PDA

View Full Version : Friday is here

Blondie
January 20th, 2012, 07:46 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/gm/Animation5winterchill7.gif

Happy Friday Folksies!

Getting ready for Friday at the salon. I am hoping that when I come home I will have a call from the repair person for my machine. I am just devastated and full of all sorts of withdrawal without it. Even when I don't sew each day, I at least can sit next to her and give her an affectionate pat or stroke.

thinking of all who have had a good walloping of snow, esp in WA - hoping that you can survive too much time with family. Cathy, you had me in stitches over step son and hubs.
Sandy, Agnes must be cutting teeth.

Prayers and SMILES for everyone. Consider this your best day of the year yet.

Bubby
January 20th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Good Morning,

Blondie, I've been waiting for you to get up and have your cuppa Joe! All is well here. Our weather is cold and dry for now. You never know about Missouri weather...they always say if you don't like our weather, stick around and in five minutes it will do something else!

Daisy, so glad you are making such good progress on your Mum's quilt....prayers still going out for Em and Heaven and their families....Congrats to Pam on her temp job....Kizzie and family are on the move, but we can still keep in close touch via MSQC. Sandy and Daisy, my heart breaks for you... my Dad battled Alzheimers.

I'm still working on the benefit quilts...have one ready to run to the LAQer and will do that on my way to WalMart this morning. I have food shopping, a trip to the vet with Molly and housework and laundry today....if I'm lucky maybe an hour to sew. This is going to be a busy weekend for us with little time to do anything but work.

Wishing all of you a great Friday...Stay warm and safe wherever you are.....Hugs, Barb

MaryB
January 20th, 2012, 08:40 AM
Hello, hello, hello. Friday is just about finished. And a jolly good time has been had by all. Hope yours is a great one too.

Sewing group this morning and tra, lala, lala I did manage to look busy some of the time. We had a visitor from Canberra with the most beautiful batik blocks to show and tell. I wanna, wanna, wanna get some of those batiks.

The hospital in Wagga rang to confirm my visit to day surgery on Monday ... hey, hey they've got too be kidding!! They want me there by 8.30am NOT NEGOTIABLE. That means we leave here before 6.00 am - cheee. No hearts those people.

Grandson not interested in food again tonight ... I'm darned if I know how his mother copes with all this "I don't like it' stuff.

Blondie, would you like to hop on over here and sit and fondle my machine until yours is well again? I know what those withdrawal pains are like. Mine went into hopital for a whole month, not once but twice a couple of years ago. Not nice.

Stay warm, Snow Bunnies, get those quilts out and snuggle.

quilter.martha
January 20th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Good Morning,

Blondie, I've been waiting for you to get up and have your cuppa Joe! All is well here. Our weather is cold and dry for now. You never know about Missouri weather...they always say if you don't like our weather, stick around and in five minutes it will do something else!

Hey--that's what we say here in New Hampshire as well! We got about 2 inches of snow overnight--not much, but just enough to really mess up the roads. The plows have been out running up and down the road already. We've got more snow coming for Saturday, but hopefully not much as I've got a GF coming over to quilt! We haven't done that in ages and I don't want anything to mess it up.

I've been doing some hand quilting and boy do my fingers hurt! It even hurts to type. I guess I better lay off the quilting until they feel better. But I'm trying to get this table runner finished to donate for a silent auction in March.

Happy Friday everyone!

MRoy
January 20th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Friday is just starting here....drinking lots of coffee and trying to wake up after another night with not enough sleep. Getting older sucks sometimes but it sure does beat the alternative!

I'm looking forward to a weekend of relaxing. Wishing all a great day!

Monique
January 20th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Hello everybody.

Well my trip to the city went well. All I bought myself was underwear. Sorry Britt, no quilt shops around.

I did manage to cut out blocks to make Jenny's Valentine block. Maybe this afternoon I can work on that.

Not very exciting in my world these days.

Happy Friday everyone.

Beakkmom
January 20th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Friday already! Myrna, sorry you aren't sleeping well; Blondie hoping your machine issues are resolved SOON, Mary all the best for Monday's procedure, and Bubby and Martha stay warm! We are getting snow today, but I don't have to go anywhere! That translates into another day of sewing, Yayy! Yesterday my youngest DD and I shopped for fabrics for handbags. Hers will be .... unique. For her reversible bag she chose a black and white zebra print and a print that looks like dragon's scales. goodness...

Prayers continue for Emily and Heaven and their families. Blessings and hugs quilty friends.

Lin

brittyboo07
January 20th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Good morning ladies!

I would have dropped by sooner but I made my first purchase this morning over at the MSQC Shop! I got todays deal and some matching thread. Not a big first purchase lol but got my first deal. I am going to do a lap quilt for my mother in red/white/black. So I will be getting a black & white charm pack at some time. This is not a quilt I will be starting right away so no big deal. I have to come up with the design for it first.

Blondie - hope you hear something about your machine today!

Barb - hope you get some sew time this weekend!

MaryB - good luck Monday prayers are coming your way!

Martha - sounds like fun saturday hope the snow holds off!

Monique - I know the feeling we don't have any either!

Lin - sounds you are certainly making memories with your DD can't wait to see this fabric combo

CrazyMtnLady
January 20th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Good Morning all,
As Barb said it is a dry, cold morning here. I was amazed at the weather here in Missouri when we first moved down here about 5 years ago. It went from in the 70's to freezing almost overnight!

Busy day today, have to get Hubby ready for his gun show this weekend. Need to clean out the truck and help him get it packed up. As well as get his cooler filled and all that good stuff. At least it's suppose to be a nice weekend (unless they have changed the forecast on me). So hope to get some cleaning done and maybe some outdoor yard clean-up done too. Although we bought a DVD pack with about 20 Alfred Hitchcock movies on it, so I might just have to sit in front of the tv and watch movies and crochet all weekend, Or move the sewing machine into that room and sew! LOL

Well, have a great day and weekend all. (Hubby will have computer again) Catch up to you all on Monday.

Sandy Navas
January 20th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Good Morning Quilty Friends. Anyone else LOVING all the new forum members who are jumping in and letting us get to know them? I truly am amazed and loving each of them!! Then people like our dear Mary pop in and I know she couldn't have had a bit of sleep since I was reading her posts last night, too! Can't imagine what it is like hanging upside down on the earth as it spins. Sending hugs since she's going to be up early on Monday. We'll be thinking of her.

I'm reading Blondie's withdrawal and knowing deep in my heart that I need to send my Diamond in for yearly maintenance and dreading it. Every time I think maybe I can see a lull coming so I have time to be without it someone asks for something else. Let's see - I had to make two little girls their own chef's hats. Now one of them has given me a huge order on a black hoodie for lettering (embroidery). And I have all those UFO's just waiting for attention . . . still have some girl's blocks to finish . . . and I've been babysitting ALL WEEK LONG. When I get home I am worn to a frazzle and don't get anything else done.

So great to see that everyone else is busy too - and hope all who have sniffles and sneezes get better soon. Stay warm and healthy, prayers for those in need. Hugs to all!!

Oh, and most of all - BE SAFE!

BellasQuilts
January 20th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Good Friday everyone! Today we are going to get some much needed rain. It will rain today and all through Sunday. Hopefully it will come steady and not a deluge like it usually does. Today I am taking mom and sisters and friends wine tasting. We have never done this and since we live in wine country, thought it would be fun. First we hit the thrift store where they have bolts of cotton fabric the girls spotted for me so a shopping I go too! So happy to have a day off and get to do some fun stuff with the "girls"! Hugs to all and hoping you stay warm, get over colds, and saying prayers for our Daisys, Emily and Heaven daily. Have a stellar day! Megan

stitching woman
January 20th, 2012, 12:35 PM
Good Morning,

Do you every find yourself coming and going so much you don't remember if you were coming in the door or going out? I guess some weeks are just like that.
My machine is in getting the yearly check-up so will be sewing on my featherweight, no punishment there love it but no embroidering.
When to guild last night and had a great time. We are going to do a BOM Log Cabin Quilt loo

stitching woman
January 20th, 2012, 12:37 PM
OOPS hit the enter button by accident. Was going to say Look like fun.

Have a great day.

LynneLeavell
January 20th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Good Morning everyone. Sitting here at work just have to stop in and see what is going on before I get started on my day here.

I have to get the binding on my Great Nephew's Slide Show quilt since I'm giving it to his mom on Sunday as a baby shower gift. Henry is not here yet (He due to be with us any where between February 14 and March 3.) My niece is on blood thinners for blood clots in her legs and they are having to watch her close.

Hubs is going to Vegas next week for training. He flies out on Sunday Morning at 7:30 (which means I have to have him at the airport by 5:30 a.m.) On the weekend those times only come once a day in my book. So hoping to get some sewing done while he is gone.

Hope everyone has a great day and stays warm and dry.

P.S. Blondie I hope you get your machine back soon. I understand about missing it. I had to put mine in the shop back in October. I had two older machines that I could fall back on, but trust me it is not the same. When I got my good machine back I hugged it and kissed it and talked real nice to it. I'm scared to miss treat it I'm afraid it will miss up again.

Granny Judy
January 20th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Good Morning... I'm all froze up inside and out.. mainly outside since the temp reads below 0 !! And I don't do COLD.. sitting here with 3 layers on and a portable electric heater on my Feet.. (still got cold feet & hands)

Just wanted to let Sandy know that I got her PM.. my PM isn't working so I couldn't reply and let her know I've finished my blocks and they will be going into the mail this week end.. DD still isn't driving since her surgery, so waiting on SonNlaw to take me to the store and post.

I have an extra machine to offer Blondie...just don't expect a lot of frills with it.. Good ol singer that is almost 20 (this fall) I do alot of denim and heavy fabrics (layers, too) on it. It's my fall back on machine, but I'm looking at another new one that will have lots more stitch options on it.. It won't be a Singer, tho, since I'm in love with the Pfaff!!

Off to fire up the oven and put in a full meal deal for tonight.. Or maybe just have the kitchen warm enough to enter and find a snack or two.!!

toggpine
January 20th, 2012, 02:43 PM
Morning all!

We have had all sorts of ice here. The trees are really struggling. We have lost a few, but thankfully none on the main buildings. It is raining on top of the ice and we are hoping that it warms up enough to shake off most of the ice and snow before the high winds come in this evening.
We have had the power go off and on and we figure that we'll loose it agin before the night is over. I have all of the chimneys cleaned on the oil lamps and the wicks are trimmed. The worked fine last night, but the dusty glass bugged me. All of the candles are lined up and the flashlights all have fresh batteries. We are making a grocery run to pick up more milk and some chicken feed. Hopefully the roads are cleared of the downed trees by now and we want to get out before the wind knocks down even more tonight.

You all take care! If I'm missing for a few days you know that we lost power.
Hugs, Cathy

brittyboo07
January 20th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Stay safe Cathy!

sally
January 20th, 2012, 05:19 PM
BRRRR....still very cold here! It is supposed to warm up but with that comes a warning for a big dump of snow. I am taking a quilting class tomorrow to make an Arabian nights quilt. I am going with brown and blues. I have alot of my plate though...I have to finish my daughters quilt, make one for my SIL and finish another one for a lady that is retiring at the end of the month. That I have done the top for but now have to quilt and of the 4 ...3 need to be done sooner than later....UGH! Good thing it is winter! I have attached some pics of where I live....no swimming today :)

quilter.martha
January 20th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Shauna, your pics are beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Claire Hallman
January 20th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Lovely pictures.
It is rainy and gray here but the temp is in the 60s, if it is clear it is cold but when it warms up we get rain. Winter in the South is like that.
I understand about machines being in the shop, just got my embroidery machine back this morning and as soon as the fabric I also bought is dry [I had to wash and dry it before going into my quilting room] I am on my way downstairs to play with the spiffed up, clean, adjusted and quiet machine.

MaryB
January 20th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Monique, I need to know about those undies??? If you ONLY bought undies and you didn't go where there were quilt shops, are the undies more exciting than than quilt stuff? Are they the sort you can fondle and go 'aaah'? Would they create shock waves if you posted a piccie? Is satin and lace involved????

MaryB
January 20th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Re hanging upside-down - Sandy, I think I need some of your wonderful logic here. I heard Bob from Batlow interviewed on the radio once (Batlow is a little apple growing town over the hill) and Bob told the interviewer that he was an Apple Sticker Licker. Well, you all know those pesky little stickers on fruit that just never, never, ever rot into the compost. Well apparently it goes like this ... Bob is suspended by his toes above the conveyor belt in the apple packing sheds and as the apples roll by underneath, he licks the stickers and sticks them on. Apple Sticker Licker, right. Now my question is this, if Bob is suspended upside down, down here, does that mean that he is really right-side-up, up there, and if so, why don't the apples fall down and crown him? Can you explain?

MaryB
January 20th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Ooooh Shauna, I wanna live there too, its gorgeous.

mamaquilt
January 20th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Hi Shauna

thanks for sharing your "cold" pictures. They really look cold. Here it is raining and 7+ Celsius. So not cold at all and no snow so far. Not like last winter.

raining greetings from the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg

Stay safe wherever you're

Michèle

Ginny B
January 20th, 2012, 09:16 PM
Well my workday is over and I'm home and waiting for dh to come home from work. He's bringing dinner so no cooking tonight. Then it will be time to snuggle on the couch and watch some PBS tv. Very cold tonight and expecting some snow --- finally!! Maybe do some handquilting. I hope everyone has a nice evening. Keep warm.

Ginny B