PDA

View Full Version : Chain Piecing Night Owl

kimsophia
July 14th, 2017, 01:56 AM
Hoot hoot! How are you? I got side sashings cut and attached to forty more hexagons and estimate that I could make another 50 hexagons from the fabric I have left over. (I've gone thru on the floating hexagons I had assembled already.) So this quilt could be rather sizable before it's all over. I still really like the Bloom and Bliss fabric :)

What's up in your nest tonight? @,@

toggpine
July 14th, 2017, 02:47 AM
I have cut the small cross-body bag we are making for Emily's FM system for her hearing aids. She has to schlep the amplifier/microphone piece from class to class with her in middle school. Since she will have her hands full of books, etc. we decided on a more discreet way for her to carry it other than around her neck.

Then I cut out 4 of the Rover blocks for her Row by Row Junior quilt. We will need to choose a background fabric and finish those up. I'll get her started sewing those while I cut all of the pieces for Hubby's quilt.

I've been listening to one of my audiobooks and checking in on the National Dairy Goat Show being held in Madison, Wisconsin. Two of my good friends had national champions along with three other breeders we show with on a regular basis. The Pacific Northwest was well represented back there! I can't wait to catch up with all of them over the next few months!

Happy hooting!
Hugs! Cathy

Judy, USMC
July 14th, 2017, 03:41 AM
Starting to re-organize my fabric. My stash has increased to a level where I need to get a better handle on it. Also prepping a 3-ring binder for this year's Row by Row patterns. Travel won't be as far and wide as in past years but there are a few close by that I plan on getting. So looking forward to doing something fabric related.

Steve had about 2 liters of fluid removed from his lung this afternoon ... didn't even feel it! Breathing much better and the Pulmonologist is hopeful that the amount left will be absorbed by his body. He thinks this fluid built up because the surgeon pulled the drainage tube and discharged him too early. More testing to be done because the tests so far have been inconclusive as to exactly why he has breathing problems.

Y'all stay safe and have a happy Friday.

KarenC
July 14th, 2017, 03:52 AM
Judy, glad to hear Steve is doing better.

I've been away for the past week. Just got home tonight around midnight. Had too much caffeine driving home from LA so now I'm wide awake. Had an interesting trip teaching 13 children ages 7-9 how to sew pillowcase dresses. It was amazing to watch how some just absorbed the knowledge and we're able to master the control of the sewing machine so quickly. We made about 15 dresses to be donated to the church mission for kids in Cambodia. I'd love to share photos, but don't have permission of the parents.

Judy, USMC
July 14th, 2017, 04:04 AM
Judy, glad to hear Steve is doing better.
I'd love to share photos, but don't have permission of the parents.

Thanks for thinking of him; much appreciated! And pleased to hear you are thoughtfully considerate about posting kids pics. Too many have been ID'd in on-line pics and their parents are justly concerned. Glad they were able to help other kids.

toggpine
July 14th, 2017, 12:40 PM
We have the issue of photos of the kids at school too.
I try to take photos of them that do not include their faces. Shots of their hands working on their projects, or I have had them all hold up their project over their faces if they are big enough, like a pillowcase or a painting. If not they hold them in the palm of their hand for the picture. (We made M* chicken pincushions and painted rocks.)
It is not our favorite way to take pictures, but it protects the kids if we need to use the photos for publicity or grant writing purposes.