PDA

View Full Version : OK......does anyone on the forum live in Vermont?

shermur
July 28th, 2017, 09:00 PM
There maybe another move in our future?

:icon_shake::icon_crazy:

K. McEuen
July 28th, 2017, 09:02 PM
Snow!

I can't think of anyone offhand who is from there.

shirleyknot
July 28th, 2017, 10:01 PM
I'm so sorry....

wlrquilts
July 28th, 2017, 10:02 PM
I am, also Loonwatcher is.

Hulamoon
July 28th, 2017, 10:14 PM
I had a friend that was born there and lived on a syrup farm (or land) she ended up moving to Hawaii. I always wanted to travel there though, never going to the east coast.

songbird857
July 28th, 2017, 10:48 PM
Sherri,
I am not in Vermont, but depending upon where in Vermont, you might not be horribly far from me! (I'm about an hour from the border) Cyndi is in New Hampshire, and there are others of us in Massachusetts who might love a road trip ;)

pcbatiks
July 28th, 2017, 10:53 PM
Bailey65 (Fannie) lives in Maine. Don't know if that helps much.

JCY
July 29th, 2017, 12:04 AM
Beautiful fall colors are in your future. Also snow & cold weather.

shermur
July 29th, 2017, 01:20 AM
Well, since hubby was terminated from his job and I still am not employed full time....DH is thinking it might be an idea to live near his pharmacist daughter in Rutland, VT. I know there is a quilt guild in Rutland, plus the Vermont Modern Quilt guild is in Burlington.

So, there is very high hope that we can find work there and start fresh anew....again! I pray this is the last move! I would so enjoy to meet others who share my quilting passion!

I also have a classmate that lives in Salem, NH.

Hulamoon
July 29th, 2017, 01:26 AM
Being near family is a good reason!

dwil23
July 29th, 2017, 02:41 AM
Vermont is a beautiful place - especially in the fall. Wishing you all the best on whatever you decide.

Juliet Taylor
July 29th, 2017, 02:45 AM
I lived one year in Vermont something like 14 yrs ago and loved it. I hope you will love it too if you move :)

Bubby
July 29th, 2017, 06:56 AM
Wow, that seems so far away!! It's a gorgeous part of the US.

shirleyknot
July 29th, 2017, 08:32 AM
Family is good. Moving is NOT good.

mommiepainter
July 29th, 2017, 09:13 AM
I'm just across the river in New Hampshire. The seasons are beautiful and there are many great quilt shops. Keepsake Quilting is in Center Harbor and although it doesn't have a Jenny, the tent sale can't be missed! Also no sales tax in New Hampshire so more money for fabric. ��

shermur
July 29th, 2017, 09:27 AM
Family is good. Moving is NOT good.

Shirley....you are so right, sweetie! Just think,,,,we moved from the KC metro area in July 2014 to Fort Smith. By May 2015, we had to move everything again to another house in Fort Smith due to a Lease with option scam. Then, we moved from Fort Smith, AR to Springfield, MO in Dec 2016(second time because of Hubby's company).

I had such high hopes that since we would be near MY family members (Dad, sister, cousins), that we could get some kind of family bond and support. Well, that hasn't happened, sad to say!

Now, this will be the fourth move in a little over 3 years? I will miss the ladies I have bonded with in the little Modern Group from the quilt guild I joined here in Springfield, but I won't miss the town. Springfield has been very disappointing.....

shermur
July 29th, 2017, 09:30 AM
I'm just across the river in New Hampshire. The seasons are beautiful and there are many great quilt shops. Keepsake Quilting is in Center Harbor and although it doesn't have a Jenny, the tent sale can't be missed! Also no sales tax in New Hampshire so more money for fabric. ��

Janet! I had forgotten about Keepsake Quilting being in that area! I get emails from them all of the time!

I will admit, this move is really scary. I just hope we have jobs to go to and there will not be a repeat of the last three years......

shirleyknot
July 29th, 2017, 10:28 AM
I have moved so many times I lost track, from Oregon to Illinois to Iowa, Nebraska, back to Iowa, Arkansas several different places. Been on this farm for 15 years now, the longest I have ever been anywhere. I HATE moving! I hope its the last one you have to deal with.

Carlie Wolf
July 29th, 2017, 10:49 AM
Shermur, I had lived in Vermont from about 83 through 99. I loved it. I worked in Rutland and lived just South of there. Certain areas are art/crafts areas, others farming. I thought all were wonderful. I had come up from NJ shore. The cold didn't bother me at all since it was a dry cold unlike the damp cold where I was from. When they say Vermont is God's country I believe them.

KarenC
July 29th, 2017, 11:48 AM
Not from there, but for your sake, I hope it's a good move for your family.

SallyO'Sews
July 29th, 2017, 07:53 PM
Welp, I'm from the Hartford, CT, area, and I would be more than glad to meet for coffee and a visit to Keepsake Quilting sometime!

pcbatiks
July 29th, 2017, 10:26 PM
Sherri, wishing you and your family all the best with new move to Vermont. I hope it will bring good jobs and happiness to both of you. Just think, maybe you could meet up with Cyndiofthevortex at the Keepsake quilting sale!

dwil23
July 30th, 2017, 02:48 AM

I was just in NH last week for a wedding and even got to Keepsake Quilting. I didn't realize there was no sales tax in the state! I agree it is a beautiful area, but even more so in the fall. Even the Maine coast is a short drive away.