PDA

View Full Version : Hoot if you're a Night Owl Tonight

kimsophia
July 13th, 2017, 01:18 AM
How are yooooou? I cut a bunch of 1-1/2" strips tonight which I will need to subcut into more 5 and 6.5" pieces. I checked on how much jelly roll fabric I have left to make floating hexagons and it looks like I could cover the top of my three quarter size mattress (but with no drop on the sides) so I may go forward with that and add side borders.

I watched another hour of the Norwegian wool craft demonstration but the entire program is eight and a half hours long so there's plenty more spinning and knitting to see :)

What new in your nest?

jjkaiser
July 13th, 2017, 01:43 AM
Yes I am up later than I thought I would be. My dh had knee surgery today so we were at the hospital all day until about 5:00. Surgery went great but he is alternately hobbling around on crutches and laying on the couch with his legs elevated. I am sitting close by in case I am needed. Hah, not really sitting as I swear I have been up about 500 times for drinks of water, crackers, Kleenex, snacks, medicine, newspapers, pillows, no let's try a different pillow, answering the phone, making dinner, taking dishes back to the kitchen not to mention getting ice, ice, ice, then to the drugstore for an old fashioned fabric ice bag (that looks like a shower cap) because the zip lock bags we were using were leaking. Then another trip to the store to buy more ice! And two trips to the drugstore and I forgot we do not have a working thermometer, I can't believe I forgot to pick one up. So that will be on my list when I go out in the morning for yes you guessed it, more ice!! Sshh! He is watching an old movie on tv now and I hope he falls asleep. So needless to say I have gotten zero sewing done today but did enjoy the opportunity to check into the Forum a whole bunch of times since I was having a super fragmented day. I did day dream about quilting though there was plenty of time for that. And that was my day,!! I go back to work on Friday it will probably feel like a vacation lol!!!!

Mimi_Howard
July 13th, 2017, 02:38 AM
Did he leave you in charge of the pain meds? They can cause drowsiness :lol: I hope he has a quick recovery and you can get some rest soon too.

redcaboose1717
July 13th, 2017, 02:49 AM
Me too....I got to watching some other YouTube videos....mainly wedding videos where brides were surprised at the reception...etc. There was one where a bride's dad was a police officer that was killed in the line of duty, and his fellow comrades all showed up to the reception to dance that first dance with her.....WOW..Anyway, okay, I am done crying for the night I guess. I don't normally watch a lot of YouTube videos, although I have gotten hooked on this young couple who has adopted two little girls and are trying to have a baby of their own through IVF. They're a cute couple.
I was going to work on the Present Table Runner I decided to try to make using the Present Quilt Tutorial Jenny did a couple of years ago.....( here's the tutorial video )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOFCY7-2Uo4&t=2s
I am going to finish it tomorrow maybe......so yeah I am up.....normally DH John is sleeping when I am up this late, but he is on his computer ( right behind me ) as I am typing this......
Take care....and Good Night ALL

Judy, USMC
July 13th, 2017, 03:45 AM
Back from the follow-up from the surgeon who did Steve's lung biopsy and getting ready for the Pulmonologist appointment tomorrow. I truly believe that when you're taking care of someone who is ill or recovering you should be given an allowance for a good pair of shoes and a certificate for a massage to use at your convenience! Oh, and yes those pain pills do make most people drowsy.

Will check in again tomorrow ... till then everyone have a GREAT day.

toggpine
July 13th, 2017, 04:03 AM
I forgot how much I hate traffic! I used to drive in it ALL the time and it didn't bother me. It may be that traffic has gotten worse in that area, I don't know. We did get the yard of fabric we needed to make the trees for the Sasquatch quilt though!

Emily is going to try to make the Rover blocks for the Row by Row Junior. I think she has 4 dog bodies picked out. We might need sashing or a couple more dogs to make the top the right size.

For now, we are heading to bed.

mischiefkat
July 13th, 2017, 08:02 AM
Hey Jj,
I feel your pain. My DH has been incapacitated since 5-23-17. Although, he takes care of his own needs around the house, I've been doing all the physical chores of his volunteer job. Have lost 5#. Hope your hubby feels better soon. Hugs & prayers Kathy