PDA

View Full Version : Thursday always comes too soon

Blondie
January 19th, 2012, 07:59 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v693/BSpence/sigs/chichi.gif

Good Morning Folksies

Another day on the horizon and here I sit with coffee in front of me and my little Gracie on my lap under a warm quilt. She looks just like the picture above. While I've never had a small dog before her and quite frankly never cared for chi chi's, this little girl stole my heart. She is quite simply the happiest dog I've ever had and so enthusiastic. We are so alike!

I'm continuing to pray for those in need. I know each person in the group has their own personal trials, even if it isn't shared openly. I haven't started the block for Mr D. - I had to take my machine into the shop yesterday to be looked at. I cleaned it and oiled it - seemed to help for a milli second and then just jammed up. There is something else going on that I have no clue of. So, my fine quilty friends, I am out of a machine for at least a week. Maybe longer depending on the cost of repair. Sigh.

Glad to read that the Daisy's have a new addition to their family - I am sure after a few days of roughing it they would love to be able to cuddle their baby. settling for the comfort instead.

Cold today but no snow, hey look at WA getting some records made, eh?

Blessings all around here - have a stellar day and S-M-I-L-E

quilter.martha
January 19th, 2012, 08:46 AM
Morning Blondie--

It's cold here too. I just looked outside and its a big fat 0*! Burrr--I have to walk about 1/4 mile into my office. I'll be numb when I get there.

I hope you get your machine back soon. I think I'd be going through withdrawals if I couldn't sit down and sew for a few minutes every day or so. I guess its in my blood!

Have a great day everyone. Prayers continue for Emily--so glad to have found an update on her. I was getting worried.

MRoy
January 19th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Good Morning! I feel just like the puppy in Blondie's picture this morning. I've gotten in the habit of waking between 2 and 2:30 am and can't go back to sleep. Now it's time to get ready for work and I'm ready for a nap.

Wishing all a great Thursday!

Monique
January 19th, 2012, 09:13 AM
Good morning to you all.

I would love to be little your little doggie Blondie, still under a cozy quilt.

Yesterday was just a crazy day. Yup I did have to dig my way out from under all that snow. I knew I would never make it out the driveway, a friend was having coffee at the little store here so I had to get him to just plow at the end of the driveway, enough for me to get out.

I worked from 8-10 at one post office, had to make my way to the other about 20 min away, worked there 10:30-noon. Came home and had to head out to the first one to work 3:15-5:45. Busy busy day.

Today is an easy day, work 9:30-10:30. When I get home, heading out to the city. My friend is going for an MRI and she doesn't drive in the city. Perhaps some shopping along the way?

Have a wonderful Thursday everyone. Stay safe and warm wherever you are.

Beakkmom
January 19th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Good morning all, it is cold, but winter arrived late so I'm trying not to fuss about it. Five degrees.......brrrr! Today is sewing circle and then off to 'the city' to run errands and visit my DD for a bit.

Hugs to all, and prayers as well.

Lin

Shannon
January 19th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Woke up this morning to the sound of dripping water, thank goodness it was just the snow melting off the roof! Still lots of snow here, official count for my county was 16 inches! Everything is frozen, the snow is rock hard and there will be no digging out of cars today unless it really warms up!

ahhh 3rd day in a row snow bound (sad look) yeah right...yipee! 3rd day in a row of full on sewing :)
I am making a big dent in the polka dot swap blocks, so happy about that - for once I won't be in a panic the last week of the swap (I hope)

Anyway off to wake up DD and DGD with some nice hot oatmeal...will check in later :)

brittyboo07
January 19th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Morning everyone! Sitting here at work this morning wishing I was still in my warm toasty bed! Not to bad here this morning 31 when I left the house so I will not complain since I saw 0 & 5 from some of you lol. I get to start working on tax stuff this afternoon I ams so excited! NOT!!! I am either going shopping with my Mom tonight or tomorrow night (think it will be tomorrow night) to finish shopping for my cousins shower on Sunday. I finished the quilt last night so that part is done! We are going to use it as a table decoration hanging partly off the gift table.

Blondie - your little Gracie sounds like a sweetheart! Sorry to hear about your machine hope it isnt anything major.

Martha - I totally understand what you are saying! Just 30 minutes on the machine here and there makes me happy!

Myrna - I need a nap too and its only 8:17 ugh!

Monique - I hope there is a quilt shop in your future!

Lin - have fun today!

shannon - sounds like you are getting a lot done! enjoy your snowday!

I found a guild yesterday here locally and contacted them. They emailed me back and said I can attend 3 times before I decide to join. Trying to decide if I want to go check it out or not. How many of you belong to a guild?

Have a blessed day everyone!

Sandy Navas
January 19th, 2012, 11:22 AM
Good Morning!!! I'm like everyone else - so relieved to have an update on Emily - even if is isn't the very best - YET! Still saying those prayers . . . for her and everyone else in need.

No sewing today. Babysitting again. Can't leave those kids alone. Agnes is at the age where all of a sudden she thinks she doesn't know me and starts screaming. Maybe she's just sick and tired of seeing me for several days in a row. That and she is teething.

Take care, all. Have a wonderful, warm, safe, and happy day!!

CrazyMtnLady
January 19th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Good Morning. Still on the chilly side here but should be on the warming up side of things soon. Expected to be back in the high 50s or low 60s this weekend. Yippee!

Today will be a baking day. Hubby has another gun show this weekend in Springfield, so I always send him off with a batch of cookies for him and his buddies. I think I'll make Snickerdoodles today. Plus I will need to iron his clothes and get his suitcase ready. He will leave tomorrow and be back on Sunday night. Even though Springfield is only about 60-70 miles away it is cheaper for him to get a cheap motel room then to drive back and forth every day. I will be cleaning like a mad woman for sure. That is the only draw back of heating with wood, everything gets soooooooooooo dusty.

Prayers being said for all in need. With a little extra pray for Emily.

Have a great day and stay warm and safe.

Loonwatcher
January 19th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Good morning,

Relieve to get an Emily update. Still praying for her and her family, Heaven and family and Mr. & Mrs. Daisy and all you others that are going through trials.

Woke with a wicked sinus headache and ended up staying home. Plan was to go in later but so far it's not going away. I'm really getting sick of thsi cold. I've had it since early December. Was an upper respiratory infection for a bit, then was getting better and now it's back almost full force.....sheesh!

I had 5 people at my mini wallet class last night. They seemed to enjoy it. Stayed after class for some extra help for one lady who was a little nervous about how it all layered together. Only made about $17.50 for the class and went home with fabric instead of money. Didn't like any of her whites though. So if I can mange to drag myself to Joann's for that I'll have what I need to make one of Jenny's valentine table runners. Tomorrow night is a sewing gettogether at the LQS; just for working on whatever you want. Sometimes they order in dinner. Sounds like fun. I might go and do the table runner.

Have a great day,

debinmalaga
January 19th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Hello all! Cold here in NJ too, but just in the 20s so not as bad as some of you. I only work till 230 today; then it'll be a quick round of chores and then sewing!! Wishing everyone a great day!

cyndiofthevortex
January 19th, 2012, 12:37 PM
Hi everyone,

I have something amazing to tell you. God answered all of the prayers lifted up for me about my wisdom teeth. I thought I would spend at least a day in bed drugged on pain meds, but instead only needed half a pill of what they prescribed. I spent the day with my family, resting, talking, reading and I even got into my sewing room for about an hour before bed. Had a full night of good sleep and have woken up feeling normal. So I'd like to thank all of you who prayed for me and praise God for such kindness to me.

I'm thinking of all of you today. And Blondie, I am smiling!

Cyndi

Claire Hallman
January 19th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Hi everyone,

I have something amazing to tell you. God answered all of the prayers lifted up for me about my wisdom teeth. I thought I would spend at least a day in bed drugged on pain meds, but instead only needed half a pill of what they prescribed. I spent the day with my family, resting, talking, reading and I even got into my sewing room for about an hour before bed. Had a full night of good sleep and have woken up feeling normal. So I'd like to thank all of you who prayed for me and praise God for such kindness to me.

Cyndi

So happy for you that it was that easy.

brittyboo07
January 19th, 2012, 01:03 PM
This is great news!

Hi everyone,

Cyndi

toggpine
January 19th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Hi Everybody!

We are being iced in here too. I haven't seen freezing rain like this since I was a kid in Oklahoma. Everything is coated with it.

I have my blocks done, but can't get to the P.O. to mail them. I wish today was going to be a sewing day, but I have some work to do on the computer. Drat! I'll get to that as soon as I make the slide down to the barn to check on the girls.

I am off to go find the update on Emily and then head out into the ice-crusted outdoors.

Cathy

MaryB
January 19th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Hello Ice Maidens - and Snow Princes too. Hot here in the Snowy (???) hills. You freeze, we cook, makes for an interesting life eh. What a self indulgent day Thursday was. My get-up-and-go got up and went, now here I sit with a nice hot coffee while everyone except the Midnight Cat slumbers on. Must give myself a shake and MAKE TODAY COUNT.

Off to sewing group this morning and I haven't a thing prepared. Can I just browse magazines and pretend I'm researching do you think? Or could I spread lots of stuff around, arrange and re-arrange it all and make like something constructive is happening? Or just sit back and admire everyone else's work and act the benelovent matriarch. Yes that's it, sometimes age does have its compensations.

Love the Gracie look-alike Blondie. Hugs to all you snow bunnies.

Must away and wake THE KID, wash him, dress him and feed him and then tomorrow he goes back to his Mum and I can go back to just being Grandma again.

quiltingtrish
January 19th, 2012, 07:26 PM
Too funny Mary - researching or spread stuff around to arrange and re-arrange it - I've been known to go on a retreat for 5 days with a hand paper piecing project and only finish 1 flower the entire time! I was busy talking and admiring other peoples work!

Fighting a head cold here too and trying to keep it out of my chest. This cold air isn't helping, wish it were Spring! I know it's coming and that's all I need to hang on. Even the kitties think it's too cold out there for their little bodies. They have both found a quilt to lay on and look all cozied up.

Need to finish working on a name tag tonight. Got the whole thing foundation pieced at Guild the other night and now just need to zip around the edges to finish it.
Who asked about joining a local Guild? (That's my memory for ya, I know your post is on the previous page but if I go back, I think I lose what I've typed here.) Anyways, yes - I would go to a meeting and see if it's something you would enjoy. Some guilds are huge and some are small - some do alot of charity projects and some don't do any at all. If you are allowed to go 3 times to see if you want to keep going - I'd give it a try. Ours you can only come once and then join or not come. I like the 3 times better.

Cyndi - so glad that you are feeling pretty good after your surgery. My daughter has to get hers out sometime within the year and after going through the boys that needed theirs out, not really looking forward to hers coming out. Maybe she will get them out while she is in Arkansas and I can send her cyber hugs.

Oh Blondie - a sick machine. Hope it gets better soon and doesn't cost alot to fix her up. I'd lend you one of mine if I could.

Well, best go on and think about dinner. Getting a tad hungry here. Has to be something quick as the body just doesn't feel much like any more standing today.

Hugs everyone ~~~~~