PDA

View Full Version : Stitchin' Night Owl

kimsophia
July 18th, 2017, 01:32 AM
Hoot hoot, who's awake? I'm putting together columns to make rows on the Floating Hexagon quilt...Getting four seams matched at the cornerstones is the goal. I don't have the seams ironed in the correct directions a lot so I have to re-iron them...or restitch the areas where I sewed less than a quarter inch seam...but its working out well enough so far. What's your news?

Judy, USMC
July 18th, 2017, 01:54 AM
Gathering names & addresses so I can send sample strips to retreat members interested in playing the Trader's Game. We're playing with 2 1/2in strips so I've renamed it the Strip Game. In one day 7 signed up and I'm sure there will be more to come. So I'll be making a trip to the Post Office later this week.

Getting really tired of the daily rains ... and the television alerts for flood warnings. Those TV alerts are really loud and annoying. I swear they buzz for a full minute. Been so wet we can't mow and the grass will soon need harvesting rather than mowing.

Hope the weather is nicer to the rest of you owls.....

Simply Quilting
July 18th, 2017, 03:06 AM
Judy, I wish you could send some of that rain back this way. We are in a heat wave and the water from the previous flood is gone so the land once again is very dry.

I am currently sitting up with a little boy who is trying to get his fourth tooth in and who is also waking himself up as his is getting up on his toes and trying to move. He has been crawling for a while and pulling himself up. At the rate he is going, he might be running by the time the Fall Forum Retreat gets here.

Have a hoot of a night everyone :)