PDA

View Full Version : FRIDAY FRIDAY

Monique
July 28th, 2017, 07:33 AM
WOOHOO it's FRIDAY!! And it didn't come too soon for this gal.

It's FINISHED! I finally finished the hexie quilt. Now to trim off the excess and get it bound. You have no idea how much I wanted this one finished.

My day yesterday wasn't terribly busy BUT I did have to make a lot of phone calls to try and find a replacement for next week. My boss's grandmother isn't well and isn't expected to live very long. I would be thankful for some prayers that she passes peacefully, thank you. So the replacement is coming this afternoon for get the run down on how this post office is run. Hand over keys and passwords and such. I feel bad that I am not available for her but she understands.

This morning I ventured out to see if the raccoons had dug up more of the back yard and lo and behold!! to my surprise, there was a family of deer. One buck, two does, and twin fawns who still have their spots. I saw the twins the other day on my way home. What a beautiful site. And no the coons weren't back last night.

I am meeting with a friend today at lunch. Tomorrow we have a staff party, headed into Ottawa for supper, maybe an escape room and not sure of what else. It should be interesting. The 'manager' (and I use that loosely) had wanted ME to drive everyone because I don't drink much. Hubby told her "NO WAY" was I driving. Not fair that I can't have a drink or two or three or how ever many I want. Thank goodness, because there was no way I was going to drive anyways.

Sunday will be packing day. We leave early (8 am or so) Monday morning for Cooperstown. Thankfully the van got fixed yesterday and we were very lucky, the bearing was starting to seize up.

I probably won't be around most of next week so someone please take over the daily thread.

Wishing you all a great weekend and a marvelous week.

Lyndaj
July 28th, 2017, 08:11 AM
Another sunny day here. I was up again in the middle of the night and awake enough to put a long list of items in my Notes on my iphone. DH is up early, so am I. I have a feeling I'm going to need some coffee after I drink my tea.

Went to the Quilts of Valour group yesterday and I have my first quilt. I am not stressed about this at all, which is great. The more I spend time on Quentin the long arm, the more I am at peace. This isn't to say that I'm suddenly the stellar long arm quilter, I just know that stressing over it will not help.

At the group I met another new long armer and we connected. It was like I found my long lost sister or something. Going to connect with her again in the next couple of weeks. We have different knowledge and different machines. Looking forward to this.

DH's new wood lathe comes tomorrow and will require three guys to carry it downstairs. Need to do some tidying and then it's back to the I Spy quilt. It is turning out pretty well.

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend.

Ginny B
July 28th, 2017, 08:12 AM
Good morning. Yes, it is Friday! It has been such a crazy mixed up week so I was confused when I first opened my eyes this morning thinking it was Monday.

How exciting -- a trip to Cooperstown! Have a wonderful time Monique. Haven't been there in quite a few years. I will keep your boss's family in my prayers during this difficult time. Sure sounds like you have a busy time ahead of you. Have a wonderful time.

Have a good day all.

JCY
July 28th, 2017, 10:19 AM
Good Morning ~ I was surprised to see a cloudy morning. But I'm sure the sun will pop out later & it will end up being in the 90's like it did yest.

My dental appt. was yest. Ugh -- 2 more small cavities. I have a problem with dry mouth. Not sure if it's medication related, my diabetes, or what, but I've had more than my share of dental work the past 2 yrs. The dentist gave me another sample to try: XyliMelts. It's a tab. you attach to your gum & let is slowly dissolve to help moisten the mouth. Haven't tried it yet.

Today will be a run to the shoe store; the SAS shoes I ordered are in. Lady Bugs lunch at the Village Inn. Then a stop at the groc. store for salmon for DH. I get 2 large filets & cut them up into small 1-portion pieces & freeze them. DH eats this every day for lunch.

After a 2 day rest from FMQ, I quilted for ~45 min. after DH went to bed last eve. I was feeling more positive about it, & in looking over the quilt, I realize I really am making considerable progress. It's lookin' pretty good, actually. When I first started, it seemed daunting. I watched a couple of Leah Day's piecing videos: the tutorials for the Sixty Slice pattern and the Rainbow Star pattern. The Sixty Slice one has a modern look to it which features larger fabric pieces. She used fabrics from her Quilty Box. Both patterns used fat 8ths.

As I mentioned in another thread, the hawk visited our back yard again yest. p.m. & hung around for 40 min. at the bird water dish. It sat IN the water for quite a while & then splashed around & took a bath.

I hope everyone has a good week end.