PDA

View Full Version : Whirlwind of summer, all good though for a change

RockinLou
July 24th, 2017, 10:14 AM
This summer has been a whirlwind! We were in No/CT visiting my family for a week, then we came home to relax. Well, I have hosted four different guests and re-done half the house in the past three week and I m TIRED!

I even got to meet Cindy - sea turtle- from the forum here and never got around to posting about it!
I had friends from FL visiting, they wanted to see the zoo, my friend from Kazakhstan who has since moved to Charlotte came by, another friend from Kazakhstan who has moved to Phoenix stayed for 3 days with her adorable little do. My mom and my Aunt came this week for my daughter's first communion!

It has been so great to see everyone but it has also been great not to be the one hauling all over the country and opening the doors to people coming here. Our house is small but full of love and good fortune. <3

MissMay
July 24th, 2017, 10:22 AM
Your a good tired because of all the family and friends you and you family spent time with this summer.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 24th, 2017, 10:43 AM
Wish I had been able to connect with you while I was in Atlanta several weeks ago. We ended up with jam packed days of museum visits, so I wasn't even able to connect with Cindy, who lives right down the road! Give yourself a few days to relax, you have been so busy this summer!

toggpine
July 24th, 2017, 12:39 PM
That sounds like a good kind of busy!

Andrea F
July 25th, 2017, 03:03 AM
It sounds like you were really busy. I am happy for you that everybody came to see you this time. I remember how exhausted you were last time from touring the country to visit your family. I hope you still get to enjoy some more time at home and relax.

Monique
July 25th, 2017, 06:50 AM
Glad it has been good for you.

RockinLou
July 25th, 2017, 09:36 AM
It sounds like you were really busy. I am happy for you that everybody came to see you this time. I remember how exhausted you were last time from touring the country to visit your family. I hope you still get to enjoy some more time at home and relax.

Yes! We've also had catastrophic summers... a burst pipe and full home renovation... DH had a heart attack last summer. This year, so far, nothing unmanageable or stressful has happened and we have two full weeks here to relax and enjoy the fruits of our labor.

RockinLou
July 25th, 2017, 09:37 AM
The kids are playing nicely, both will sit and read for an hour at a time.. all is good in our little place...

RockinLou
July 25th, 2017, 09:39 AM
Wish I had been able to connect with you while I was in Atlanta several weeks ago. We ended up with jam packed days of museum visits, so I wasn't even able to connect with Cindy, who lives right down the road! Give yourself a few days to relax, you have been so busy this summer!

I actually think we only overlapped by a day, because you were here while I was in NJ, if I recall!

I did have coffee with Cindy recently, it was great to meet a forum friend!

songbird857
July 25th, 2017, 12:19 PM
That's a good, 'worth it', kind of tired ;)

jjkaiser
July 25th, 2017, 12:35 PM
Yep, been there. It's funny how sometimes it feels just as good to say goodbye to people as it is to say hello. Having company is wonderful but exhausting, all that extra cooking and cleaning and running around.