PDA

View Full Version : Happy Wednesday

Lyndaj
August 2nd, 2017, 08:31 AM
Thought I would get us started.

It's another sunny, hot day here. Is it fall yet? Yes, I said that as I despise humidity, and it frequently gives me headaches. Like yesterday when it took 2 Extra Strength Advil Liquigels to get rid of it.

At any rate, it's second tattoo day for me. For all of you naysayers, I am not defacing my body. I have thought long and hard about this and no, I will not regret it, as I haven't regretted the other one that I have had for 9 years. Lets do this!

I am having difficulties piecing together the I Spy quilt that I'm working on. My whole week has been derailed thanks to new siding being put on our house. We have one guy working and he's SLOW! My sewing room is upstairs and I lost yesterday because he was hammering outside the window. If I wasn't going out today, I would lose today too as he will be hammering on the wall next to my sewing room. I expect he's going to be here for the rest of the week. Sigh. At least once it's done, it's done.

Hope everybody has a great day.

Bubby
August 2nd, 2017, 08:34 AM
Hi Lynda...we were typing at the same time....lol!!

LauraP
August 2nd, 2017, 10:48 AM
What kind of tattoo are you getting? I don't have any but both my daughters have multiples. One daughter used to design them for a while.

Lyndaj
August 2nd, 2017, 10:57 AM
It is lyrics done in script.

toggpine
August 2nd, 2017, 11:47 AM
Best wishes on you new tattoo! Sis has several, and they are all very meaningful to her.

It's to be another hot one here with temps into the 90's today and into the 100's tomorrow.
We had a brush fire a few miles from us here on the farm, less than that as the crow flies. That is the only natural disaster we would have to evacuate for. With all of the animals I'd be looking at over an hour to set the hitch in the trailer and get them all loaded. Except that the trailer is still full of hay. Wanna guess what I'll be working on the next couple of days?

My In-Laws sent Em a neat school planner and some cash for her to buy her new school supplies for middle school. So, we went shopping yesterday. She did really well being cost conscious and had a bit left to splurge on an elephant-shaped tape dispenser for her desk. I picked up some supplies for the resource room and the reading room at the elementary. People forget that the "regular" class rooms get to put out supply lists, but the rooms where we send the kiddos who need extra help with reading and math skills don't. I couldn't complete their whole WishList, but I made a dent. Except I have to go back to Staples and have them price correct some things. The post-it type flags were supposed to be $2 on sale and they rang up as $5.80. I was in a hurry, as I still had a couple more stops to make, so I didn't check the receipt as closely as I should. Ugh. Another trip to town to fix that.
It could be worse, I now have an excuse to stop in and buy my interfacing since it is on sale at JoAnns!

I had better get things going if I want this done and back home before the heat really sets in.
Don't forget to share a smile and make someone's day!
Hugs, Cathy