PDA

View Full Version : PayPal and Amazon?????

pcbatiks
August 3rd, 2017, 01:28 AM
Am I losing it? I thought Amazon used PayPal. Well....... they don't. Very frustrating.

Amazon has pages and pages of complaints about them not having PayPal . Good grief!

Hulamoon
August 3rd, 2017, 01:35 AM
Did you see this?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/smallbusiness/angry-amazon-sellers-new-refund-policy-will-crush-small-businesses/ar-AApj8Po?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

bubba
August 3rd, 2017, 01:40 AM
PayPal and Amazon are competition to each other. However, MM told me you can use PayPal to buy a gift card then use it on Amazon!!

shirleyknot
August 3rd, 2017, 08:25 AM
I don't shop Amazon if I can avoid it. Don't care for their policies.

Lyndaj
August 3rd, 2017, 08:32 AM
Amazon has never taken Paypal. Wish they did.

grammaterry
August 3rd, 2017, 09:50 AM
Did you see this?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/smallbusiness/angry-amazon-sellers-new-refund-policy-will-crush-small-businesses/ar-AApj8Po?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

That's enough for me to look elsewhere for product

jjkaiser
August 3rd, 2017, 11:26 AM
I read this new policy and don't exactly understand what the big deal is, although I am a customer not a seller. I rarely return anything anywhere so to people like me I guess it won't matter.

bakermom
August 3rd, 2017, 12:49 PM
Use Amazon all the time. i buy (from grocery store for gas points)and load gift cards to my account- get money off my gas purchase and have funds to shop. Win-win

LLLinda
August 3rd, 2017, 03:16 PM
As I understand it Pay Pal and E Bay are connected, something like one owns the other. Since E Bay is in direct competition with Amazon, Amazon is not willing to give them any business through Pay Pal. I understand it but don't like it.

Iris Girl
August 3rd, 2017, 03:21 PM
Don't really see what the big deal is. I buy from amazon all the time and will continue to do so. Not a seller so maybe I am missing something. I also buy from ebay and etsy. I occasionally have sold on ebay.

bubba
August 3rd, 2017, 03:39 PM
As I understand it Pay Pal and E Bay are connected, something like one owns the other. Since E Bay is in direct competition with Amazon, Amazon is not willing to give them any business through Pay Pal. I understand it but don't like it.

Ebay was started by a woman who was buying/selling Pez dispensers. PayPal was started by her husband. At least this is what I was told. No clue if the same people still own them, but they were both very clever ideas.

Twice I have had problems with Amazon. It was not their fault. A seller posted three of one thing for sale, I bought it and only received one. I filed a claim. They said the posted wrong and did not have anymore to send. Amazon not only refunded my $, but I also was allowed to keep the product!

The second was just this past Amazon Day. I bought something that was too good to be true and it turned out to be a scam. I filed a claim and Amazon refunded my $ promptly.

Kgrammiecaz
August 3rd, 2017, 03:58 PM
I am an Amazon fan. I love shopping with them, for myself and to be able to send my parents items they may need. My girls use them as well. We have had returns over time and never have had an issue. Amazon has always responded well and none of us has ever lost any money. Something I ordered for my mom came to me - I called and said, no, the confirmation I have is for Jersey. They immediately resent the shipment to my mom overnight without waiting for the return from me. Of course, I sent it back asap.

Their customer service is top notch. And Prime truly pays off for me.

pcbatiks
August 3rd, 2017, 05:32 PM
We like amazon too. Maybe I was too tired last night but I sure thought they used PayPal. Anywhoooo......it looks like you can buy amazon gift cards through PayPal.