PDA

View Full Version : Monday a new day and the start of a new week

Monique
October 16th, 2017, 08:35 AM

Yes sir the weekend is over just like that.

I did get some sewing done but I am like a squirrel at times, I get easily distracted. On Friday I cleaned out the 'back room' somewhat. This room is like the junk room. I couldn't get to the dryer without banging into something. I had quite a load to go to the dump. I did get into the sewing room and sewed some.

Saturday was an auction sale. I bought a cooler and a clock but came home with junk to go with it. There was a beautiful sewing cabinet with a machine inside. It went for $10 and not to me. I really don't need another machine and have no place to put it. A box has been started for 'giveaway'. Again I got into the sewing room. I finished quilting a Christmas table runner and got the binding put on.

Yesterday I got all set up to start hand quilting a wall hanging for the SS Christmas swap. I visited my friend Bonnie. She was gifted a sewing machine but it needs repairs. It is a Singer 648. She wanted my opinion on whether she should get it repaired or not. The feed dogs are worn right out, so it needs that for sure, plus a good cleaning and oiling. It did run and I showed Bonnie how to fill a bobbin. It didn't come with a manual but I am downloading one for her. I think she will take it in and get an estimate on how much it will cost to fix it.

This is a very busy week for me. Tomorrow I have to get hooked up for a sleep test. I sleep at home, go back the next morning and they disconnect me. Then I have an appointment for a cortisone shot in my right knee the same morning. Thursday night we have revisions for the elections from 7pm - 9pm. The 23rd is revisions again but all day. I will prepare some hand quilting to take with me. Oct 29th is the advance polling, again all day, and finally the election is Nov 5 again all day and maybe all night. We will have a lot of ballots to count, 7 seats plus another ballot for Warden. That's 8 ballots each person has to fill out. Thankfully we get paid by the hour. Somewhere in there Bonnie and I will be making a couple of little road trips, getting machine looked at and getting winter tires installed on her vehicle.

I finally got to talk with Maizyn on Saturday. I have missed her so much. She said she couldn't talk to me because they didn't have internet at the new house. Phil got it all set up for them. I asked her about school and her reply was that she hadn't been at school for a really long time. WHAT? I think it has to do with zoning, she is not in the same zone and will probably have to change schools. It doesn't sit well with me but I keep my mouth shut.

So that's what my week looks like so far.

Have a great day everyone.

kimsophia
October 16th, 2017, 08:53 AM
Good morning, all...I am taking a break from some decorative projects to make a long wrap dress. Boy is it odd sewing a 5/8ths inch seam again! This dress is going together quite easily and I'm using my Clover clips to hold things together, so no stabbing myself and thus, no cussing! Whoo! Hubby was surprised! :) I didn't realize how cold it was going to get last night...I hope my succulent collection didn't get frost burnt. :O Book club tonight if I am awake then...

JCY
October 16th, 2017, 09:01 AM
Good Morning ~ We've been having beautiful fall days. Yest. it warmed up to 67 deg., so I put on my old clothes & cleaned up the flower pots on the patio. Everything got zapped with the recent freezes. I also pulled some weeds. By the time I finished, I had a garbage bag full of stuff. Mon. is our garbage pick-up day. This morning I need to get out & clean up all the twigs that blew down during our big wind a couple days ago. Our mowing day is tomorrow. I need to get them picked up before they mow.

I didn't get into the sewing room until evening, but I sewed together the strips for binding, made a practice sandwich, & machine basted around the perimeter of the pig quilt (Via Olivia). Hopefully I can get started on the FMQ later today.

I contacted the vendor from which I had purchased those Civil War fabrics at last month's quilt fair. She's going to check her supplies to see if she has any more of the Old Cambridge Pike fabric I am looking for.

Time to get DH's breakfast, start the laundry, etc.

mischiefkat
October 16th, 2017, 09:14 AM
Good Morning Monique and all who follow,
I spent yesterday repairing quilt seams that pulled out during washing. That was a job. Think I'm going to make seams a smidge wider and then zig- zag the seam allowance from now on.
Today, I'm going to finish putting my sewing room back together. Stuff still in plastic containers, after packing up for Irma. I have been sewing ,but just pulling out what I needed.
I have little boys after school today & tomorrow, then Wednesday we fly to Ill. . I will be glad to see my family, have some cooler weather, fall leaves, and do some shopping. DS has a shopping route all planned out, plus access to her stash. I'm taking her some kids quilts for her church ministry.
Monique, good luck with your sleep test. All the wires just make it hard to get comfortable to sleep sometimes.
Hopefully, communication will improve between you & Maizyn now that she has net hook up.
Everyone have a good day hugs and prayers to all Kathy

Star lover
October 16th, 2017, 09:57 AM
Monique, thank you for the "poof monkey"; it makes everything better!

Good morning everyone. Late start today....we'll I was up early but I have some kinda bug and went back to bed.
Had a fantastic weekend. Was able to visit with my brother, his wife and one of our sons all day Saturday. We went to Ohio and the weather couldn't have been more perfect. Yesterday was wet, cold and icky. My GS turned 8 and the party was in the evening when the weather cleared up. He's such a treasure!
So sad Monique when we can't have the same kind of relationship with a grandchild. Hopefully you'll be able to stay in touch more often with the net working. You do sound like you'll be busy for the next month or so! A sleep test? Never had that one. Doesn't sound like fun.
In fact y'all sound very busy.
Have a great day all. Hugs and love to everyone!

MRoy
October 16th, 2017, 10:41 AM
Good morning! It was a quiet weekend here. I guess the big excitement was DH and I both got haircuts. I cut my hair, then I cut his. LOL! Today is guild sit-n-sew, but it's from 4-7 pm instead of the usual 1-4. We're trying out having an evening session once a month in hopes of attracting some new folks to the guild. I'm still working on a donation quilt there. I've got a roast cooking in the crock pot and veggies already cooked for DH's supper while I'm gone.
I've got to start on a baby quilt soon for my great-nephew's baby coming in January. We don't know if it's a girl or boy so it will have to be gender neutral. I need to start fabric shopping for that soon!

TMP
October 16th, 2017, 11:44 AM
Its chilly here today. I guess its time for that but I so hate to see the cold weather.

I have the best neighbors. Yesterday the one across the street came running over when I was bringing in groceries and grabbed the flat of water and a huge bag of dog food. I generally have to wait until my daughter can bring it in. The neighbor next to me ask if he could walk Sandy for me. Sandy has got so big (and she is a wild child) she pulls me all over the yard. He was gone for a good 45 minutes. She came in and ate and went right to sleep. He wants to walk her for me daily when he is in town. He said it would be good for them both. Isn't that the nicest thing.

I am embarrassed to say that I have fabric from when I first started quilting that has not been touched. You know the one that you just have to have and can not live without. I am going to make myself sew this fabric before I buy anymore. Well, I am going to stay out of fabric shops until I use this up. I have no will power when it comes to fabric. Grandbabies, chocolate and fabric is there anything in this world better?

Have a great day everyone!

KPH
October 16th, 2017, 03:53 PM
Well, I missed good morning, so Good Afternoon All,

DS and DIL, have finally decided to inform Nana and me about Jonathan's 'home school' schedule. Monday morning we pick up Esther and Zeke and keep them while Nana has Kindergarten with Jonathan. Wednesday morning we'll go pick up Jonathan and have Kindergarten with me. Everyone goes back to Nana's around 1 so I think I got the easy end of the deal.

DIL is off on this Wed. so I'm not sure if she'll take the kindergarten time this week or not. I'll just stay confused about all of it. One thing that bugs Nana and me both, is the number of worksheets that are being required. There's so much more to having a great kindergarten experience than filling out a bunch of boring old worksheets!

I picked up some fabric for borders and backing for the last set of placemats I started on. They won't take long to finish. I just have to get motivated to get busy.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Tracie T
October 16th, 2017, 07:48 PM
I guess I'm better at Good Evening. Long day at work but we celebrated Boss's Day and had a nice lunch. Tomorrow will be another busy day and then going to see my DD in the Halloween Parade tomorrow night. She's in Color Guard so me, DH and youngest DD will go watch her. That will be fun. Ok, well have a good night all!