PDA

View Full Version : Daily Deals

gmapat
January 26th, 2012, 06:05 PM
I live in Oregon and even though I check my e-mail first thing in the morning (around 8:30 am), many times the daily deal is already sold out. Is it really fair for those of us in the later time zones to miss out on the daily deal? Is there any way you can reserve something for us?

Sewbee
January 26th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Hi gmapat! Welcome to the forums! :)

The Daily Deal is a very popular feature at MSQC and while the majority of the deals do not sell out, some items do! The new Daily Deal becomes available on the website each night at midnight CST. I tend to be a late night person so I try to check it right before I go to bed. I'm assuming that you would be able to see the Daily Deal on the website at 10pm PST each night in Oregon? You might try checking it then if you are still up at that time, otherwise it really is first come first serve until the reserved quantity runs out. I know it can be frustrating when you have your heart set on a specific item, but you never know when you might like the next deal even better! The majority of the time you will have no problem getting what you want, but it is true that "the early bird gets the worm" when the Daily Deal is especially popular or in short supply!

I hope you don't get give up on trying for the next deal you want. Meanwhile, feel free to introduce yourself and join in on all the fun discussions going on the forums here, quilt related or not!

pdjewelrylady1
January 27th, 2012, 01:56 AM
Today's DD is so stinkin CUTE!!! I would love to have a couple of those twirlly rolls! fun fun fun :D but alas i did not get on until afternoon and was already sold out...... good thing they have more in the shop ........ and.... there is always tomorrow! :D

Monique
January 27th, 2012, 09:02 AM
Today's DD is free shipping to the US. Sucks to be me today!! Boohoo!

Sharon G
January 28th, 2012, 04:33 AM
Same here Monique :(
I'm not complaining though because I know there will always be some 'good stuff' around the corner.

I am being sooooo good not buying any fabric or templates or...or...or anything at the moment but I still look every day. I check out all the forum bits n pieces and get more and more ideas. In fact I started on an idea today from lurking around in here so I must get back to my sewing room :)

toggpine
January 28th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Hey Gmapat,
USE the time to your advantage! They post the new daily deal at midnight central time. That is TWO hours ahead of you.
Yes, that means at 10 PM on Monday, you can see the daily deal for Tuesday.

Dae
March 13th, 2012, 05:55 PM
You ladies are so lucky to get a head start on the DD's! No wonder they sell out sometimes before I get to view the website.

GrammaBabs
March 13th, 2012, 06:12 PM
I do pretty good for a while... then BAM... the deals are just too good to pass up for about 3 in a row... DH thinks it's funny bringing home a package from the "box" everyday... i tell him it's a bargain, plus i save a ton on gas!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Slokarma
March 16th, 2012, 08:19 AM
O yes, the "I saved money by not using gas" excuse! Have to say I've used that one a time or two.

kelliedi
March 16th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Just so you know .... when I was up at MSQC the other day, I was talking to Jenny about DD's just so you know that they will not even post a DD unless they have at least 500 in stock. NO JOKE. Keep in mind we quilters are from all over the world and so I'm sure that there are 500 of us looking at DD daily.

Silverlining
March 17th, 2012, 09:51 PM
I live in North Carolina....so I have to stay up until 1:00 am to see the daily deal before it sells out. I have an idea. What about a waitlist order?? This way, I can add to my order for several days for other things that are on my wish list. The wait list order could be in for say... no more than 3 days. This way, we must commit to buying in that time period. In my case, I have been waiting for the template package (3 items) for the "Broken Spider Web" block to come in. It has been out of stock for awhile. MS Quilt Co works really hard to fill their orders and so I know it takes time to assembly this template package. Oh Well, just have to take my chances on the next morning to check the Deal of the Day. Their tutorials are just wonderful.

buckeyequilter
March 17th, 2012, 10:15 PM
I have to stay up until 1 am too, if I want to check it out when it's posted. It is usually still there when I get up the next morning - weekdays 5 am - week-ends whenever. I put stuff on my wishlist and then watch the daily deal until there is something I want and then place my order.

Silverlining
March 17th, 2012, 10:44 PM
What a relief that I am not the only one who has ever done that..(stayed up that late). I do have insomnia sometimes. What do you think about the idea of a waitlist order?? Be well. Thanks for the post.

Lisaau
March 17th, 2012, 11:26 PM
MSQC has said in the past its first in best dressed because they dont have the faciulities to store things untill youve completed an order

brook
March 18th, 2012, 02:48 AM
I'm in CA and to deal with the time zone issue I always check out the DD the day before at 10 pm. It changes at 12 so I get to see it when it first changes.

jackie1915
March 18th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Room to "hold" orders is an issue, as we simply do not have an area to keep them in. We have hundreds of customers who would like this option, but unfortunately we are unable to accommodate that request right now. Hopefully in the near future it could be a possibility! We are moving into a new building, as many of you know, and we are so excited, and busy, getting it ready for our big move. We appreciate your patience, and understanding regarding the "Daily Deal", and we will make sure everyone is aware if any changes are made with the program. Have a fantastic Sunday! It's beautiful here in Hamilton!!

qwerkyqwilter
March 27th, 2012, 03:57 PM
I'm lucky in that I live to the west of Missouri and am able to look at the DD at 10 PM. My question is; can I buy another charm pack, jelly roll or layer cake of the same pattern for the regular price? Usually one of any of those items is not enough to make much with.

Luvngrammy
March 27th, 2012, 04:30 PM
THe email should come earlier than 8:30 am..as I am on the east coast and that is when I get mine also..I dont like to order until I get my email to see what the other special offers are for the day or week as well. I think these emails need sent closer to when the daily deal goes live. JMO of course..but then I would be spending probably alot more than i already do! :)

K. McEuen
March 27th, 2012, 05:36 PM
I'm lucky in that I live to the west of Missouri and am able to look at the DD at 10 PM. My question is; can I buy another charm pack, jelly roll or layer cake of the same pattern for the regular price? Usually one of any of those items is not enough to make much with.

You can always buy another item or ten at the regular price, just not at the sale price. You have to find the item by it's real name, not what they call it in the daily deal. Often once you add the daily deal to your basket the regular priced item will appear below, in the area where they suggest items you might be interested in.

Shannon
March 27th, 2012, 09:47 PM
I guess I'm just lucky that I get up so early to go to work (4am). I'm in Washington state and have never had a daily deal sold out! The only exception is when I think about it all day and decide that I'm going to get the daily deal when I get home. Lol, that never works our for me, but I try it anyway!

AlohaSandy
March 30th, 2012, 11:48 PM
I know how you feel I live in Hawaii so you can forget the daily deals for me by the time I get up lol