PDA

View Full Version : Do you have the Amazon Echo Dot?

jjkaiser
October 17th, 2017, 07:02 PM
I am posting this question bc the friendly help desk at Amazon did not know the answer. I don't have the Echo Dot but thinking about ordering it. It is only $49 which seems pretty reasonable. I have a Kindle Fire which was the latest version that came out in Dec 2016 so is pretty up to date. Am going to subscribe to Amazon Prime Music which I will access through the Kindle. My dh hates technology but wants a small speaker he can listen to in different rooms. The Echo does not have a battery so it has to always be plugged in but that is not a problem. The "problem" is that dh does not want a device he has to talk to, and it is voice activated, you tell Alexa what to play. Once I get the Echo set up and synced to my Kindle, will I still have the option of manually choosing what music to play using the screen on the Kindle instead of talking to the Echo? The official Amazon answer was "I think so" but I could tell she was just guessing. If you have any other comments about the Echo I would love to hear them. Sorry this post got so long!

Hulamoon
October 17th, 2017, 07:35 PM
Did you ask Amazon or put your question where other buyers get the question in their emails?

jjkaiser
October 17th, 2017, 07:48 PM
I talked to them on the phone.

redcaboose1717
October 17th, 2017, 07:52 PM
I talked to them on the phone.

Here's a link to the Amazon Echo Dot......there's answered questions there too.....( I didn't read any of the questions or answers, sorry )

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Echo-Dot-Portable-Bluetooth-Speaker-with-Alexa-Black/dp/B01DFKC2SO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1508280843&sr=8-3&keywords=echo+dot+2nd+generation

Hulamoon
October 17th, 2017, 08:11 PM
I would ask in the buyers section. You will get more answers. I have answered for a few products.

Scroll almost to the bottom.

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Echo-Dot-Portable-Bluetooth-Speaker-with-Alexa-Black/dp/B01DFKC2SO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1508282665&sr=8-1&keywords=echo+dot