shirleyknot
July 24th, 2017, 04:08 PM
Who is in charge of shipping? Couldn't find a bigger box? :lol:

Hulamoon
July 24th, 2017, 04:21 PM
That's funny. They could of least padded it with some batting. lol

shirleyknot
July 24th, 2017, 04:22 PM
All I got was that brown paper. I'll giggle all day over this.

Iris Girl
July 24th, 2017, 04:28 PM
Shipping for many companies just makes me shake my head and wonder. I ordered some siding cleaner for the house the other week. When it arrived the box could have easily held 10 bottles. There was a small 5 piece bubble wrap I am guessing was originally wrapped around the product. Well with all the bumping in delivery it must have kept hitting the handle of the product causing it to leak. By the time it arrived here the entire corner of the box was soaked about to bust open. The product seemed to not be leaking once cleaned up just some missing. I put in a complaint and got a refund and keep whats left in the bottle we are sorry. Worked for me that time.

kaydee
July 24th, 2017, 04:39 PM
Speaking of boxes, my son told me Amazon now has a program going where you can take an Amazon box, fill it with stuff you want to donate, go online and print out a free shipping label, slap it on the filled box, take the box to the post office which will then deliver it to Amazon. Amazon then sorts the items and donates it to places in need.

I love the program! When a box of stuff comes in the house, a box of stufff can go out of the house!

Hulamoon
July 24th, 2017, 04:47 PM
Speaking of boxes, my son told me Amazon now has a program going where you can take an Amazon box, fill it with stuff you want to donate, go online and print out a free shipping label, slap it on the filled box, take the box to the post office which will then deliver it to Amazon. Amazon then sorts the items and donates it to places in need.

I love the program! When a box of stuff comes in the house, a box of stufff can go out of the house!

Really!? Can you post a link for that. I really want to send this back

Iris Girl
July 24th, 2017, 05:19 PM
Lorie here is a link
https://www.amazon.com/p/feature/xde6cauvpfp66o2

Hulamoon
July 24th, 2017, 05:54 PM
Lorie here is a link
https://www.amazon.com/p/feature/xde6cauvpfp66o2

Thanks so much!

kaydee
July 24th, 2017, 06:40 PM
Iris Girl - Thanks for posting the link!

Lorie, as my son was telling me about the program, I immediately thought of you and your big box!

tamsterg7
July 24th, 2017, 06:49 PM
It is a big box for the order, but perhaps they were using what was on hand to get the order out timely - and since it still cost a flat $5 it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. I'm just happy when that box gets to me fast - I don't care what size it is!

kaydee
July 24th, 2017, 06:57 PM
Hey, Shirleyknot, I read the details, and you can use ANY box for that Amazon program, so you could use that big M* box if you have stuff you want to get rid of.

Also, apparently you can use UPS or USPS.

Love this program!

shirleyknot
July 24th, 2017, 07:11 PM
It is a big box for the order, but perhaps they were using what was on hand to get the order out timely - and since it still cost a flat $5 it doesn't seem like that big of a deal. I'm just happy when that box gets to me fast - I don't care what size it is!

Nope. Free shipping. I'm very patient, and wait. :D And really, I never said It was a big deal. I thought it was funny.

shirleyknot
July 24th, 2017, 07:13 PM
Hey, Shirleyknot, I read the details, and you can use ANY box for that Amazon program, so you could use that big M* box if you have stuff you want to get rid of.

Also, apparently you can use UPS or USPS.

Love this program!

Not interested. I donate my stuff locally to Goodwill and a thrift store that helps with school supplies. MY community first!

Angelia
July 24th, 2017, 07:33 PM
I got two packs of Insul-Bright (not from MSQC) in a big box carefully padded with sealed air packets. Must'nt bend the batting! :)

kaydee
July 24th, 2017, 08:18 PM
Shirley, it would be interesting to know where the packages get shipped to. I assumed they would stay rather local, but that was just an assumption. I would hope that Amazon would spread the donations fairly, but you're probably right that the smaller shop that donates school supplies might not be on their vendor list (like the large organizations such as Goodwill, the Vets, Salvation Army might be).

That being said, I used to donate everything to Goodwill, but they have increased their prices in my area rather dramatically. There is a Goodwill located across a parking lot from a WalMart near me, and the prices in WalMart are cheaper than the prices of many items in Goodwill (which I find particularly annoying b/c Goodwill's stuff is all donated to them). So I'll send my stuff to Amazon, and that way I won't know where it goes.

The place that donates school supplies is cool. If I knew of such a place, I'd definitely drop stuff off there.

shirleyknot
July 24th, 2017, 08:27 PM
We have the Goodwill, the thrift shop and Help and Hope, which helps the poorest of my neighbors with clothing and food.

Pandabear
July 24th, 2017, 08:57 PM
Someone took lessons from Amazon :)

Hulamoon
July 24th, 2017, 10:19 PM
Our Goodwill throws most donations in the trash bin. Parking is down an ally and the bin is right there.

shirleyknot
July 24th, 2017, 10:24 PM
I have never seen much in our local Goodwill trash. They have even sent people to my house to pick up stuff like furniture.

Bubby
July 25th, 2017, 07:33 AM
Go figure...!

Bubby
July 25th, 2017, 07:34 AM
I got two packs of Insul-Bright (not from MSQC) in a big box carefully padded with sealed air packets. Must'nt bend the batting! :)

LOL...that's a good one!!