PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Night Owling @,@

kimsophia
July 23rd, 2017, 02:23 AM
I've sewed all the seams I pinned last night then sewed the halves together. I need to square up the blocks before adding a side sashing but I might need more coffee to do that accurately. I swear I had two bad rotary blades in a row straight out of the package, then the third one was sharp! Not sure what I did wrong (if anything).

Give a hoot if you're awake! :)

toggpine
July 23rd, 2017, 03:39 AM
We got the barn cleaned today. The kids were let out to play in the big field.

It got too hot to do much else, so hubby and I grabbed a cold drink and sat in the yard swing. I think we each dozed off. It was kind of nice.
We call have fresh sheets on the beds. Now if the temperature would drop some, then we could probably sleep.

I will work on my sister's fabric box for a little bit, then head off to bed.

Judy, USMC
July 24th, 2017, 05:20 AM
It's 4:15am Monday (local) and I missed y'all this weekend because I was in the ER and ICU with Steve. Evidently the lung biopsy did some damage and after drawing off 2 liters of fluid 10 days ago they had to get another 3.2 off. They are monitoring him and have a tube in to drain it as it builds up. So you may not hear from me for a few days ....

Andrea F
July 24th, 2017, 05:56 AM
Good morning, night owls! I am back!

It's already 10:30 here, I went to bed at 4 am this morning and just crawled out of bed. I'm doing home office today but only a few hours. I have finally time to sew again. After I got the house back in order which has been pretty much neglected in the past few weeks.
My (much younger) bff had her baby girl four weeks ago and I am going to sew her a baby quilt and a few clothes. l already made her a onsie and it turned out so cute.
My other very dear friend got married a few weeks ago after being together with her hubby for 24 years and we 'gave' them a quilt for their wedding which is currently still a jelly roll and needs to be transformed in said quilt.

The temperature has dropped yesterday already and it's raining and the forecast says it will be raining all week. We were very lucky on Saturday. We had a garden grill party and it was dry and sunny.

Judy, please tell Steve we are thinking of him and hope he feels better squickly. I am so sorry that he continues to have health problems.

toggpine
July 24th, 2017, 12:54 PM
Yikes Judy! That does NOT sound like the kind of results one would want or expect. I hope he heals up soon from this. Take care of yourself too.

Welcome back Andrea! It sounds like you have some projects in the sewing room to look forward to.

It was a busy day outside for us. The clouds hung in longer, although it was still hot.
We shifted animals around to different pastures. The youngest crop of kids was let out into the nursery pen. They ran and bounced all evening. (They have to stay inside the barn until they get too big/fast to make an easy snack for the area eagles. We haven't lost one yet, but they were eyeing the kid pasture from the tree line and we're making the livestock dog nuts.)
Another stall to clean out so those kids would have a fresh bed.
Some weeding and repair of the bird netting over the blueberries. Those danged robins stripped one of the bushes. Grrr. We harvested some red potatoes, carrots, and zucchini from the garden, and they were tasty!
Night milk chores and a shower rounded out the day and didn't leave much juice for sewing or night owling of any kind. Here is to hoping that today is a little easier!