PDA

View Full Version : Senior Moment

Learner quilter
July 28th, 2017, 10:12 AM
You know you are on-line way too much when..... Flicking through a book of mug rugs and you touch a picture and nothing happens.

asta
July 28th, 2017, 10:14 AM
Hmmm, I guess you did not have a touch screen book, they didn't have any touch screen magazines at the dentist yesterday and I wanted to enlarge that picture!

Mimi_Howard
July 28th, 2017, 10:41 AM
Ah yes those senior moments.. at work our badges are used to open all the doors, have to flash and it scans and door unlocks.. I come home and flash my badge at my own front door, dang thing didn't open, well choot it needs a key! And then there is the self flushing toilets at work.. yep use my own at home and stand up and stare at it... come on flush... OMG what a nitwit I can be at times!

quiltsRfun
July 28th, 2017, 11:46 AM
You're listening to the radio in the car and want to pause or backup to hear it again. Oh wait, that only works on my DVR.

sew-what2015
July 28th, 2017, 11:57 AM
Thought I was the only one to do these things. I was getting worried that I had the beginnings of Alzheimer.
I always had my sugar/coffee etc. in a certain cabinet. I changed it over a month ago and still, sometimes, I go to the wrong cabinet.

Vonnie
July 28th, 2017, 11:58 AM
My computer mouse does not work on the TV! And scooting the remote around on the coffee table does nothing either!

shirleyknot
July 28th, 2017, 11:58 AM
I love my simple life! Far fewer mods con than most have, and fewer senior moments expecting things to work. :icon_cool:

EnumclawGramma
July 28th, 2017, 12:25 PM
Thanks all for the laugh out loud moment! I'm I. Great company!

Learner quilter
July 28th, 2017, 12:56 PM
Thought I was the only one to do these things. I was getting worried that I had the beginnings of Alzheimer.
I always had my sugar/coffee etc. in a certain cabinet. I changed it over a month ago and still, sometimes, I go to the wrong cabinet.
I do that at my Daughter's house, she change over 1 year ago.

Hulamoon
July 28th, 2017, 01:12 PM
You're listening to the radio in the car and want to pause or backup to hear it again. Oh wait, that only works on my DVR.

I think that all the time. lol Why doesn't someone invent that!

jjkaiser
July 28th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Holding my hands under the faucet in a public rest room waiting for the water to go on. But wait now I see those two little knobs there for turning the water on yourself. And how I hate those blower dryer things for your hands. I want paper towels

pcbatiks
July 28th, 2017, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the great laughs! I guess I will admit to touching the screen on our desk top computer occasionally........and same as the magazine...........nothing happens!

So tell me when you tapped the picture in the magazine.........did you look around to see anyone was watching!? :icon_rofl:

kaydee
July 28th, 2017, 05:30 PM
ha ha! I can so relate. My kitchen faucet turns on and off just by touching it (a feature I absolutely LOVE). I find myself touching other faucets trying to figure out why it won't turn on. Duh!

JCY
July 28th, 2017, 07:30 PM
This is so funny! I do know what a DVR is, but have never used one. We still use the converter box which we bought when TV went digital. Haven't had cable or satellite in the past 38 yrs. I do not have a tablet or an iphone, so haven't tried to touch any pics in the mags. yet. Yes, we are such creatures of habit.

Monique
July 28th, 2017, 07:38 PM
Thanks for the laughs, I can attest to some of these.

laura44
July 29th, 2017, 05:43 PM
I frantically searched for my keys this morning for over an hour.
Wanted to go to a "Fabric Hoarders" garage sale. When I reached the
point of tears I found them under my purse. ?????????

Georgie Girl
July 29th, 2017, 05:45 PM
I'm sorry my first reaction was laughter.