. Why didn't I do this in the summer?

Dottie and I are planning a slow day with a trip to the state nursery for a long walk. We can both use the exercise.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.....with hugs.

JCY
October 19th, 2017, 09:04 AM
Monique, I don't know where you find all these delightful pics to post. I'm sure you're relieved the sleep study is over.

The city got the water main break fixed in time so we were able to meet for Bible Study yest. a.m. The street was closed to thru traffic, but we were able to access the parking lot; the church is on the corner. After BSF I had my usual Wendy's lunch, then went to Vitamin Cottage & another local groc. store. When I got home, DH said the phone was out -- again! Also no internet, since it's DSL with the phone co. This time when I called I was able to talk to a live person with tech. support. It's amazing what they can do with their computer systems. He did testing of our line & got things fixed while we talked. We were very relieved. Just in case one of our older land-line phones is causing a problem, I ordered a new AT&T corded phone from Amazon. We already have 2 others like it. It had an audio adjustment on it that really helps with our old ears. DH is very hard of hearing, but has no interest in hearing aids.

We had another beautiful day yest. with temp. of 83 deg. I dragged out the hose & watered the front yard. I'll do more watering today in the back yard. Cleaning the bsmt. shower is on my agenda for today. It's a job I hate, but it needs to be done. I wish I could just snap my fingers & have a brand new shower replacement.

Have a good day.

Ginny B
October 19th, 2017, 09:35 AM
Good morning all. Well it's a very exciting day today. My little sister is getting married. She and Larry have been together for about 12 years and a couple months ago after she came back from a week long vacation trip with some friends, he told her that they had to have a talk. (So romantic, lol) He said that while she was away he had been thinking about things and asked her if she would marry him. She said yes. So they settled on this date because it's the anniversary of when they met. So I'm off to get ready to be her witness. There will be 6 of us with them today. A Small group but that's what they want. They are going to plan a small get together down the road and make the announcement to everyone after they get back from a short trip they are taking this weekend. I am very happy for them.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Bubby
October 19th, 2017, 10:29 AM
Congratulations to your sister and her hubby, Jenny!

KPH
October 19th, 2017, 12:31 PM
Congratulations, for your sister, Ginny!

That's a good way to start the morning.

Looking at your little cartoon this morning made me think, that's probably why mom refused to have a sleep study done! I doubt that I would sleep at all.

Took the truck for it's appointment at the dealership to fix the recall problem. It didn't take long, I managed to read about three chapters of a book series that I've been following since the beginning. So far, 5 chapters in and I've lost interest in the series. I'll finish it since it was a gift copy, but I doubt that I'll spend any more of my money on the series.

I cleaned up the school day work, and started getting things organized and ready to sandwich the placemats. It was great seeing how hard Jonathan worked yesterday. The home school program they're working with has so many silly worksheets. I know repetition is important, but lets just drown the kid that doesn't have muscle control in printing work, instead of work that develops those muscles. (Whoops, slipping up on top of my soap box)

Tenderloin is in the crock pot for dinner. So I better get some work started since the morning is over.

Lori63
October 19th, 2017, 04:05 PM
I love reading about everyone's days, yet seldom comment myself. Thursdays are my days off ( I work four 10 hour days) I have both grandbabies today, they are 3 1/2 and almost two. We went to a gymnastics place this morning and my granddaughter had a meltdown. Needless to say, we didn't stay too long, but the owner felt sorry for me and gave me two free passes for next time. He said he remembered those days and understood.

My current projects are Halloween costumes and I fear I'm running out of time. I'm making costumes from the movie Frozen. Granddaughter is Elsa, her costume is almost done. Grandson is Olaf. I found a costume pattern for him online and it was free, but boy can you tell the lady that wrote it is not a pattern designer. She has several patterns for sale on her site, but based on the free one, I wouldn't pay for one of her patterns. Fortunately, I've been able to work around it and the costume is coming along. I saved the hardest for last, my daughter wants an Anna costume. I found a Simplicity pattern and after looking at the instructions, I have my work cut out for me. Is it silly to take vacation days to make Halloween costumes??

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Ginny B
October 19th, 2017, 06:36 PM
Well it has been quite a day! DH and I were getting ready to get our "go to sisty's wedding" clothes on. I had just finished my makeup and hair and dh came into the bedroom after taking his shower but he had a towel up to his face. I thought maybe he had cut himself a bit shaving. Nope he had a bloody nose. We figured it would stop shortly so I went downstairs and got a cold washcloth for him to use and I proceeded to dry his hair (he has long hair) and start putting my dress, etc. on. Nose is still bleeding. I go down and get an icepack, change out the wet washcloth and have him sit back and relax on the bed for a bit. Nope, no go. Still bleeding. We have now gone through a number of washcloths and some handkerchiefs too. He is on blood thinners because of an artificial heart valve so we are beginning to get concerned. He decides that I should just go to the wedding without him and he'll go to the ER. I was hesitant but he was insistent. I didn't want to stress out the bride but I needed to call her and let her know that I might be a few minutes late and why. So, I help him get dressed and we call his cardiologist, they say, definitely go to ER. I thought about just dropping him off (the hospital is close thank goodness) but he says No, I can drive myself. We go back and forth about this for while and he wins. I say fine, but after the ceremony, I'm coming right back. He says No go to the luncheon too He went to the Er and I headed to the wedding. It was a beautiful day and we were able to use the gazebo across from the Town Hall and all went well. Right after I signed the papers as witness, hubby called and said his nose was still bleeding and they were going to have to pack it. But I didn't let him win the argument about the luncheon, I headed back to the hospital (about 35 minutes away from where I was) where he was still sitting waiting to have his nose packed. He was in a section called Express Care and he had this big clothespin-like clamp on his nose that they said was supposed to help stop the bleeding. He said that they had put that on quite a while ago. Well, as we are sitting there, the blood starts coming back down past the clip thing so I flag down the PA that he said worked on him and show him the blood and he says yup, going to have to pack it. So, after about another 15 minutes of wiping the blood off his face, the doctor finally comes in and does it. Sheesh. Then there is more waiting to see if it's going to work and ta da! looks like it did. Of course, now he has this big white thing sticking out of his nostril but what the heck, looks like the bleeding is slowing down. He has to go back tomorrow and have it taken out. I pray the bleeding doesn't start again.

So, while it wasn't exactly the day I had envisioned, my sister did get married, it was a beautiful day and everyone is very happy. Well, maybe not the guy sitting in the recliner right now with the big white thing sticking out of his nostril.

JCY
October 19th, 2017, 07:07 PM
Ginny, Oh my goodness! What a day you had! Glad your hubby got to the ER. Hope the packing did the trick. No fun breathing through your mouth. Sometimes they cauterize those. Glad it was nice weather for the wedding. Hang in there.

KPH
October 19th, 2017, 07:27 PM
Oh man, Ginny! I hope your DH gets everything under control.

Back in the day, I had a student that had nose bleeds. He'd have clot plugs that would make you think he literally was bleeding out. The mom, my assistant and I would ask every medical pro we could find to give us an idea to try. It took us a while to get someone to give us some ideas that worked for him. Bless his heart, he couldn't help it but it embarrassed him so much to have a nose bleed at school.

KarenC
October 19th, 2017, 09:00 PM
Oh my Ginny, what a day. Glad they were able to get DH's bleeding under control and sis had a nice wedding.

Lori, it is not stupid to take vacation to sew costumes. If you enjoy it or if deadline is looming, why not.