PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Greetings

JCY
July 15th, 2017, 03:22 PM
I didn't see a chatty thread for this morning, so I'll start. It's just now noon, so I'm getting a late start here myself. I had errands this morning. I stopped at Dollar Tree for some gift bags & discovered they had their 2018 calendars in, so got 2 of those. Then to Staples for some gel pens that were on sale. Each pkg. of 5 pens came with an extra Frixion pen, so that was a bonus. Then out to Super Wal-Mart for an Rx & a few groc. I was surprised when someone spoke my name. I turned around, & he spoke again & identified himself. I did not recognize him at all. It was a man my son's age; we used to live across the st. from each other in ID. I knew he lived in my town, but it's been >20 yrs. since I've seen him. He took a pic of us together on his cell to send to his mom, who now lives in AZ. What a pleasant surprise. He's a school teacher. I had only my old flip top cell which doesn't take pics, so I had to way no take a pic of him to send to my kids.

I surfed the web yest. for prices for Superior's So Fine thread. Kingsmen had the best price at $12.95/cone. However, I decided to do the "try me" special on Superior's web page. It may not be a color of my choice, but at least I can trial the quality of the thread to see how well it works on my LA. I also bought some needles, a trial of 3 pre-filled M-bobbins, & a pkg. of 10 nets for the thread cones. I saw one being used at the quilting class on Wed. & decided to try them. My order was just >$50. so I got free shipping. If I like the thread, I'll probably place an order with Kingsmen.

I don't have any definite plans for the rest of the day. It's too hot to work outside. I think I'm not feeling very ambitious today. It was 95 deg. yest. We're still having a lot of hazy skies from the western fires. Bad air quality for those with respiratory issues, etc.

I saw my friend yest. & gifted her the Scripture quilt. She was so pleased. She said she won't take it to dialysis with her but will use it at home.

Thoughts & prayers to all those who are fighting cancer and/or going through tough times. Have a good week-end.

CraftyJnet
July 15th, 2017, 03:53 PM
Hello all!
Took a long walk this morning with two of the dogs and my dh. Trimmed a bush in the front yard, did some laundry. It is too hot to be outside now. I hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday!

toggpine
July 16th, 2017, 03:01 AM
My day didn't go quite like I had planned. I came in from morning chores to find a message from a friend asking if she could come by for a visit. She is up from CA for a couple of weeks. Her life has been a bit of a mess for the last year. She is getting it lined back out, and wanted to come back here to vacation visit with friends before picking up her boys from their father.

That meant I had to put some effort into tidying up the house instead of sewing. I did get a few pieces pressed to clear off the ironing board. Hopefully I'll get back to the cutting table tomorrow while the guys are out cutting our winter firewood!

One nice thing, the house looks much better!