PDA

View Full Version : Excuse me while I vent!?

liz72703
July 11th, 2017, 03:07 PM
Why does JoAnn make it SO hard for me to spend my money with them??

Multiple times I have ordered yardage from them. Two weeks pass and they still don't ship it... then after waiting two weeks they cancel the order saying its "out of stock". Yet when I look at the website, the item is clearly still "in stock and ready to ship"! But it does me no good to reorder because after waiting two weeks, the sale price is long gone. This has happened twice.

So today, they are having an big online sale. I go to the website and find the Cricut Brightpad is on sale for 63.99. However, every time I put it in my shopping cart, it goes back to the original price of 79.99. I call the customer "service" desk and finally a girl answers. I tell her what is happening and she asks for the item number. I still have the item pulled up on my PC so I read it to her. Then she flatly says "I'm looking at it and it's not on sale". I tell her no, I'm have it up and it clearly is. She tells me to reload the page and guess what? It was conveniently no longer showing on sale! I still have the screenshot showing it on sale because I was writing an email while I was waiting... but guess what? She couldn't care less!

Now, I just checked it again and it's back to showing on sale again! But still goes back to the higher price when I put it into my cart.

http://www.joann.com/cricut-brightpad-rose/15575798.html#q=brightpad&start=1

bubba
July 11th, 2017, 03:16 PM
I just searched and it clearly shows it at $63.99. However, you are right, it does raise the price when you click on it!

liz72703
July 11th, 2017, 03:18 PM
Thank you, at least now I know I'm not crazy! The girl on the phone acted like I was! lol :)

Bubby
July 11th, 2017, 03:24 PM
I have had similar experiences with JoAnn...I no longer bother trying to do business with them.

liz72703
July 11th, 2017, 03:32 PM
I think I may be done too. It's not worth the aggravation.

Caroline T.
July 11th, 2017, 03:34 PM
That is one messed up web site. First time I clicked on your link, the price was $79.99. Exited Joanne's and clicked on the link again, back down to the $63.99 (with price increased at check out as you described). Exited Joanne's again, and clicked on the link one last time and it's back up to $79.99.

I have had problems with Joanne's website in the past too. Usually (if it's something I really want), I'll print out the screen shot like you did, and take it to the local brick and mortar store, they have always honored the advertised price for me.

Iris Girl
July 11th, 2017, 03:34 PM
My last experience just this past week. I ordered insulbrite on line on sale and with an additional 20% off. Ok it went through ok so I wait for it to come it will take 10 days as its coming from Georgia. I start digging through stuff and find a yard and a bunch of pieces in my stash. I was able to eek out what I needed and finish my project 5 days before my package arrived. Good thing as what they sent was not insulbrite at all but poly fleece batting..... Read the return policy NO RETURNS ON CUT GOODS. OK now I am mad as its not what I ordered. I called customer service and she told me their new rule is you can take it back to the store if you purchase online no questions asked with your receipt. Ok but I don't have a receipt showing cost. She was very nice and emailed my receipt to me and told me it would be a return for full amount including shipping. Went to my Joann's that have gone down hill in the last 2 years with new management and took hubby for moral support. No questions asked they took it back gave me a full cash refund. I was surprised since I used paypal to pay and it also said that would only get me a gift card. I was happy with the return . But all in all I try and stay away from Joann's as they are so bad lately.

liz72703
July 11th, 2017, 03:36 PM
That is one messed up web site. First time I clicked on your link, the price was $79.99. Exited Joanne's and clicked on the link again, back down to the $63.99 (with price increased at check out as you described). Exited Joanne's again, and clicked on the link one last time and it's back up to $79.99.

I have had problems with Joanne's website in the past too. Usually (if it's something I really want), I'll print out the screen shot like you did, and take it to the local brick and mortar store, they have always honored the advertised price for me.

I have the screenshot... I might try it. The store doesn't have any in stock so not sure if they will at some point.

liz72703
July 11th, 2017, 03:38 PM
My last experience just this past week. I ordered insulbrite on line on sale and with an additional 20% off. Ok it went through ok so I wait for it to come it will take 10 days as its coming from Georgia. I start digging through stuff and find a yard and a bunch of pieces in my stash. I was able to eek out what I needed and finish my project 5 days before my package arrived. Good thing as what they sent was not insulbrite at all but poly fleece batting..... Read the return policy NO RETURNS ON CUT GOODS. OK now I am mad as its not what I ordered. I called customer service and she told me their new rule is you can take it back to the store if you purchase online no questions asked with your receipt. Ok but I don't have a receipt showing cost. She was very nice and emailed my receipt to me and told me it would be a return for full amount including shipping. Went to my Joann's that have gone down hill in the last 2 years with new management and took hubby for moral support. No questions asked they took it back gave me a full cash refund. I was surprised since I used paypal to pay and it also said that would only get me a gift card. I was happy with the return . But all in all I try and stay away from Joann's as they are so bad lately.

I'm glad you got your money back...especially since it was their mistake. :)

Hulamoon
July 11th, 2017, 04:36 PM
How can they not give you your money back if there is no store near you, like across the ocean. lol

liz72703
July 11th, 2017, 04:43 PM
Frankly I think in that instance they should refund your money AND tell you to keep the batting!

kaydee
July 11th, 2017, 05:05 PM
Just out of curiousity, try purchasing it on a different device. Like if you've been using your phone, use your computer. If you've been using your computer, try your phone.

Did you know companies charge different parts of the country different prices? So your price might be changing b/c it's sensing your location? Crazy, but true!

It's actually true in stores around here, too. Some Targets have lower prices than others, depending on the demographics of the area in which the Target sits.

And to me, the really unscrupulous companies are the ones that charge MORE b/c the area residents don't have other choices. There is a Festival Foods (grocery) near me that charges OUTRAGEOUS prices, but it sits in a very poor area, right across the street from a large low income trailer park, and next to low income seniors. I won't shop there.

liz72703
July 11th, 2017, 05:10 PM
I tried on IE, Chrome as well as my iPhone. No dice.

Someone on their Facebook page finally messaged me back and said she could reproduce the error, but that the item is now out of stock anyway.

liz72703
July 11th, 2017, 05:14 PM
Just out of curiousity, try purchasing it on a different device. Like if you've been using your phone, use your computer. If you've been using your computer, try your phone.

Did you know companies charge different parts of the country different prices? So your price might be changing b/c it's sensing your location? Crazy, but true!

It's actually true in stores around here, too. Some Targets have lower prices than others, depending on the demographics of the area in which the Target sits.

And to me, the really unscrupulous companies are the ones that charge MORE b/c the area residents don't have other choices. There is a Festival Foods (grocery) near me that charges OUTRAGEOUS prices, but it sits in a very poor area, right across the street from a large low income trailer park, and next to low income seniors. I won't shop there.

Yes, I spent years in IT at a "certain" large retailer here in northwest Arkansas. Differences in pricing between brick and mortar stores is common practice... it's called "traiting". Websites do similar things with with cookies.

GrammaBabs
July 11th, 2017, 05:26 PM
Clearly this is why AMAZON has been kicking the butt of all the "storefront" places.... will not wast my time with them anymore... It's the way of the world!!

JCY
July 11th, 2017, 07:37 PM
It sounds like I never want to shop from JoAnn's web site. What poor business practices.

grammaterry
July 11th, 2017, 08:35 PM
I stopped going there. It is 60 miles one way and everytime I go to use a 50 percent offcoupon, I can't because everything I want is onsale but not a good sale. I made my last trip there 4 months ago.

Mimi_Howard
July 11th, 2017, 09:17 PM
Couple years ago I found roku box at best buy web site, said in stock at local store, yes that was true but at $10 higher in the store. I was outta time in get the present so I paid the difference, but never again. I did place order at joanns other day with the option to pick up at local store. They had it in stock, but it took 3 days to get my okay to pick up email.

KarenC
July 12th, 2017, 12:37 AM
I have two very nice Joanns near me and shop at both regularly. Now the big box storm from Arkansas, sorry I have to be desperate to go there. Shopping for precuts, I absolutely look to M*. I love that M* posts the images of all the fabrics in the precut bundle so you can see what you're getting.