PDA

View Full Version : mm's latest appointment.....

bubba
July 27th, 2017, 01:32 AM
Saw the surgeon today. He was pleased with the progress. I got a little queasy when he removed the scab from mm's wound....it was the size of a large raisin! Anyway, mm had taken it off himself once, and I told him he probably should not be doing that, but it seems that he should have! It bled some, but they put a cauterizing liquid on it to make it stop.

Now the bad news. He has to stay on the feeding bags THREE MORE WEEKS!!! He wants him to be on them for six weeks from when the wound closed, which was the end of June. MM is not a happy camper. Since they made the bags larger, he has gained twelve pounds! He also was not happy about that, but the doctor was not bothered by it. Everything else was good.

So, feeding bags three more weeks and a MRI on the 11th....keep your fingers crossed!

GaGa
July 27th, 2017, 01:41 AM
All fingers (and toes) crossed!!

K. McEuen
July 27th, 2017, 02:15 AM
Gaining weight while not eating, go figure. Glad his body seems to be healing on its own.

Bouse
July 27th, 2017, 05:49 AM
Got everything crossed for you both. This has been a very long and winding road for you to travel.

Monique
July 27th, 2017, 06:31 AM
I guess better be safe than sorry. Although I can't imagine not eating for 6 weeks. I guess you would get used to it, wouldn't you? At least he is healing.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 27th, 2017, 06:33 AM
Sounds like cruel and inhuman treatment to me, but as long as it helps him heal up, guess it is good! Hope he can wrap his mind around this schedule.

Star lover
July 27th, 2017, 06:45 AM
So thankful everything is healing and going in the right direction. I'll continue to pray....and that NOTHING else sets y'all back!
Half way..... now you're on the downhill slide......better than starting over!

jjkaiser
July 27th, 2017, 11:46 AM
Sounds like everything is looking good and the doctor is not taking any shortcuts to hurry up the healing process. Three weeks will go by fast, you should do a backwards countdown calendar for him. At least this is not happening over Christmas when every event is centered around foods.

laura44
July 27th, 2017, 12:50 PM
Going in the right direction!!!

Grandma G
July 27th, 2017, 02:26 PM
Fingers crossed, prayers said and positive thoughts for you both.

bubba
July 27th, 2017, 03:43 PM
Gaining weight while not eating, go figure. Glad his body seems to be healing on its own.

The bags five days a week are filled with lipids, which I understand is basically fatty stuff. Two days a week the bags are clear. They are all injected with vitamins by him everyday.

kaydee
July 27th, 2017, 05:44 PM
Sounds encouraging!

Perhaps he could go for some walks to try and slow the weight gain. Is he up to that?

Navy Wife
July 27th, 2017, 06:53 PM
Hoping and praying for this to heal and MM to be back to normal again. Also praying for you, for patience and love. It isn't easy!

JaniceR
July 27th, 2017, 09:25 PM
I'm so sorry for him about the three more weeks but if it causes him to heal, I know it will all have been worth it in the long run. The "right now" is driving him crazy I'm sure. And about the weight gain, hasn't he lost a lot during this whole process, so hopefully the weight gain is not such a bad thing?

I'm happy to hear the surgeon is pleased. Things do sound better and hope they keep getting better and better!!

bubba
July 27th, 2017, 10:01 PM
I'm so sorry for him about the three more weeks but if it causes him to heal, I know it will all have been worth it in the long run. The "right now" is driving him crazy I'm sure. And about the weight gain, hasn't he lost a lot during this whole process, so hopefully the weight gain is not such a bad thing?

I'm happy to hear the surgeon is pleased. Things do sound better and hope they keep getting better and better!!

That is exactly what he said. If three more weeks will do the trick, it's better than another surgery.