PDA

View Full Version : T.G.I.F. Hellos

JCY
July 7th, 2017, 04:49 PM
If someone started today's thread, I missed it. I'm just getting here. I spent all morning in the kitchen. Today I made DH's chicken soup. I bought extra chicken this time, so it made 12 qts. They're in the freezer, kettles are washed up, & I finally can sit down for a while. Whew! That's always a big job.

So far today we've had 92 deg. & a sunny morning, but it's cloudy now & 85 deg. Yest. was our hottest temp. yet -- 104 deg.! It was really hot! I had hoped to stay inside, but mid-day I had to run out to Wal-Mart for an Rx & a few groc. In the afternoon I started the FMQ on the Two-Step quilt, which I made from batiks. I did decide to use Angela Walters' feather meander FMQ design. As I watched Jenny's new tutorial today about the tulip pattern, I was thinking I could use batiks for that, too. I think I have at least 4 layer cakes & 3 or more charm packs of batiks, plus FQs & some yardage. I could get a good variety from those. Oh, so many ideas! Just not enough time to sew & quilt.

We have 4 birthdays this mo. in a week's time: gr. son, mine, DIL's, & DH's between now & the 13th. My DIL turns the big 5-0. I'll be 75 (where did the years go?!) & DH will be 74. I've wondered at times if he'd make to another BD, but he keeps hanging in there, one day at a time.

I hope everyone has a good week end.

KPH
July 7th, 2017, 08:22 PM
I've had kind of a lazy day. Added a few flowers to the hexie quilt. It's nice to see the pile of flowers for this column getting smaller.

I put in 6 chicken breast into the crock pot. I seasoned them with poultry seasoning and taco seasoning. I made a marinade with Parrot Bay Lime Rum, lime juice and some brown sugar. Just waiting for it to finish up before chopping it up for burritos/ and taco salads.

DS#2 wanted to check out a hobby store, so we drove through the heart of Jacksonville (thank you GPS) only to arrive and the building is gone, like flattened and they've just started building up from the concrete. I felt bad for him and DH who had to drive while the GPS was vague in the directions. Maybe tomorrow we'll check out the other listing (after he calls first to make sure it hasn't been flattened too).

We'll see what tomorrow brings. Having a guy come to tell us about solar panels, with the understanding that this is research only! I talked to him on the phone. Seems like a nice guy, and the company is highly recommended. We'll see.

Georgie Girl
July 7th, 2017, 08:26 PM
well you sure had a busy day. Homemade soup mmmmm. I finished the binding on the last of 3 quilts I was asked to make and now the labels tomorrow. I'll be glad to deliver them and be done with them. Been stressful. Was at the dr. yesterday back on prednisone and not happy but it's better then hurting. My quilting calms me. Expecting storms tonight so we will see. Hubby wanted food from our local Taco Amigo. So we brought it home for dinner. Can anyone out there explain to me why is now eating cheetoes? Well I guess I have supper for him tomorrow. Have a good night. Probably back reading posts 2 or 3 or 4 am.

RockinLou
July 8th, 2017, 09:47 AM
We have 4 birthdays this mo. in a week's time: gr. son, mine, DIL's, & DH's between now & the 13th. My DIL turns the big 5-0. I'll be 75 (where did the years go?!) & DH will be 74. I've wondered at times if he'd make to another BD, but he keeps hanging in there, one day at a time.

I hope everyone has a good week end.

Happy Birthdays!! Enjoy!

I can't believe you made all that soup in that heat! Impressive! I didn't see a thread yesterday either, I think summer is very distracting... I lost track of days of the week and brought my daughter to a swim lesson the day after it was scheduled this week. OOPS!!