PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning Greetings

JCY
July 16th, 2017, 08:58 AM
Good Morning, Everyone ~ Sadly, another night with a skunk in the neighborhood, stinking up the house. I hate that! I was up at 2 a.m. & caught the first whiff, so closed all the windows. When I got up, the smell had permeated the attic & drifted down through the fan area into the house. I had to open the windows & turn on the fan to dispel the stink. It's only 60 deg. out, so that really chilled off the house.

Yest. afternoon I decided to work on one of my UFOs. Some mos. ago I put together the "Prairie Flower" top using Eleanor Burns' "Forever Love" fabrics. It just needed a wide border, which I cut & sewed on yest. Now I need to piece the backing & work on the binding. If I get this one quilted in time, I may enter it in the co. fair or maybe for our guild's fall show, which is in Oct.

This morning will be church, then the rest of the day will be open for R & R or sewing. Have a great day!

Iris Girl
July 16th, 2017, 09:22 AM
Morning everyone. Today is foggy but should burn off and be a beautiful day. Son is grilling burgers today and I will make some Mac salad. Finished 2 more houses in my Quiltville quilt yesterday and cut 2 more this morning. Laundry in the machine waiting to be hung out and hubby crying for breakfast. That's about it on my agenda today.
Have a great day all!

Cathy F
July 16th, 2017, 09:29 AM
Morning all,

Quiet morning here. The sun is shining and looks to be hot one today.

Yesterday morning I got the binding on my bee quilt so another one finished. We had a birthday party to attend in the afternoon for one of our friends it was a pleasant way to spend a day celebrating his 75th birthday.

Today I have to clean up from yesterday's sewing. My orders from 3 online purchases arrived yesterday. I am loving the Around Town fabric line! What I originally planned for the layer cake may not work though with the placement of the designs on the fabric. May have to re-think this. I also got the pattern for my license plate quilt I want to make for my car and cute cell phone charging station pattern. Now just have to get busy!

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. Off to read the Sunday paper.

KarenC
July 16th, 2017, 11:10 AM
Good morning everyone. Hoping the yard dries out today from yesterday's rain so I can mow later. I think I cracked a rib after a trip and fall Friday, so didn't do much yesterday. Hope to sew a few changing pad covers today. Also went looking at new machines yesterday. I need a lighter weight machine as a travel machine for piecing.

pjyoder414@yahoo.com
July 16th, 2017, 11:35 AM
Good morning everyone,

I've missed y'all. So much for my taking it easy and not stressing my heart, speaking of which my 4 hour heart test is Tuseday. My shoulder is better but it is coming along very slowly. My adult grandkids (3) and the baby (10 months) great grand baby came for a week. I was totally exhaused from it all. Then two days later before I even got to recover my husbands brother and his family with a undisciplined 7 year old came. They finally was able to get into their place yesterday. Still lots to do for them. Especially running them everywhere until they get their license and a car. It will be awhile before my sister in law gets her license, she only has one from Bangkok. My poor DH told me this morning that he plans on doing nothing today, two later his brother called and needs some things from Walmart. My husband ask if I would like to take him, of course I said NO. Today I have to wash their bedding and the rest of the day is for me to nothing. Of course my poor sewing machine is mad at me for neglecting it so long. So I will dust it off, hug it, and get some back to the quilt I was doing.

Enough about my woo's. I hope everyone has been well and the world is treating y'all good.
Happy quilting
Pam

toggpine
July 16th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Dang Pam! None of that sounds like the rest you are supposed to be getting!

I did a whirlwind house tidying before a friend came over. Emily and I have been going through her things to decide what she is still interested in playing with and what is too young for her. That meant stuff was spread all over while being sorted. Not that my friend would have minded so much, but it bugged me. (Now the house looks better and I can go back to sewing without the guilt!)

We had a nice visit and supper with my friend. Her younger son was a classmate of Em's. Her husband decided that he was coming up on retirement from the Navy and he was done being married, he wanted to go home to his mom. He tells her this when she returns from a trip to check on her mother and set up her care for her terminal cancer. In just a few months she becomes a single mom, has to pack and sell the house, move herself and the boys to CA, and help her mother through the end of her life. Her year sucked! Thankfully she has good friends in both places and family down there to help. She is doing much better now and is up here visiting before picking up the boys from their father on her way back south. She looks much less stressed, that is for sure!

I need to go pull something out of the freezer for supper and get on with the rest of the day.

Carlie Wolf
July 16th, 2017, 02:21 PM
Good morning everyone. Sounds like a busy group of people. Pam....that's not what I call taking it easy!

I started working on the embroidery for the three shirts. I got three of the front designs done this morning. I have two back designs to do for each shirt so I'll do three tomorrow then three the next day.

As I was typing this I saw a beaver walking down the river edge of the road. First time I've seen that dead or alive since I've been here. Hope it meanders back down to the river ASAP since the road sometimes gets a fair amount of traffic. I had a woodpecker working on one of the trees out front along the road this morning. I couldn't believe the size of the chips it was knocking off a branch. A persistent little bugger too!

I really should be working on the plum jam I need to do and the yogurt. I don't feel like it though, I feel more like reading and a nap LOL

cv quilter
July 16th, 2017, 10:11 PM
Joy, I empathize with you.....this is our skunk season, we sleep with our bedroom slider door open, and I wake up several times a night to potty or let our little Cavalier out to potty. Even when I don't have to go potty, I wake up and smell the odor......hate it, we have tried to capture them, and they are so wily, we can't catch them. It's obnoxious and we DO NOT like them, but they are here.

pjyoder414@yahoo.com
July 17th, 2017, 02:37 PM
Oh Toggpine I'm so sorry to hear about what your friend is going through. My prayers go out to her.

toggpine
July 17th, 2017, 03:06 PM
She is through it now and coming out on the other side.
Last year was hard for her, but she realized how many friends she really had and that she did, indeed, have a spine and could stand up for herself and her kids. I don't think her ex expected that response from her. She had taken so much of his other crap over the course of their marriage that he assumed this would just be the same.
She is making a good life for herself and her two boys. While we wish it were here, closer to us, CA is where she has the rest of her family and she inherited her mother's house. That is a blessing for her too.
I am sure someone else praying for her continued success would be welcome! Thanks, Pam!
Now, go put your feet up and rest your sweet heart!