PDA

View Full Version : I am missing all of you !

TMP
August 1st, 2017, 09:48 AM
Many thanks to all the wonderful people on this forum. You all are the best!

Yesterday was a week since DH was admitted to the hospital. We had bad news . After many test and scans they still have not found the primary source of the cancer, but they found out that it is in his lymph nodes all over his entire body. We begin radiation this morning for the cancer in the muscle tissue in his back. They believe this will help relieve some of his back pain. We have good days and bad days. He has digestive issues and that just makes him miserable. Chemo has been offered to him not sure what we will do. We are letting him make the decisions about his treatment. I am hanging in there because my main concern is that he is pain free and happy.

You hear so many bad things about the VA and maybe some are not so good I don't know, but let me just tell you the our VA has the most dedicated awesome teams of staff and doctors. They have gone that extra mile to make him comfortable and our entire family.

I miss all of you and looking at all of your beautiful creations.

Teresa

Star lover
August 1st, 2017, 10:05 AM
We miss you too. I'm still praying for you and your husband. I'm thankful you have some wonderful caregivers at the VA. You're right, you don't hear the good stories. Big hugs and love..... to you both!

GrammaBabs
August 1st, 2017, 10:49 AM
Thank you for letting us know that there are hospitals taking good care of our Vets..... It is encouraging!
My prayers are with you and your family.... This disease is so horrible and as I age it affects so many of our friends.... May God help him find peace and comfort in any way possible..Hugs, GB

seaturtle
August 1st, 2017, 11:33 AM
Thanks for checking in and updating us. You and your husband are in our thoughts and prayers. Happy to hear that you've had a good experience with the VA.

Midge
August 1st, 2017, 01:14 PM
Glad to hear you and your husband are happy and confident with his care. That makes a huge difference. Radiation treatment should definitely help his pain, and soon. Warm thoughts and hugs to you both.

sew-what2015
August 1st, 2017, 02:23 PM
Teresa....I have been praying for you and your DH and will continue to do so. I am glad you have a good medical team ...that counts for a lot.
Thanks for the update. Try to stay healthy yourself and enjoy the good days with your DH.

bubba
August 1st, 2017, 02:43 PM
I'm so glad he is getting the help he needs. My dad used the VA out here and got nothing but the best care. I used to take him to the large hospital up in Seattle once a week for water therapy, and even though he hated it at the beginning, he looked forward to it once he went a few times.

As I've heard often the past year, take care of yourself too!!

CraftyJnet
August 1st, 2017, 03:44 PM
We miss you too! Thank you for letting us know what is going on. You and he are in my prayers.

asta
August 1st, 2017, 05:03 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you as you take this journey together.

Sandy Navas
August 1st, 2017, 05:20 PM
We're keeping the prayers going! And, as Pat said, be sure you take care of yourself first and foremost. Do you have family close by who can step up and relieve you now and then?

sewbizzy
August 1st, 2017, 06:27 PM
Sending prayers for your dh and you...Hugs, Carol

mommadeb
August 1st, 2017, 07:21 PM
Many thoughts and prayers to you.

stationarymom
August 2nd, 2017, 12:11 AM
I'm so sorry to hear the news about your DH,I will keep you in my prayers.As the others have said be sure to take care of you ,you can not give from an empty tank.Hang in there.

GaGa
August 2nd, 2017, 01:04 AM
Continued prayers and good thoughts for both you and your husband during this difficult time.

Judy, USMC
August 2nd, 2017, 01:35 AM
My thoughts are with both of you. Sorry you got the bad news but happy to hear you have a caring health care team.