PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning Hellos

JCY
July 9th, 2017, 08:59 AM
Good Morning, All ~ I'm up early--as usual. Yest. was my birthday; I turned 75 y.o. Where did the years go?! No celebration other than I got several cards, e-mails, & 1 phone call. Every day I've been FMQ for 30-90 min. on the latest quilt. I'm about 3/4 done. Today will be church, a stop on the way home at the groc. store, more FMQ. Our weather remains hot with hazy skies from the Colo. & western fires. I hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Star lover
July 9th, 2017, 09:04 AM
So sorry to have missed your special day! Hope you have maaaany more!

Georgie Girl
July 9th, 2017, 09:30 AM
Happy Belated Birthday. Glad you were able to do some quilting.

seaturtle
July 9th, 2017, 09:30 AM
I missed it too, Joy! Happy belated and hope you have a wonderful day today!

I've been working on bags lately and decided to come back to quilting. The bag-making is a 'quicker' project, but quilting is more relaxing. I'm working on my 2nd quilt after spending most of the year making bags. I have the borders to do today, but I got some advice from Claire and Vonnie, so that should be done this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Georgie Girl
July 9th, 2017, 09:42 AM
I missed it too, Joy! Happy belated and hope you have a wonderful day today!

I've been working on bags lately and decided to come back to quilting. The bag-making is a 'quicker' project, but quilting is more relaxing. I'm working on my 2nd quilt after spending most of the year making bags. I have the borders to do today, but I got some advice from Claire and Vonnie, so that should be done this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a great day!

I viewed your bag post. You are kidding me when you say they are "quicker projects then quilting"? Not in my world. Those are fabulous and all the hardware and design. You sure have a talent for bags.

Bubby
July 9th, 2017, 09:48 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

We had a good day yesterday and today will be muggy. We finished cutting the grass yesterday and if we don't get more rain we shouldn't have to mow again for a week.

Here's a Happy Belated Birthday to you, Joy!

I'm off to cook breakfast and then on to church.

Wishing everyone a great day. Hugs....

MissMay
July 9th, 2017, 09:49 AM
Good Morning, All ~ I'm up early--as usual. Yest. was my birthday; I turned 75 y.o. Where did the years go?! No celebration other than I got several cards, e-mails, & 1 phone call. Every day I've been FMQ for 30-90 min. on the latest quilt. I'm about 3/4 done. Today will be church, a stop on the way home at the groc. store, more FMQ. Our weather remains hot with hazy skies from the Colo. & western fires. I hope everyone has a good Sunday.

Belated BDay Wishes from cool NJ. Sun is shinning and it looks as if we're in for another nice summer day, warm and pleasant just the kind I like. 144866

Cathy F
July 9th, 2017, 10:12 AM

Happy Birthday a little late, sorry I missed it!

Angelia
July 9th, 2017, 10:18 AM
Happy Birthday, Joy! (Late, but heartfelt good wishes.)

Iris Girl
July 9th, 2017, 10:31 AM
Morning all, Joy

Sorry I missed it.

Today is gorgeous blue skies and sun low low humidity. Laundry on the line. I had ordered some insul-brite from Joann's.com. It arrived yesterday... wrong stuff they sent me regular poly fleece batting...yuck never use that. So I took it back to the store after calling Customer Service. I had paid with paypal and expected a gift card back. I was surprised when they asked if I wanted cash or a gift card. I took the cash! Went to Auto Zone with hubby to pick up some touch up paint and clear coat for a scratch in his truck. Not so nice there. I had the body putty $7.99 and the clearcoat $9.99 as per label on shelf. They ring me up and tell me I owe $23 and change... I said what should be about 20 bucks. They check prices putty good, clearcoat rings at $12.99. I said the tag says $9.99.Guy walks over looks at tag yup it does tells manager who is on the phone and ignores him. 5 mins later someone asks if I spoke with manager yet...um no I'm still standing by the display (to make sure they don't change the tags. Manager finally comes looks at tags and product yup it does say $9.99 lets see what it rings up as... Been there done that ...grrr getting angry He scans it says reg says $12.99. I said you just verified the tag says $9.99. He says well its ringing $12.99. This is the point hubby stands back a few steps. I said I don't give a crap what your register says the tag on the shelf reads $9.99 and you and I both verified it. That is what I will pay. He finally decides to let me have it for $9.99... LOL I pay and leave. I have worked retail for over 30 years they are not pulling that crap on me, I know the rules.
Stop at Walmart for some fabric for the background on my house blocks and then home.
Today my son will attempt to grill some turkey breast slice and we will have summer turkey, with mashed taters and gravy, veggie and cranberry sauce.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Jean Sewing Machine
July 9th, 2017, 10:57 AM
Happy birthday, Joy! I'm right behind you when counting the years, and I can't wrap my head around where they all went!

pcbatiks
July 9th, 2017, 11:15 AM
Happy Birthday, Joy! Hope you have a great birthday weekend!

mischiefkat
July 9th, 2017, 11:31 AM
Happy Happy Birthday to you JCY Kathy

Julie A
July 9th, 2017, 01:08 PM
Happy Birthday - one day late. Hope this year is a glorious year for you, filled with love, laughter, friends, and of course much quilting.

Sharyn J
July 9th, 2017, 02:28 PM
Happy Birthday Joy! Sorry I missed it and hope you had a great day.

GaGa
July 9th, 2017, 03:40 PM
Happy belated birthday, Joy!

Judy, USMC
July 9th, 2017, 04:46 PM
And here's another Belated Happy Birthday wish from me. Enjoy a great year on that new-to-you Singer!

Navy Wife
July 9th, 2017, 05:22 PM
Happy Birthday yesterday. I'm a bit ahead of you in years. It's always nice to have someone older! I even love to show my ID when buying wine!

JCY
July 9th, 2017, 05:54 PM
Thanks for all the birthday wishes, everyone! (I don't have my birth date posted on my profile, so you had no way of knowing.) My oldest son just called from MD & we had an hour long chat. It was good to catch up. DH's BD is Thurs., so he wished him a HBD, too. I'm lucky if I get to see him once a year. He was here in May & helped us with a lot of little projects--& a couple bigger ones, too. It's kind of hard when family lives so far away. The other 3 sons live in the Pac. N.W.

The FMQ foot I ordered from Amazon came yest. & the new Supreme Slider I had ordered came today, so I'm all set for the quilting class with Angela Walters on Wed. I'm really looking forward to meeting her & learning some new quilting tips.

We're having another scorcher. It's 102 deg. right now at 3 p.m.! We might see <90 deg. by next week end. Now I'm going to go do more FMQ.