PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday, oh Wednesday

Monique
July 26th, 2017, 07:41 AM
Good morning friends.

Well still trying to get the smell of gas out. I am just about at my whit's end with this. I bought more 'stuff' yesterday that I will try. I am taking the vacuum with me today. I will work at this at lunch time. I need to get it out by September before we go on vacation. I won't be sleeping in the van with it smelling like gas, that's for sure. Worse comes to worse, I will pull the carpet out.

I almost forgot yesterday that I had a pre-arranged lunch date. With a friend of my mother's. We had a great visit and a most wonderful lunch. Anything I don't have to prepare is wonderful.

Almost done with the 3rd border and just one more to go. THEN I will do the happy dance. 3 more days of work, I will be glad when it is over.

Well have a great day everyone.

Bubby
July 26th, 2017, 07:47 AM
Good Morning, Monique, and everyone who follows.

It's going to be unbelievably hot and humid today. I have to run to the license bureau first thing and then I should be able to spend the rest of the day in air-conditioned comfort.

There is very little going on here at the moment other than trying to keep cool. Maybe I will get inspired to get into the sewing room for a bit today.

Take care everyone....

Star lover
July 26th, 2017, 07:54 AM
Good morning Monique and everyone.....

Yesterday was gorgeous! Such beautiful weather we're having. It'll end tomorrow with rain.

Hope y'all have a great day. Hugs to all!

Iris Girl
July 26th, 2017, 08:09 AM
Morning all! Day off today...from work that is. Got a load of laundry on the line, potatoes and eggs cooked for potato salad. Banana bread is in the oven. Phew I feel wore out already. Time to find some food.

JCY
July 26th, 2017, 09:01 AM
Good Morning ~ It's cloudy here & promises to be a much cooler day, with a chance of showers. Welcome relief from the heat! It zoomed up to 100 deg. yest. In the afternoon, it clouded up & the temp. dropped to 80, so I took advantage of the cooler weather to spread fertilizer on the lawn. We had a few sprinkles, but not enough to do much. I ran the sprinkler system last night to soak in the fertilizer.

I'm making very slow progress on the FMQ. I broke a needle yest. After ripping out the same spot 3 times, I gave up for the day & did some practice FMQ on a FQ that was soooo much easier.

I gathered up a bunch of books to donate to the local hosp. annual sale. I have 3 boxes in my car to drop off tomorrow at the volunteer's office, when I'll be up on that end of town.

Well, DH is ready for his breakfast. I'll have to check back later.

Lyndaj
July 26th, 2017, 09:10 AM
Good morning peeps. It's a very sunny morning this morning.

First on the agenda, keep moving with the I Spy quilt I started. As I found out yesterday, not an easy quilt to piece as each I Spy piece is enclosed in a border on each side. Even with my shortcut, it's still taking a ton of time. I got three rows of 7 pieces done yesterday. Hoping I can get more done today.

I have exciting news. I am going to a meeting of the local Quilts of Valour group. I have offered my services as a long arm quilter and emphasized that I am NEW at this. Should be interesting. Inside I'm hoping that they have something to give me, but terrified at the same time.

Have a great day.

RockinLou
July 26th, 2017, 09:28 AM
Well, good morning from my patio with coffee in hand.... we will be going to a friend's house this morning to let the kids play and the moms visit. Other than that, I'll be sewing. I'm looking forward to a day with nothing much on the calendar.

I'll probably also clean a bathroom and scrub some floors that are overdue, but I'm not going to think about that right now ;)

Yesterday we went to lunch at Benihana, that was a first and the kids loved it! My daughter ate TWO steaks... they were from the kids menu and she is 8 1/2 so I decided we need to order from the adult portion for her next time!!

We also took the kids to the American Girl store, DS has the boy doll and loves playing with him and with his sisters dolls, so they had a blast. One of the dolls has crazy long curly hair and they did it at the salon, it amazed me! That hair has taken me HOURS to do before, they whipped through it in 15 minutes! I kind of wish I could get paid making kids smile and playing with their dolls ... but I have to go back to the classroom in a few weeks. Summer is going too fast, as always!

toggpine
July 26th, 2017, 01:24 PM
Yesterday, after farm chores here and letting the neighbor's chickens out and watering their garden I came in and took a swipe at making a reusable market bag.
I had some I bought from Bath & Body Works a number of years ago. They are shaped like plastic ones everyone is banning around here and come with a little strap with a snap for rolling them up to secure. When folded and rolled up they are about the size of a 35mm. film canister. They are great for dropping in my purse for random shopping.
Using the pieces from a couple of different patterns I made most of one yesterday from quilting cotton. I have to make the strap and attach it to the bottom seam and it should be finished. I will give it a test drive and see how it holds up. The original was made from a single layer of what looks like apparel lining. One of the patterns I poached pieces from calls for two layers of cotton fabric. Since I haven't had anything ever rip through the flimsier ones, I went with a single layer.

I have to take some friends to the airport this afternoon. I'm glad of the visit time, but the roadways are gonna suck. She needs to be at the airport by 5:30. Welcome to commute traffic H. It takes my husband 2 hours to get home from work and he works about 20 minutes closer to home than the airport.
Ugh. Maybe Emily and I will go to IKEA for a bit and let the traffic clear out while we wander around.

Now that I'm caffeinated, I'll walk down and let the neighbor chickens loose for the day.
Make it a good one out there Quilty friends!
Hugs, Cathy

LauraP
July 26th, 2017, 01:28 PM
Woke DH up at 4:00 this morning so we could go out to the hanger before it got so unbearably hot. It only took us 3 hours to get the gyrocopter on the trailer and ready to travel. By the time we were done the sun had come up and we were dripping wet. Good idea to do it in the cool instead of tonight at 5:00 when it would be so hot you couldn't breath.
Tomorrow we leave on a two week trip up by Ft. Wayne, IN for the gyrocopter convention. That's always fun cuz I have a couple of girlfriends I can hang with.
Oops!! DH just tried walking out of the house with his pants unzipped. Told him I was going to tie a string around it but he just laughed and told me it was a test of how close I was watching. Guess I passed so now I am going to bed. Night

K. McEuen
July 26th, 2017, 04:28 PM
Monique, some ideas to try here for your gasoline problem.

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf/Cars/Cleaning_Interior/Removing-Gasoline-from-Car-Carpet.html