https://www.missouriquiltco.com/promo/gstar17legal
And all of the info and prize list

Swedish leo
October 1st, 2017, 03:38 AM
That made my day !

You just gotta love the Doans and MSQ !

Georgie Girl
October 1st, 2017, 05:02 AM
OMG how cute is that. If that doesn't make you smile nothing will. Couldn't sleep so I signed in and I'm laughing out loud all by myself in my sewing cave at 3 in the morning.

sew-what2015
October 1st, 2017, 07:22 AM
Oh my! I am pouting.
It's too bad it's only open to U.S. residents. I would love to have the chance for a trip to visit Jenny and family/friends. I am sure there are many people from outside the U.S. that order from there. I understand the reasons and know most buyers are from there but a promotion that is just for or includes buyers from outside U.S. would be great.

redcaboose1717
October 1st, 2017, 08:14 AM
Oh my! I am pouting.
It's too bad it's only open to U.S. residents. I would love to have the chance for a trip to visit Jenny and family/friends. I am sure there are many people from outside the U.S. that order from there. I understand the reasons and know most buyers are from there but a promotion that is just for or includes buyers from outside U.S. would be great.

Sorry you are disapointed, but it probably has to do with certain contest rules within the USA.....( although I am not sure if that's the reason )

BTW.....to those of you who haven't watch the video link above ( about the contest ) make sure you watch it, it's really cute ! I wonder who came up with this idea ( not the contest ) to make this video...it's so cute ! ( although I was looking forward to seeing Ruby Slippers not tennis shoes ! )

shermur
October 1st, 2017, 08:51 AM
I guess I won't be participating like I have in recent years. Money is quite tight since our move from Missouri to Vermont. DH is still looking for work and I am the only one bringing an income into the home.
We got a lot of unpacking done yesterday...very close to being done and there's just a few things left to find a place of belonging. Except....my sewing room. I so wanted to finish today, but.....
My step-daughter bought tickets several weeks ago for the family to take a fall foliage train ride here Vermont. I am grateful my step-daughter wants to have family time and enjoy each other's time together; I just wish she would ask before she includes us and making us feel obligated.
Goodness knows when I will finally get to sew/create. It has been since July since I have gotten to sew/create and I am at wit's end!

Connie Jo
October 1st, 2017, 09:11 AM
That is so cute. Someone spent a lot of time thinking and designing it. Love love love it

sew-what2015
October 1st, 2017, 10:22 AM
Sorry you are disapointed, but it probably has to do with certain contest rules within the USA.....( although I am not sure if that's the reason )

Yes...that is usually the case......the rules governing the contest are the reason and I guess, making the game available to outside residents would be complex if not impossible.

Carlie Wolf
October 1st, 2017, 10:30 AM
LOL adorable :-)

giig21
October 1st, 2017, 11:13 AM
I guess I won't be participating like I have in recent years. Money is quite tight since our move from Missouri to Vermont. DH is still looking for work and I am the only one bringing an income into the home.
We got a lot of unpacking done yesterday...very close to being done and there's just a few things left to find a place of belonging. Except....my sewing room. I so wanted to finish today, but.....
My step-daughter bought tickets several weeks ago for the family to take a fall foliage train ride here Vermont. I am grateful my step-daughter wants to have family time and enjoy each other's time together; I just wish she would ask before she includes us and making us feel obligated.
Goodness knows when I will finally get to sew/create. It has been since July since I have gotten to sew/create and I am at wit's end!

I may be wrong but think you can still get in on it by sending a ticket request by mail. Who knows that may be the lucky one !!!!!!!!!

KPH
October 1st, 2017, 11:34 AM

Sherri, I totally get what you're saying. We started in at the first of the year, packing up and moving to FL from NC. The sale of the house was at the end of May and moving in started in earnest in June. We are finally at a place where I can go into my sewing room and not cry (mainly because it so much smaller than my former sewing room, it was claustrophobic! It took a while to figure out a layout that would work. DH worked in the closet to make a place for my sewing machines and shelves for my fabric and threads. I'm finally getting some time to work!

You're getting there! It's a process and being around the family is important, but I still have to say no from time to time so I can get stuff done. Thankfully, the kids are learning to give us more that 15 minutes of notice for babysitting duty. Sometimes they have to be reminded! That ol' Whoops, we were on the way out the door, is the gentle reminder that we have lives too.

Lori63
October 1st, 2017, 12:43 PM
Oh my that was adorable!!!

Cokie
October 1st, 2017, 12:57 PM
That was so cute!! Does anyone know who the other characters were with Jenny? I loved that!

Mimi_Howard
October 1st, 2017, 02:02 PM
Play on Wizard of Oz... follow the yellow brick road... so in the movie it was the scarecrow, tin man and cowardly lion

CraftyBarb
October 1st, 2017, 03:26 PM
So anyone know what the envelope size is needed to send in a ticket request by mail. I know last time they stated what size was needed on the self addressed envelope. I did not see any size stated. Thanks.

CraftyBarb
October 1st, 2017, 06:55 PM
So anyone know what the envelope size is needed to send in a ticket request by mail. I know last time they stated what size was needed on the self addressed envelope. I did not see any size stated. Thanks.

I meant to ask "does anyone know".. Not sure why I started out with "so anyone know" sorry about that

Mimi_Howard
October 1st, 2017, 07:40 PM
When I read "so anyone know" my brain automatically translated it to be you were asking if anyone knew the envelope size. It was like conversing with a friend... and I use ya'll way too much too!

LLLinda
October 1st, 2017, 09:50 PM
I didn't see that as a problem at all. But then that is the way my mind runs too.

Cokie
October 1st, 2017, 09:53 PM
Play on Wizard of Oz... follow the yellow brick road... so in the movie it was the scarecrow, tin man and cowardly lion

Oh, I got that part...just wondered who portrayed the characters. I didn't ask my question very well.

The_Last_Unicorn
October 1st, 2017, 10:53 PM

I entered using regular sized envelopes last year. It worked just fine; they folded the ticket in half to fit. Greeting card sized envelopes would probably fit perfectly, if the tickets are the same size this year.

sherriequilts
October 2nd, 2017, 01:58 AM
I thought this years video was super fun and cute!! I even won a fat quarter bundle last year of Galaxy of the Guardians II .. I thought that’s cool I’ll use it for a charity quilt. Until my adult daughter saw it and said “mom! I love this movie” LOL who knew? Anyway, thanks Doan family .. I love the golden tickets!
Sherrie

redcaboose1717
October 2nd, 2017, 03:56 AM
Thankfully, the kids are learning to give us more that 15 minutes of notice for babysitting duty. Sometimes they have to be reminded! That ol' Whoops, we were on the way out the door, is the gentle reminder that we have lives too.[/QUOTE]

I wish I had had in-laws that would have babysat, even if I had to give them a week's notice ! When my DH Terry and I had our first child, a son, Jeremy Terry, my FIL told us in a very stern voice " Your mother and I are retired now, and we are not babysitters for any reason...period. There's rules that I am going to set, and they are going to remain in force."

WOW....I knew that my FIL could be a little nasty at times, but we didn't visit them that often, even though we lived 3 miles from them ( in our first apartment after we came home from a small town 30-35 miles from Frankfurt,Germany, where my husband was in the US Army. His entire 3 yrs ( except boot camp and AIT ) was spent in Germany. ( DH Terry only came home ONCE in those 3 yrs, to be best man in his only ( and older ) brother's wedding....( that's how we met, I was working part-time at KMart while trying to find a job as a new RN ).
When we were told not to assume my in-laws would baby-sit EVER, nor to ask, we didn't. I knew it hurt my MIL's feelings.....but I wasn't about to step over that line, ever. The relationship my in-laws had with their two sons during my almost 29 yrs of marriage to Terry ( prior to Terry's death) was really different....was almost like being with strangers whenever we all got together. ) My MIL would occasionally do things with her two sons and their families but only if my FIL wasn't home.

Anyway, your comment brought back memories when I was a new first-time mom.....and my difficult in-laws. To be sure, they had the right to refuse to baby-sit....I understood that. ( and no, I don't think you are like my in-laws were) .....My youngest sister was always bringing her children to my mom to baby-sit without asking first, and my mom had to set some boundaries with her. My mom was a wonderful grandparent......she loved each one of those grandkids like they were her "only " grandchild....and made them feel special when they were with my mom and dad. My mom had a lot of patience.....she had 12 grandchildren, and more than once she and my dad loaded up their motorhome and took ALL 12 grandkids to Disney World, The Grand Ol' Opry, Yellowstone National Park, Niagara Falls Canada.....etc. Some times both of my sisters and their DH went along on some of these trips, and other times my parents were by themselves when taking the 12 grandkids, and the first time she took them without one of us was when my youngest child was 2 1/2 yrs old !!! After a few years both my sisters and I, along with our families, purchased motorhomes and would travel with my parents when we could. Sometimes we would camp at local campgrounds and drive back and forth to work during the time we camped.

Having a sewing room after the kids moved out was a dream come true for me! At first, I moved all my sewing things "Downstairs" in the finished basement, there's a huge room down there that is used ( half of it ) for a photography studio...and the other half was my sewing room. Over the last year, I have decided to bring the sewing room BACK up stairs.....using the room that belonged to my youngest son. I am going to paint that room a soft, soft pink and I think I am going to trim it in a cream color......(???) Right now, I am sewing in the living room, in corner while I try to find the right "pink" color ! When the kids grew up, I didn't have a sewing room, and thought it was most important that the kids have a "play room" in our other house, dreaming of the day that they would fly the "coop" .....
So Katrina, I know how you feel......it will come all in good time for you! Promise. I have now changed my sewing room 3 times in 17 yrs.
I am also considering moving to Central Florida ( Polk County ).....I have really wanted to start spending my winters there. I know a few friends that have purchased mobile homes in some very nice parks and I am anxious to try to find something that's nice, I know that whatever place we find I am going to have to do some cleaning ( I am a big germ-a-phobe ) which I probably will hire someone to do, due to all the health issues I had this past fall etc.

Just keep plugging away Katrina ! Sooner or later you will get everything arranged the way you want it....but don't be surprised that you don't decide to change it all again once your finished ! :)