PDA

View Full Version : Friday has finally arrived

Monique
October 13th, 2017, 07:59 AM
Well good morning friends. Yes it is Friday.

We have municipal elections coming up Nov 5 and last night was the start of 'training'. I will be working once again for the elections. I have worked many elections, federal, provincial and municipal. It will be lots of work on election night, as we have 7 seats up for grabs PLUS 1 for Warden of the County. That's eight ballots people have to fill out in one shot. Holy moly. Next week is going to be crazy.

I headed out to the nearly new yesterday. I didn't find what I wanted in knitting patterns, and that's okay. I did buy a new to me winter coat for $10. It is a short (past the bum) navy blue coat. Not a bad deal.

Hubby left for the camp yesterday and will be back Sunday some time. So I get to play all by myself. AND I got sewing late yesterday after a very long nap. I plugged in my little electric blanket and slept for a little more than 2 hours. I got the rows done for my little Christmas runner, now to put it all together. So that is my plan for today.

OH and some of you may remember Denis, he had a store in Renfrew, Ontario. He is a forum member here but I think it has been a while since he was here. Well in any case, he is having a clearance sale in his on-line store.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.valleyneedleworx.ca%2F&h=ATNNc6wRCCIC_axRQgW_jO-lmgpKlwhV89CrBBibnVgclO7H9Df8XcTPP9Gu1SU9rFZBVjfKB GigIEBj9X3c3GWBMLY-1c1xnHI1zmmhDHnys0vGI_bNErcyf4SlTajNR4dfpnCE

And before you ask, yes I did make a purchase. Plus I get it delivered at no extra charge (only because I know his sister).

So I may have gotten my groove back with the runner yesterday. So today I am going to finish that up and work on some other things I have on the go. A friend has asked for a baby quilt for her niece who is due in March. I have a panel picked out so I may try and get that sandwiched today as well. Something I can work on while working the elections.

Tomorrow Lynda and I are going to an auction sale (2 sewing machines for sale) and other stuff. We may or may not stick around.

Have a great day and weekend everyone.

Star lover
October 13th, 2017, 08:06 AM
Morning Monique and everyone! I knew you'd get your goove back Monique! Now you have a couple of days to improve on it!

(I was secretly hoping for another side splitting graphic this am!)

Rained again most of the day yesterday......guess we're making up for the low rain levels for the past couple months. We needed it, but sure makes it dreary.

Birthday party for one of my GS this weekend. Otherwise nothing special.

Hope everyone has a peaceful, restful......and a fun weekend.....whatever you do!

KarenC
October 13th, 2017, 08:42 AM
Good morning. After a few days of really nice weather, we are headed back to high 80s again.

Yesterday I had my first of 3 classes on constructing a bishop dress. It's been so long since I've sewn clothing. There are 5 in the class. Did my homework last night, and am pumped for the next class. Wish I didn't have to wait a week. I have a long list of errands for today, so going to s t art off the day with a walk.

Star lover
October 13th, 2017, 08:45 AM
Monique.....love your weekend face! I gotta smile for sure now!.....kinda looks like your weekend face.....mmmmmm ......contagious!

Jean Sewing Machine
October 13th, 2017, 09:36 AM
Monique, thanks for the link to Denis's website and online store. He was so halpful to me when I was starting with my longarm. Wish he still participated in our forum. He always gave excellent advice!

Jean Sewing Machine
October 13th, 2017, 09:37 AM
Good morning. After a few days of really nice weather, we are headed back to high 80s again.

Yesterday I had my first of 3 classes on constructing a bishop dress. It's been so long since I've sewn clothing. There are 5 in the class. Did my homework last night, and am pumped for the next class. Wish I didn't have to wait a week. I have a long list of errands for today, so going to s t art off the day with a walk.
Karen, what is a bishop dress? Sounds very interesting!

KPH
October 13th, 2017, 10:12 AM
Good Morning All.

Monique, it's great to get back into the creative swing of things. I know I missed being in my sewing room when the kiddos were here.

DH and DS#2 are back in the 'stuff hauling' mode. The first set of storage rooms were convenient for DS#1 to check on when we were in the process of moving. We've emptied 2 of the rooms. There's one room left. DH rented a smaller storage locker at the same place we have the camper stored. Now, they're moving everything left in the more expensive unit, to the 'it's going to be closer and cheaper unit.' Then comes the even better, the camper storage and locker combined are less that the one we started with! Win, win!

There's going to be some stuff that he's going to have to get rid of. It's killing him to get rid of his grandfather's desk, but we have no room for it. Both boys have their own desks plus it was a cheap particle board and plastic roll top. So it's getting donated today. It's about time he's had to make those hard choices. I know I've been giving up stuff that was important to me all along this journey.

Strange thing, we had someone call last night asking if we were wanting to sell our house. My son answered the phone. He was like NO we just moved in this past May! We're NOT going back through this already! I guess he's through with moving for a while!

Since the guys are going to be out of the house, I'm going to hit the bathrooms for a good cleaning and then head into my sewing room. After another cup of coffee, that is!

I hope everyone has a great weekend! Let the creativity flow!

JCY
October 13th, 2017, 11:24 AM
Good Morning! Sunny & clear. It was 39 deg. with light frost. Yest. was a gorgeous Indian Summer day. It got up to 82 deg. It's supposed to be cooler today.

I'm baking DH's spelt bread today. The first loaf (dough cycle) will be ready to knead in just a few min. This is my first time to use the new breadmaker.

I started a new project yest. It's a kit from the guild to be for Quilts for Kids. A Via Olivia panel to which I'm supposed to add wide borders on each side. The backing fabric was a striped design all going in one direction, so I cut it down the middle & sewed it back together so half of the print goes out in opposite directions. I added a 1" black border of my own from honey bun strips to separate the panel from the wide border. It's ready to be pressed with starch then sandwiched. Because everything was pre-cut, it went together really fast.

I caught another mouse in the garage yest. With this fall weather they're starting to come in. Those glue boards work really well to catch the spiders, crickets, bugs, & the mice. Unfortunately, this mouse wasn't yet dead. I looked in the end of the glue board & saw his beady eyes looking up at me. It must have thrashed around quite a bit, because the board was a good 2 feet from where it had been placed. Well, I put it out of its misery, dropped the glue board in a plastic bag & dumped it in the garbage toter. Bye bye mouse.

Well, the timer went off. Time to do the bread. I hope everyone has a good week end.

KarenC
October 13th, 2017, 04:41 PM
Karen, what is a bishop dress? Sounds very interesting!

https://www.etsy.com/listing/237362333/ready-to-smock-bishop-dress-made-to?ref=listing-shop-header-0

Sorry, that's a long address. Don't know why I couldn't copy it as a link. Any way, it's the little girl's dress with the pleats all around the neckline for smocking. We all know how slow I am at handwork (yep, nothing else has been done on that Christmas stocking), but my sister agreed to do the smocking if I sewed the basic dress. So I get to sew one for my GD and one for her hopeful future GD, and she'll smock it for me. She love's the hand sewing/embroidery.