PDA

View Full Version : It's Saturday

JCY
October 14th, 2017, 05:51 PM
Good afternoon ~ I'm just now getting to the Forum. I was busy all morning making my turkey patties for the next 3 wks. This afternoon I did some web searching for the fabrics I used for my mini quilts. One of the fabrics was from the Old Cambridge Pike collection by Moda. M* is sold out forever. I found it on another web site. Still haven't decided if I want to order it or just use fabric from my stash, even though it might not be Civil War. I guess I should have bought more at the quilt fair. I paid only $6./yd. for these.

We're having another sunny day, but it is very windy! Our high was only in the 60's. It was a chilly 39 deg. this a.m. with frost. I think it's supposed to be warmer the next couple days. I need to get outside & dispose of the flowers in the patio pots that got zapped with the hard freeze several days ago. Just have been too busy with other projects.

I sewed for an hour yest. eve. I have the pig panel (Via Olivia) top finished, starched/pressed, & ready to sandwich. This silly fabric has sort of grown on me as I've worked on it. It's a charity quilt for the guild. Since it's for kids, the quilting needs to be closer together. I'll use cotton quilting thread on this one & just do an all-over, edge-to-edge pattern.

Our LQS has scheduled a quilting/sewing day to make quilts & pillow cases for M* for the hurricane victims. I think they'll be collecting till Dec. 1, so if there are those who still want to contribute, you probably could send your quilts or pillow cases to M*.

I hope everyone is having a good week end, with time to sew, or just to relax & enjoy yourself.

Bubby
October 14th, 2017, 06:24 PM
We just got home from the apartments. There was a terrible accident with deaths on the way. We were stopped for at least 45 minutes so emergency vehicles could get through.

There is nothing left to do her but feed us all and relax for the rest of the evening.

I hope everyone had a good day.

CraftyJnet
October 14th, 2017, 08:00 PM
We were up early this morning. After breakfast, DH and I went to Costco and then to the grocery store/pharmacy. Picked up prescriptions and a few odds and ends.

I can't seem to summon up my sewing mojo. The news around here is pretty sad. Three thousand homes burned down in Santa Rosa alone, with new evacuations today. No idea about Calistoga, Boyes Hot Springs, Middletown or the surrounding areas. Our local humane society is hosting almost 400 animals whose owners have had to evacuate. They've set up two huge tents in one of the open areas at the shelter. Hundreds more lost or displaced animals are at the fairgrounds in Vallejo and I think Sonoma too, as well as the other humane societies. So grateful to be 25 miles away to the south. I put our house on one of the rescue sites to foster a dog but haven't heard back yet.

KPH
October 14th, 2017, 08:01 PM
Oh Barb, I hope you can get your travels off your mind so you can rest tonight.

We encountered a similar experience on one of our last trips home to NC from FL. It never took us over 6 hours to get home. That day, it was over 10.

Prayers for the families involved.