PDA

View Full Version : Update on my aunt

Ginny B
July 27th, 2017, 10:25 PM
Aunt Terri came through the surgery ok. However, the doctor said he needed to do three bypasses but was only able to get one done. He said something about not being able to find enough clear veins to use. She wasn't really very awake when we saw her after the surgery but she did open her eyes and nod and acknowledge us.

The doctor didn't use very positive words in answer to some of my brother-in-laws' questions. He just said that he did the bypass on the most important one and with the other two he was out of options and that they were 80-100% blocked. That really upset her younger brother a lot (he is 81).

I'd ask for continued prayers for Aunt Terri's recovery and also for peace for her brothers. She is a feisty little lady (and I do mean little ... she makes me feel tall when I stand next to her and I'm only 4' 11") and I hope she has a positive outlook. I believe that her mindset will play a big part in her recovery.

cv quilter
July 27th, 2017, 10:46 PM
Sorry, Ginny. Wish the doctor could have given more positive feedback, and it sounds like he did what he could. Prayers for all of you, and especially for Aunt Terri.

stationarymom
July 28th, 2017, 01:07 AM
Prayers for your aunt and family for a speedy recovery and strength for the family.

Bubby
July 28th, 2017, 07:09 AM
I'm sorry to hear this, Ginny. Her mind set is definitely important. I will keep praying for your Auntie and also for peace for the family.

Monique
July 28th, 2017, 07:18 AM
I will add my prayers.

Star lover
July 28th, 2017, 07:22 AM
So thankful that they were able to fix the most important one on your aunt. I'll continue praying for her. It's wonderful she has a great attitude and is a fighter!

MissMay
July 28th, 2017, 12:59 PM
Adding my prayers for your Aunt and family, hopefully the bypass doc could do will help her regain some strength,