PDA

View Full Version : A wonderful day with Forum Friends

Caroline T.
July 7th, 2017, 10:44 PM
SallyOSews is visiting the PNW area and reached out to some of us locals for a get together.

Bubba (Pat), Enumclawgramma (Libby), Toggpine (Cathy) (and her daughter-a sweet lovely young lady), and myself met up with Sally in Gig Harbor, had a pretty good lunch with lots of fun stories all around. I think we spent about 2 hours at the restaurant. Which reminds me that I need to be sure to leave a very positive Yelp review for them.

Pat gifted us each with one of her darling pouches that she posted a few days ago, and Sally brought us each a plaque with different sayings on them and wrapped in a darling FQ.

After lunch we walked over to the quilt shop on the next block, and OH MY! Not a huge shop, but wow the quilts on display were fantastic, the selection of fabrics made me drool, and the Shop Gal was so friendly and helpful. This shop may be 45 minutes from my house, but oh boy it'll be worth the drive to go back. With the help of my fellow enablers, I was able to find a beautiful fabric that I'm excited to try a new technique with, and boy did I get a great deal (Thank you so much again Cathy, you are sneaky and I so appreciate the gift).

After we were done in the Quilt shop, we stepped outside, and Sally's family had arrived to pick her up, so we also got to meet her Daughter, SIL, and her wonderful Husband. After saying our goodbye's to Sally with promises to get together the next time she comes to this part of the country, Pat, Libby, and myself headed back to Tacoma, and stopped at Artco and did some more shopping. (I am surrounded by enablers and I love them for it)

It was a wonderful day, filled with stories, and friendship, and I can't think of a better group of women to spend a beautiful Friday afternoon with. Sally, thank you for putting a shout out to the PNW forum members, and thank you all for coming together.

EnumclawGramma
July 7th, 2017, 11:11 PM
Oh my gosh! That was so fun! Sally it was sew wonderful to meet you and put a face with a name! Thank you for the sweet gift, and please come back someday. Pat, I love my Seahawk bag! Thank you! So thoughtful.

Finally, Caroline you are such a sweet friend �� Thank you so much for organizing this get together and for the wonderful lunch!

Aren't quilty sisters the BEST?

bubba
July 8th, 2017, 12:14 AM
I've been trying to post the picture the waitress took of us with no luck for at least two hours!!! It's really a nice picture too :(

I agree, I think a fun time was had by all. I'd been in the quilt shop before, matter of fact, just two weeks ago was my latest visit! It was the shop I did the BOM for my states quilt. While we were there, a gal walked in carrying an old train case in one hand and an antique grandmothers garden quilt on the other arm. It was all pieced and quilted by hand! She bought it at an antique shop in Tacoma for $100 as an incentive to learn quilting. Well, her first quilt is going to be a grandmothers garden and she started it a week ago and already had several flowers done as well as a bunch of the individual hexies. Yikes!!

When we left there, the ones who live on the other side of the bridge stopped at a shop called Artco....think Ben Franklin. I go there a lot, but they have great fabrics. I think Caroline and Libby will both agree with me.

Again, thanks for lunch Caroline! Sally, it was nice to meet you and your family and I love my little plaque!

(I'll keep working on the photo.....)

Signed,
the lady who parks on the freeway!

Kathy, Pat, Caroline, Libby, Sally, Emily (left to right in an upside down U)

bubba
July 8th, 2017, 12:17 AM
I forgot.....MM loved his magnet!!

jjkaiser
July 8th, 2017, 12:26 AM
Oh I love a sweet story like this. Sound like you ladies had a fabulous time!!

stationarymom
July 8th, 2017, 01:46 AM
It must have been great to be able to meet each other in person.

toggpine
July 8th, 2017, 01:50 AM
We had a lot of fun!
Em wasn't sure at first that she wanted to hang out with a bunch of quilting ladies, but she thinks you ladies are OK! She is pretty sure that Caroline should have bought both pieces of fabric! (I may have created a enabler there.)
Pat: she loves her zipper pouch, and who wouldn't?

It was a delight to meet Sally and her lovely family! Her daughter, Colleen (I think), welcomes us to encourage her to make a return trip!
It was so good to see Libby, Pat, and Caroline again. Thank you so much for lunch Caroline, and I can't wait to see your version of that quilt!
We really need to get together more often!

Simply Quilting
July 8th, 2017, 02:03 AM
Always a fun time to meet forum friends! Sounds like you ladies had an amazing time :)

bubba
July 8th, 2017, 02:45 AM
It must have been great to be able to meet each other in person.

We actually had met before at a sewing show! Well, except for Sally. She couldn't make it that day.

SallyO'Sews
July 8th, 2017, 04:27 AM
Thank YOU, Caroline, Pat, Libby, and Cathy! I had a wonderful time, and enjoyed every minute of it! Planning to read through the patterns I picked up at Nancy's on the flight home Saturday.

We thoroughly enjoyed our time in the PNW, and are looking forward to when we can come back!

bubba
July 8th, 2017, 04:33 AM
Thank YOU, Caroline, Pat, Libby, and Cathy! I had a wonderful time, and enjoyed every minute of it! Planning to read through the patterns I picked up at Nancy's on the flight home Saturday.

We thoroughly enjoyed our time in the PNW, and are looking forward to when we can come back!

I am thinking I might end up there buying that wall hanging kit yet!

toggpine
July 8th, 2017, 04:38 AM

Make sure we know when that will be, so we can plan another outing!

sewbizzy
July 8th, 2017, 04:41 AM
Thanks for sharing your visit with us...really liked to hear about it and see the pictures...

Carol336
July 8th, 2017, 07:17 AM
Wow what a wonderful day you must have all had. Isn't it amazing to meet forum friends from near and far. I haven't met anyone from this forum yet. But many years ago I was in a Weight Watchers forum group and several of us from MD, DEL, VA and PA decided to meet in Wilmington Delaware for lunch.....it was a start to a friendship that has lasted many many years. We've gotten together numerous times and even though none of us are any longer in that original forum, we are still in regularly in touch with each other.

I hope someday I can have the same experience with my quilty sisters from this M* forum.\

Isn't the internet a wonderful, amazing invention!!!!

Bubby
July 8th, 2017, 08:29 AM
It sounds like you had a great time!

Monique
July 8th, 2017, 08:58 AM
That is awesome to hear. I am glad you all got a chance to hang out together. One of things I love about this forum.

pcbatiks
July 8th, 2017, 10:56 AM
It sounds like you'll had a great time! I'm happy that you'll had a chance to get together.......and a little jealous. :D

Thanks for sharing your day & picture with us.

EnumclawGramma
July 8th, 2017, 11:52 AM
Oh my goodness. I just had my DH sitting down with me looking at this picture, telling him who everyone is and where they're from, he's heard enough from me that he's familiar with all the names so he was enjoying seeing the faces of everyone. As he picked up his coffee and headed out of the room I hear him say: "Quilters stitch their lives together". I don't know. I thought it really sweet and a bit profound. We really do have this wonderful common thread that runs between us that brings us together as friends before we've even met. Ya know?

SallyO'Sews
July 9th, 2017, 12:21 AM
I am thinking I might end up there buying that wall hanging kit yet!

When you do, make sure to post pics!

toggpine
July 9th, 2017, 03:49 AM
I think we all have some photos to share once we finish the projects we were shopping for!

bubba
July 9th, 2017, 04:13 AM
I think we all have some photos to share once we finish the projects we were shopping for!

Can't wait to see yours!