PDA

View Full Version : Another Amazon Prime ?

Hulamoon
July 18th, 2017, 07:15 PM
I ordered 9 items on Prime day 7/10 and 7/11 and only got one delivered. The rest haven't even shipped yet. So why is it worth it?

kimsophia
July 18th, 2017, 07:26 PM
It's worth it to us as we buy from them often through the whole year and don't ever pay shipping...sorry you are unhappy...maybe in Hawaii it takes longer?

Hulamoon
July 18th, 2017, 07:33 PM
But not even shipping after eight days has nothing to do with a state.

kaydee
July 18th, 2017, 07:44 PM
Are you sure all those other items were Prime items? If so, call Amazon and complain.

kimsophia
July 18th, 2017, 07:59 PM
I found a lot of online complaints here: https://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=1&cdSort=newest&cdThread=TxRL845C8PT6SM

Hulamoon
July 18th, 2017, 08:18 PM
I found a lot of online complaints here: https://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=1&cdSort=newest&cdThread=TxRL845C8PT6SM

Very interesting, thanks for finding that for me. This didn't happen before I joined prime.This isn't a great service for Hawaii and Alaska after reading just the first page which was just within the last couple of months. If I need a gift and won't get it for weeks I'm not sure it's worth it. I'll have to think about this some more.

toggpine
July 18th, 2017, 10:35 PM
I kind of figure Prime Day is like ordering stuff on Black Friday. I received a great deal and just hope it shows up before Christmas!

I do agree if they said two days, then two days, or compensate you. I chose the "no hurry shipping" option and received a $5 credit for a future order, so I can't speak to the timeliness of the delivery. I did receive all but one of my items already. The final one will be delivered tomorrow.

I hope you can get this resolved.

auntiemern
July 18th, 2017, 10:48 PM
Not all orders are fulfilled by Amazon, even if they are Prime. Make sure you read the dates of expected delivery. Not everything is 2 day shipping.

Hulamoon
July 18th, 2017, 11:20 PM
They were all 'Fulfilled by Amazon' orders. Nine days going on ten and even more being shipped is horrible service.

seaturtle
July 18th, 2017, 11:45 PM
Lorie, sometimes I have ordered things that are 'fulfilled by Amazon' but not prime. I'm not sure what your items were, but you could check them again. If they were prime, I would definitely contact them to let them know your disappointment. I think they have a char feature or email. I know I have contacted them in the past and they were quick to respond. Hope you get this resolved quickly.

Lyndaj
July 19th, 2017, 09:40 AM
Likely a silly question, but are you sure that you ordered all Prime Day deals? I ordered four things that day and three came the next day. The fourth, was not a Prime Day deal and arrived yesterday.

liz72703
July 19th, 2017, 11:32 AM
I ordered 9 items on Prime day 7/10 and 7/11 and only got one delivered. The rest haven't even shipped yet. So why is it worth it?

Lorie, if you are sure they were prime items you can get a free month of Prime membership added to your subscription if they miss the 2 day shipping.

It doesn't happen very often but it has happened to me a few times when they sell large volumes like Prime Day and Black Friday. One thing you need to be mindful of is when you check out there is sometimes a checkbox that says "Ship my items as they become available" IF your order contains other items that are not Prime items.

If they were all prime items you can call them and tell them you want your free month of Prime or I usually just do the online chat. I just tell them they missed their 2 day shipping and I want my free month. Have your order number ready.

You can also go to this link, select "Your Orders" and follow the prompts.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=footer_gw_m_b_he?ie=UTF8&nodeId=508510

This is the link that details the delivery guarantee.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201117450

Hulamoon
July 19th, 2017, 01:54 PM
Likely a silly question, but are you sure that you ordered all Prime Day deals? I ordered four things that day and three came the next day. The fourth, was not a Prime Day deal and arrived yesterday.

Yea they all were.

I got an email this morning that seven items were shipped and all coming in the same box. Never once in all my years of buying there did they do this. On that complaint link this is what Hawaii and Alaska were upset about. Amazon is holding orders back to consolidate. It's not just on the Prime day.