PDA

View Full Version : Forum on my IPAD help needed

BMP
July 29th, 2017, 10:19 PM
How do I get to the forums using my IPAD. I have a shortcut on my desktop that takes me to the forums page. I would like to access them on my IPAD but have no idea how to get here.. TIA

Star lover
July 29th, 2017, 11:00 PM
I'm no computer expert by any means....so, if I'm off, somebody correct me.
On M* web site, above the green banner on the left there's a tab that says community. Click (i.e. Touch). It goes to a page with tutorials, etc. touch the one that says forum on the green banner.
The forum should open.
Now at the top right of your iPad there's next to the address bar a box with an arrow pointing up. Touch it.... a drop down menu appears. Touch to save it to favorites, or as a bookmark, etc.
I know of no way of saving it on it's own icon on the desktop.
Hope this is what you needed and it helps.
If not....hope, there's someone out there that can.

jjkaiser
July 30th, 2017, 12:19 AM
I have a Kindle but I think the process is the same. Go to the website and tap on Community and that should being up the Forum. Then just save it as a bookmark. Also when you are on the Forum if you scroll all the way to the bottom on the left you will see Missouri Star "Forum Links,"in a box with a tiny little drop down triangle next to it. Click on triangle and choose use mobile site. The Forum will be much easier to read that way!! ( Also any time you want to edit a post you are making, you cannot do that in mobile view, only full site view) If you are reading a post that says see attached thumb nails at the end or someone posted pictures but you cannot see them, you have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page in the center and click "View Full Site" then you can see the photos. You will then have to reset your page to mobile view again. This sounds very complicated but only takes a couple seconds and is very simple. Hope it works for you.

toggpine
July 30th, 2017, 02:22 AM
On our iPad I opened a tab in the browser to M*. Clicked the links to get to the forum page, then closed the other tabs until just this one was left open.
I just tap the tab when I want to pop in.

I do have to refresh if I have been away for some time, or just tap a new segment and it will update.

Pandabear
July 30th, 2017, 11:08 AM
In the App use the menu bar to navigate to the forums.

Or open Safari, type in the URL for MSQC. Choose forums as you would on the computer. Save the tab so it open to the forums. You can also save it to your Reading List and it will show up under the little icon that looks like a pair of glasses when using Safari.

I visit MSQC so often that my ipad created an icon in Safari.

BMP
July 31st, 2017, 11:01 AM
Thanks everyone, I was able to create an icon on my Ipad ...
:)

Iolosdad
August 1st, 2017, 07:08 PM
I created a book mark by tapping the square with the arrow up and then add bookmark and M* as the name appears at the top of the safari page, If you have an iMac or MacBook all of your favourites can sync automatically