PDA

View Full Version : Huge Flowers

Bubby
July 17th, 2017, 10:30 AM
I have been wanting to post a picture of our Hardy Hibiscus flowers and this morning I finally took some pictures.

Around here these are called "Paper Plates" because the blooms are as large as a paper plate. They come back every year and these are only 2 years old. Jeff accidently sprayed them with herbicide last year and killed them but they came back to life this year. The color of ours is Cranberry Crush but they also come is some gorgeous pink shades if you are lucky enough to find them. To say that they are hardy is an understatement. I think they should be called Lazarus flowers because of them being killed and coming back to life.

Thank you for looking.

grammaterry
July 17th, 2017, 10:44 AM
I have one I thought was dead and last year it bloomed, 300 yards from where I planted it!

Angelia
July 17th, 2017, 10:54 AM
Those always remind me of the tissue paper flowers we made when I was a kid--beautiful color!

Cokie
July 17th, 2017, 11:46 AM
Beautiful color...and so big!

GrammaBabs
July 17th, 2017, 12:26 PM
So beautiful!!! The beauty of God's creations never ceases to amaze me:))

Sandy Navas
July 17th, 2017, 01:07 PM
My sister has some white ones. When I first saw them I accused her of putting plastic flowers in her garden (she has 16 green thumbs). Gorgeous.

Snip Snip
July 17th, 2017, 01:17 PM
I love those but for some reason found them hard to grow. First, I had them in a place where the wind broke the stems off at the base. So I moved the plants to a protected nook. Then the white flies found them, and returned several years in a row. White flies are a bear to get rid of! I finally gave the plants to my son and they are doing great for him.

quiltingaway
July 17th, 2017, 03:44 PM
What gorgeous flowers! I love that color.

pcbatiks
July 17th, 2017, 04:03 PM
Those are gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

alliek
July 17th, 2017, 05:40 PM
Just Beautiful, flowers lift your spirits. I never get tired of looking at mine on my deck and yard. The butterflies and hummers love them too.

Sharyn J
July 17th, 2017, 05:50 PM
I have been wanting to post a picture of our Hardy Hibiscus flowers and this morning I finally took some pictures.

Around here these are called "Paper Plates" because the blooms are as large as a paper plate. They come back every year and these are only 2 years old. Jeff accidently sprayed them with herbicide last year and killed them but they came back to life this year. The color of ours is Cranberry Crush but they also come is some gorgeous pink shades if you are lucky enough to find them. To say that they are hardy is an understatement. I think they should be called Lazarus flowers because of them being killed and coming back to life.

Thank you for looking.

Barb, these are the ones we have near the bird houses. The colors are mid and deep pink. They have buds but not bloomed yet. They're so gorgeous. Yours are beautiful. I can't wait for ours to bloom.

sewbizzy
July 17th, 2017, 10:01 PM
So pretty!! it's amazing how they survive...

Ginny B
July 17th, 2017, 10:48 PM
Beautiful!!

Monique
July 18th, 2017, 07:41 AM
I have one burgundy but it won't bloom until September around here. I also have a white one that got cross pollenated.

Bouse
July 18th, 2017, 10:43 AM
They are beautiful. So big but so delicate looking.