PDA

View Full Version : DH

TMP
July 17th, 2017, 01:11 AM
I am beside myself with worry. I haven't said much about this but we have found out my DH has cancer. I don't know if but I told yall he was having back pain and wouldn't stop working in the yard and doing other things. After scans and biopsies they found several cancer spots in a muscle in his back , in fact several one as large as a golf ball. We have waited and waited for them to do other test to locate the primary source of the cancer and they can not find it. All this was with a private doctor. Tomorrow we are going to the VA here. He has a good relationship with his primary care doctor and I am hoping he can lead us in the right direction. He is not eating and he seems to be going down hill.
I love this man with all my heart, he is all I know. I met him when I was 18 years old and we have been married 43 years. I am sorry to burden ya'll with this but this is tearing me apart . Thank you for listening

Anitamae56
July 17th, 2017, 01:23 AM
I know you are having a very bad time, I know it is hard right now, but have hope and belief that everything will be fine. I do know what u are going thru. And my thoughts are truly thinking of you. It is best vent to it because you will need to be strong for him, so come here and let everyone help u thru this very difficult time.

Mimi_Howard
July 17th, 2017, 01:34 AM
Please don't hesitate to vent here. I can relate to what you are going through. Sending big hugs to you!

Julie A
July 17th, 2017, 02:20 AM
I am so sorry you both are going thru this. You and your DH will be in my prayers.

bubba
July 17th, 2017, 03:15 AM
Take it from me.....this is the place where you will find all sorts of people to back you up. MM and I have been going thru his cancer and treatment almost a year now and everyone, and I mean EVERYONE has been a fantastic source of support to me. It's a hard thing, but you will make it thru this. I'm hoping we are at the end of the dark tunnel, because I truly believe I can smell fresh air and see the light!

Best of luck!

Georgie Girl
July 17th, 2017, 05:24 AM
I wish I had the right words to comfort you and take away the pain you are feeling but I don't. But know we are here for you anytime you need to talk. I will pray for you and your DH to have the strength to fight this .

Bubby
July 17th, 2017, 05:32 AM
I will be praying for you and your DH. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this. It's not an easy journey but you will find lots of support here. (((HUGS)))

sew-what2015
July 17th, 2017, 06:43 AM
You and your DH will be in my nightly prayers.

Iris Girl
July 17th, 2017, 06:47 AM
Keeping you both in my thoughts.

Monique
July 17th, 2017, 07:35 AM
So sorry you are going through this. You will definitely get lots of support here.

Equilady
July 17th, 2017, 07:38 AM
So sorry for this news. I hope the doctors find a winning solution so things can get back to normal. I live in North Alabama. If you need something maybe I can help.
Take care,
Susan

Granny Fran
July 17th, 2017, 07:59 AM
Loving thoughts and prayers to help you on this journey. I know first hand how frightening this can be.

Sandy Navas
July 17th, 2017, 08:14 AM
Sending prayers and comforting hugs. Come cry when you need to and we'll be here to walk you through!

Star lover
July 17th, 2017, 09:30 AM
My heart aches for you and your DH. I'll keep you both in my prayers. Come here as often as you need/want to....we're here. Love and hugs.

pcbatiks
July 17th, 2017, 10:06 AM
I will be adding my prayers too. So sorry that you & DH are facing this. We will be here went you need to vent.

grammaterry
July 17th, 2017, 10:22 AM
May God bless and keep you throughout this dreadful trial. Your forum friends are praying in Mass .

Simply Quilting
July 17th, 2017, 10:30 AM
I am so sorry. Hugs and prayers for you and your dh.

asta
July 17th, 2017, 11:15 AM
So very sorry, will be keeping you and DH in my thoughts and prayers.

JaniceR
July 17th, 2017, 11:27 AM
I am so sorry you and your DH are going through this. I will keep you both in my prayers, healing for your husband and strength for both of you.

Cokie
July 17th, 2017, 11:40 AM
I'm so sorry for your frightening news. Saying a prayer and sending a hug!

Carolnnc
July 17th, 2017, 12:27 PM
Sending prays and hugs for you both.

LauraP
July 17th, 2017, 01:07 PM
Don't feel like you are imposing. I don't know of anyone who hasn't had some cancer in their friends or family somewhere. We are here for whatever you need, but you have to let us know. If you need someone to come clean your house I'll bet one of us could make it happen. I have very broad shoulders and they need watered every once in a while so come cry on me. And don't forget, it's alright to get mad and yell at God. Even Jesus did it when he was on the cross. That was one of the best lessons I learned when going through cancer with my Dad.

RiverMomm
July 17th, 2017, 02:06 PM
I'm so sorry you and DH are going through this. (((hugs)))), prayers and positive thoughts being sent your way. Take this one day at a time. And please, feel free to come here for support or to vent.

pjyoder414@yahoo.com
July 17th, 2017, 02:40 PM
My prayers go out to you and your husband.

jjkaiser
July 17th, 2017, 03:06 PM
I am so sorry you are going through this and I understand how scary this is. Plus the waiting for diagnosis and test results can really drive you crazy. I truly believe there is a LOT of hope, so just hang in there. My dh was diagnosed with non Hodgkins lymphoma last August and after chemo is doing very well. I still worry about the outcome of every PET and cat scan, you can't help to worry a little bit but it is getting easier.

People on the Forum have been wonderfully supportive. If I can give you one piece of advice it would be DO NOT go online and look up cancer. It will just confuse and terrify you and much of the info you find will not be relevant anyway since every cancer is different. Better to write down all your questions and ask the oncologist, there is no question too dumb and nothing they have not been asked before. Our thoughts are with you and your dh. Please come here any time you need to. We will be here for you.

Henstax
July 17th, 2017, 03:39 PM
Will be adding my prayers for you and your husband.

MSN
July 17th, 2017, 05:56 PM
TMP, I am an oncology nurse at a VA hospital. Please feel free to PM me at any time. As others have said, this forum is a great place to come to when you need support or just to vent.

Please take care of yourself so you can be there for your DH.

Julie A
July 17th, 2017, 08:28 PM
Again so very sorry you and your DH are having to go thru this. One thing I meant to say this morning: be careful about looking at the statistics on cancer. My mother's oncologist reminded us at the start of treatment that those numbers are based on 20 years or more of data, but the chemo dugs and the supportive medications the enable patients to stay on the whole course of treatment - well, they didn't even exist 5 years ago.... So those numbers will never be as positive as today's reality. Also, he reminded us there there isn't any cancer - NONE - the has 100% mortality rate. Even the most awful type and stage has seen people beat it!

Reach out for support in any way you need it. Little things and big things. A shoulder to cry on, errands that you need, a meal you don't have to cook and clean up after, or just someone listening in while you nap. The gift you give others by allowing them to help you will be one of the best gifts you ever give (yes, taking someone's help is actually giving them a gift too).

Thoughts and prayers are with you. God bless you.

KPH
July 17th, 2017, 09:23 PM
Praying for you and your DH. May the Lord's peace and blessings surround you.

Ginny B
July 17th, 2017, 09:31 PM
Prayers for you and your dh and also the medical community you will be dealing with. Take care of yourself. You will find lots of support here.

sewbizzy
July 17th, 2017, 09:55 PM
So sorry to hear this...I will include him and you in my prayers....

cv quilter
July 17th, 2017, 10:43 PM
There are so many of us here who understand your fear and empathize with you...believe in the power of prayer. I know lots of us are sending them up. Sometimes the stormiest/darkest days bring the brightest rainbows. Just letting you know I am thinking of you and keeping the most positive thoughts I can.

KarenC
July 18th, 2017, 12:26 AM
So sorry you are having to deal with this. I'll keep you and DH in my thoughts and prayers. I can't say I know what you're going through, but definitely hope the best for you both.

Judy, USMC
July 18th, 2017, 03:16 AM
There are a few of us here who have gone or are going through the same thing. Health problems are the most world shattering things that can happen to a family. Getting the initial news can be depressing, as I'm sure you've found out. But until you both know exactly what he is dealing with it's far too early to just give up. My husband was in intensive care with breathing problems for 5 days in February. Discharged with slight improvement. Was really improving when a lung biopsy was ordered. That was done 3 weeks ago and he has not recovered. He's basically back to square one ... and we still don't know a diagnosis. We don't know if there is a chance for improvement from this point ... but we're taking it one day at a time.

Try to keep positive through the testing period until you get a firm diagnosis and prognosis. And you know you can come here whenever you need support. To cry, to vent, to unload ~ whatever you need. Like I said, quite a few of us understand.

AuntieVic
July 18th, 2017, 10:40 PM
Sorry to hear you and your DH are going through a tough time. This forum is a great place to discuss and vent your feelings. There are so many great people here for comfort. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

seaturtle
July 18th, 2017, 11:38 PM
So sorry to hear you and DH are going through this. You will find lots of support here. Hugs and prayers for you both.

jjkaiser
July 18th, 2017, 11:50 PM
There are a few of us here who have gone or are going through the same thing. Health problems are the most world shattering things that can happen to a family. Getting the initial news can be depressing, as I'm sure you've found out. But until you both know exactly what he is dealing with it's far too early to just give up. My husband was in intensive care with breathing problems for 5 days in February. Discharged with slight improvement. Was really improving when a lung biopsy was ordered. That was done 3 weeks ago and he has not recovered. He's basically back to square one ... and we still don't know a diagnosis. We don't know if there is a chance for improvement from this point ... but we're taking it one day at a time.

Try to keep positive through the testing period until you get a firm diagnosis and prognosis. And you know you can come here whenever you need support. To cry, to vent, to unload ~ whatever you need. Like I said, quite a few of us understand.

Oh Judy I didn't know this was going on with your DH, how stressful for you both. Hope you get some good news after the biopsy. Please keep us posted.
Jocelyn

laura44
July 19th, 2017, 12:25 AM
Saying prayers for your husband and you.

Cool Breeze Quilter
July 19th, 2017, 01:29 PM
I am so sorry this is happening. Please know that you are both in my prayers.

geegeequilts
July 19th, 2017, 02:40 PM
Try to stay positive & hopeful during this rough road. I will add my prayers for you both.

Gina

Cathy F
July 19th, 2017, 05:35 PM
Keeping you both in thought and prayer.

MRoy
July 19th, 2017, 07:29 PM
Prayers for your husband and for you.