PDA

View Full Version : Sleepy Sunday Morning Hellos

Blondie
January 22nd, 2012, 11:49 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/2012/sigs/186406872046287524_7phb5kzR_c.jpg

Good morning, afternoon and/or evening as your location may be. I am not even decent yet ~ A shabby but comfy old robe pulled on, even shabbier slippers on my cold tootsies, a yummy first cup of coffee on the desk before me, and a very sweet, lovable and warm Gracie on my lap. Ah, Sunday morning at it's best.

I woke up in the middle of night and couldn't get back to sleep for the L-o-n-g-est time, so the extra sleep is always good for me. Yesterday at work was okay; I was able to leave before the fireworks started. I am generally NOT there when they fuss - and they don't fuss in front of customers - it is just a very uncomfortable and painful situation. Just waiting to see what is going to happen next.

Today I will be over indulged once again in football. I told hubs it is a good thing I understand and enjoy football ! Since I have no horse in this race, I will just enjoy watching the games. My sis and her hubs will be sharing dinner with us - hopefully the guy will watch their game and sis and I can go to the downstairs studio and carry on with our chatter

Have a great Day!!

stitching woman
January 22nd, 2012, 12:20 PM
Good Morning Al,

Blondie have you been in my closet? We are definitely dress alike this morning.

Well it is rainy and cold here this morning. I was up late last night so am moving rather slow this morning. I need more coffee.

I have been working on hand quilting a baby quilt just the borders to go.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

cyndiofthevortex
January 22nd, 2012, 12:39 PM
Hi everyone,

Where are all of you? I am always near the end of the line but today, here I am right up front. In elementary school my last name started with a "B" plus I was the shortest girl in the class, so I was always first in line - great at the cafeteria, not so great for gym. I was such a scared, shy little girl I don't know how I lived through it!

But I'm not scared and shy anymore, so here I am and here I'll stay. Today is indeed a day full of football, expecially the Pats/Ravens game. Go Patriots! There will be mourning and gnashing of teeth if Tom Brady doesn't pull off another win. There is already the sweet smell of onions and peppers soaking in a pot of chili with the promise of cornbread to come.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, relaxing Sunday.

Cyndi

quiltingtrish
January 22nd, 2012, 01:15 PM
Happy Sunday everyone~~
I am home today - unusual for a Sunday. With the freezing rain coming in around 5 PM tonight and lasting until 10 tomorrow morning, my Dad has already been informed that his daughter is staying right here in her cozy little home. And, I TOLD him NOT to venture out on his own for dinner - that he has plenty of food in the fridge and cupboards to feed himself tonight. He usually listens.
I have been spending way too much time on the computer and need to set the timer. So, today - I am off for the rest of the day and heading to the sewing area. Too much to do and not using my time wisely. When it's my time to go, they will say 'look at all this beautiful fabric, too bad she didn't take the opportunity to use it herself'.

I hope you all have a great day and don't get the yuckies coming outside later tonight.

Hugs,

LynneLeavell
January 22nd, 2012, 01:18 PM
Good morning all. Had to get up at 3:30 this morning to have Hubs at the airport by 5:30. Needless to say he was at the airport by 4:30 and I was back home and back in bed by 5:30. So I too am moving slow this morning. Bout to go in the shower and then I'm going JoAnn's to get some border fabric for a quilt I am making and the will probably meet my daughter for lunch and then go to a baby shower for my niece and then hopefully come home and take a nap. Yes a nap.

It's kinda rainy hear and chilly. So every one have a great Sunday.

Lola2Ace
January 22nd, 2012, 01:24 PM
Blondie, my attire is close to yours, sweat pants and sweatshirt. I need to head to the shower soon as I feel I get more done that way, but the binding on the quilt is sweetly calling my name. I got the quilt trimmed down last evening, man it rattles my nerves to get started trimming, but once I start it gets a bit more comfortable. DD and Ace visited for dinner, so I didn't get the binding attached. I did get it auditioned and discovered I underestimated the length and had to add 3 more remnant pieces this a.m.
Once I get that attached I am going to start piecing Jenny's Christmas table runner. I want to have several of them done for gifts this year and hopefully 1 or 2 in the baskets for the craft show my cuz and I have done the past couple of years. I am trying to plan ahead!
Cyndi I am like you short and shy....but I too am leaving the shyness behind as I get older and standing up for myself more in the process.
I am planning on spending the whole day in the sewing room, not planning much for dinner as we have leftovers to use up.
Wishing blessings upon all of you!

debinmalaga
January 22nd, 2012, 01:33 PM
Good morning all! Having a low key Sunday, we aren't football watchers so avoiding the nasty weather outside with sewing for me, and a Law and Order marathon for Mike. I got the yummy daily deal last week, A St Remy de Provence Twice the Charm and 3 yards of the gorgeous black floral yardage. Doing a nine patch of log cabin squares, then a wide row of appliqued hearts and stars (got the idea from Jenny's applique tute with the little boy's sailboat quilt) then a wide row of the floral... should be really pretty, working on sashing the blocks this morning. Sew nice to pretend it's not gloomy, wet, icy, and slushy outside by hiding in my warm and cozy sewing room!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!

Sandy Navas
January 22nd, 2012, 01:33 PM
Good Morning EVERYONE!! Not in my shabbies - just my comfys! Slept in this morning and I'm just starting to feel awake. Love these lazy times though. Hubby got a call from the local PD and ran off to do some interpreting for them. So the house is quiet and I have had time to catch up on all the posts on the forum.

I think I can get some sewing done today. Funny how every time I think I'm about ready to do something for MOI that I think of something that I can do for someone else. Had an idea to make special labels for the quilts we are working on for Emily, Heaven, and Mr & Mrs DD!! So that's my agenda for today. I have all my blocks ready to send . . . I think. Yesterday I was struggling with one of the blocks and Al informed me that I just wasn't focused. How does one slow down a brain that is in run-away mode? I'm sure Meli would recommend a glass of wine but I can't sew that way.

Fixing chicken enchiladas for dinner this evening and my mouth is wanting some jalapenos right now!! Is it too early in the morning?

Sending special prayers, warm hugs, lots of encouragements, and love to all.

BTW in case anyone is interested, my Biorhythms are UP, UP, UP, and UP!!!

debinmalaga
January 22nd, 2012, 01:35 PM
What Trish said! I need to check in quickly and then move on to sewing, not lounge away the morning!

I have been spending way too much time on the computer and need to set the timer. So, today - I am off for the rest of the day and heading to the sewing area. Too much to do and not using my time wisely. When it's my time to go, they will say 'look at all this beautiful fabric, too bad she didn't take the opportunity to use it herself'.

Hugs,

Bubby
January 22nd, 2012, 01:41 PM
It appears to have been an epidemic of sleepless nights around here....I was up until 3:00 AM...tried to sew, but couldn't see well enough. When I'm really tired I don't see all that well. DH let me sleep in this morning and then got me up and treated me to a wonderful breakfast in bed.

Blondie, we have on matching outfits.....I have on my flannel jammies, a red scotty dog robe, pink and black striped socks and my hair is standing up straight on top of my head. Oh, don't forget my horn-rimmed glasses! All that's missing is a quilt wrapped around me and a pacifier...lol!

It's pretty cold here and very dreary. Our ice from yesterday is trying to hang on, but no snow in sight. Not sure what the day will bring...maybe a few loads of laundry once I get moving.

I hope everyone has a sunny day surrounded by loved one.....Take care....Hugs, Barb

HandsOffItsMine
January 22nd, 2012, 02:00 PM
Sleepless in Oahu...OMG the wind was howling on the 15th floor! I have bags under my eyes that Hawaiian Airlines would charge me double for!

I'm in my old leggings and tank top, standard issue, no Victoria Secret model here on the sofa. LOL

Finished the first quilt with echoing and now I'll be finishing up SITD on the second one today while Don watches the game.

No other plan but quilt, eat, peepee, hit repeat.

Prayers for all, enjoy the day all. Huggers, Ruby

ChristineB
January 22nd, 2012, 02:18 PM
I'm off to a pot luck lunch today at my husband's sister's house. Her three kids and spouses and two grand kids and my two kids and spouses and my granddaughter! It will be the first time we will all be together since all the kids started getting married and having babies! So! I was up relatively early putting the ingrediants together for the casserole I'm bringing (I chopped and sauted all the vegetables last night).
Oh, gtg, out ride is here!
Have a great day everyone!

MRoy
January 22nd, 2012, 02:29 PM
Good morning or afternoon depending on where you are. No sleeping in here, DH is ALWAYS up at 4:30 am and VERY noisy. But I slept it past 2:30 a.m. so that was a good night for me. Nothing going on here...We're not football fans and DH has taken control of the TV remote so it's action flicks until he nods off for his Sunday afternoon nap then it's my turn. I'm making a big pot of vegetable beef soup today so we'll have some quick suppers during the week.

Beakkmom
January 22nd, 2012, 05:21 PM
Happy Sunday all, it is well past morning here in Iowa. I was up and at it early, monitoring the weather before our 30 min drive to church. My jeep was covered in ice, so we took DH's car which was parked in the garage. He drove, thank goodness, I really don't like driving on ice! I put some chicken in the crock pot for tonight's dinner, smells great. I'm torn between reading and sewing - both give me such pleasure!

Prayers for Heaven and Emily, and peace to those of us who need the work place to be just that - the work place, with any drama left at the door before entering.

Blessings ladies,

Lin

debinmalaga
January 22nd, 2012, 05:21 PM
Okay, it's 3:18, is anyone else still in pj bottoms, slippers, a sweatshirt and bedhead? Mike is taking an easy, napping and tv watching day, so I'm joining him for an hour here and there, but mostly sewing. Normally we're industrious and accomplishing on the weekend, so this "bumming it" thing is NICE.

Got the applique shapes zigzag stitched down. Last night I made a perfect star, then ironed the fusible web to the wrong (that is, the right!) side of the fabric! As irritating as that was, it's nothing to how annoyed I was with myself when I did it a SECOND time later on. When I push it and stay up too late I'm often extra creative, but also tend to make silly mistakes.

Okay, that's my check in for the afternoon. Back to the sweet sounds of my sewing machine!

toggpine
January 22nd, 2012, 05:33 PM
Hi!
I had a late night and slept in a bit. Ran through a shower and made blueberry muffins for brunch. I am in the warm & comfy clothes today too. I have been putting off some computer work as it is so much more pleasurable to surf along the quilt blogs and poke around in the different threads. I am going to have to buckle down & get to it today.

Ruby,it's a good thing you aren't flying anywhere then! I have heard that Preparation H will shrink the "under-eye baggage". I vote for a nice nap though!

It is raining pretty steady, but we still have snow. The load came off the barn roof yesterday afternoon with a huge rumble, and the shop let loose about 11:30PM. There are some advantages to having a metal roof, but the snow-shedding feature can be dangerous to anybody too close to the eaves!
I think tomorrow will be a soup day.

Have a good day!
Cathy

Ginny B
January 22nd, 2012, 06:10 PM
Hi all. I had a pretty lazy morning too. Didn't get out of my scotty dog pj's until close to noon. Then dh persuaded me to go to Joann's to get the zipper I needed and while I was there I got some washable marking pencils. After we got back, I got the marinara sauce cooking and also put together a shepherd's pie for tomorrow's dinner. Sweet dh cleared off my car while I was doing that since I didn't go anywhere yesterday and didn't bother to clear it off. So now, I'm in some nice cozy sweats, sitting on the couch watching football and checking out the forum. I'll work on a UFO shortly. Trying to finish a fall tablerunner by the end of January and I'm pretty close. Have a wonderful Sunday afternoon/evening everyone.

Ginny B

Loonwatcher
January 22nd, 2012, 06:39 PM
Hi All,

Finally checking in. Didn't sleep in but didn't dress until I check come emails and did the bills. Then we were off to Wally World. When I got home I finished up my blocks for Emily & Heaven. They will be in tomorrow's mail. Also pieced the back for my Valentines table runner. I don't like an item to be restricted by a holiday so I've made the back with a few pinwheels scattered so you can use that side after Valentines day. Got it all sandwiched and then did a practice FMQ which was a big failure. I got so frustrated I gave up for today. I'm posting another thread seeking advice. Change the bed sheets and got into my jammies to just chill for the rest of the day.

DH will be making tacos tonight with venison burger.....might be toxic at our place later (venison and DH and DS are not a safe mix).

When at Walmart looked for a plastic drawer unit to start organizing my fabrics a bit but they did have any - can you believe that?!

DH found in the garage something he scrounged from a job site at a state office building. It's got a metal frame with 2 rows of colored plastic drawers and has casters. Looks cool - much better than the milk crates I've been using. Gotta love free stuff!

We aren't FB people usually but do watch the super bowl and are now watching the game to see if the Patriots make it. Go Pats!

Have a great evening,

HandsOffItsMine
January 22nd, 2012, 07:53 PM
Ruby,it's a good thing you aren't flying anywhere then! I have heard that Preparation H will shrink the "under-eye baggage". I vote for a nice nap though!

Cathy

:) Cathy...I love when my friends have tips on how to improve my looks! Normally Phyllis Diller sends me my beauty advise, but you beat her today. Off to CVS I go! LOL Love ya! Ruby

Lola2Ace
January 22nd, 2012, 08:08 PM
Glad to hear everybody is having a pretty good day. I hope those that had a sleepless night have been able to make up for it with an awesome nap! I showered and put on clean sweats, so I am still in the comfort zone. I got the binding on the friendship braid quilt, but haven't started hand stitching it because I got busy and just about have a Christmas table runner pieced. I would have it all done, but in my exuberance I stitched ALL of the side pieces on the wrong direction so I spent some time with my seam ripper. I didn't cook today, but DD just arrived home with takeout.....must remember to not cook more often! LOL

Sandy Navas
January 23rd, 2012, 12:17 AM

I have absolutely NO idea why RUBY is ALWAYS picking on ME!!!

brittyboo07
January 23rd, 2012, 12:21 AM
Evening everyone! Coundn't make it by this AM because I slept in and then had to get ready for my cousins baby shower today. It was a great baby shower! She loved the quilt.

We are watching football here now then I will be watching the weather closely we are expected to have sever weather tonight. Praying for a safe night for all.

We recieved bad news this afternoon before the baby shower... my cousin who has been in the hospital for several weeks has now developed a blood infection and is no longer eligible for a liver transplant. He has been moved to hospice. If you don't mind sending up a comforting prayer for him and his family.

No sewing for me today but hopefully I will be able to get back to it tomorrow.