PDA

View Full Version : New guard dog

Papa
July 7th, 2017, 04:31 PM
Don't let the small size and cute face fool you. My niece and her family will sleep a lot better with this viscous creature guarding the house. It is half Maltese/Shih Tzu.

Monique
July 7th, 2017, 04:46 PM
Oh don't worry I am so afraid of dogs, that even this one would scare me.

asta
July 7th, 2017, 04:50 PM
What an adorable guard dog.....watch your cakes!

JCY
July 7th, 2017, 04:51 PM
Awww. What a cutie!

CraftyJnet
July 7th, 2017, 04:55 PM
Such a sweet face!

Hulamoon
July 7th, 2017, 05:46 PM
How adorable!!

I just want to give a little advice. I had a Bichon/ Shih Tzu puppy. I had to give him away because I couldn't house train him. He peed and pooped on every bed and chair in the house and in a box of pictures. He had access to the yard and refused to use it. It tore my heart out but it just wasn't working with us. I found out later that Shih Tzu's are one of the hardest to train. So tell her to get a handle on it right away. It can be done, I just failed

Vonnie
July 7th, 2017, 05:47 PM
Oh my gosh! It's not a dog - it's an Ewok!

He's adorable!

Kgrammiecaz
July 7th, 2017, 06:00 PM
My daughter has two. They are so much fun. One is 5 pounds one is 8 pounds, they are brothers. They are both trained for inside and outside, however, the little one still likes to poop in other areas. They are pretty good overall though. I think they are about 3-4 years old now. Would get another in a heartbeat!

Lori, that's sad to hear it did not work out. They are so darn lovable.

Papa, enjoy - what is his name.

Papa
July 7th, 2017, 07:14 PM
How adorable!!

I just want to give a little advice. I had a Bichon/ Shih Tzu puppy. I had to give him away because I couldn't house train him. He peed and pooped on every bed and chair in the house and in a box of pictures. He had access to the yard and refused to use it. It tore my heart out but it just wasn't working with us. I found out later that Shih Tzu's are one of the hardest to train. So tell her to get a handle on it right away. It can be done, I just failed

I'll let them know. They have had good luck so far. He has even woke them to go out so maybe they will be lucky.

Papa
July 7th, 2017, 07:15 PM
My daughter has two. They are so much fun. One is 5 pounds one is 8 pounds, they are brothers. They are both trained for inside and outside, however, the little one still likes to poop in other areas. They are pretty good overall though. I think they are about 3-4 years old now. Would get another in a heartbeat!

Lori, that's sad to hear it did not work out. They are so darn lovable.

Papa, enjoy - what is his name.

His name is Duke.

Bubby
July 7th, 2017, 08:44 PM
Totally adorable. They are one of the cutest breeds out there.

quiltsRfun
July 7th, 2017, 08:59 PM
You're very brave to handle that vicious beast.

Cokie
July 7th, 2017, 10:18 PM
Duke is adorable!! He'll scare 'em with cuteness!

redcaboose1717
July 7th, 2017, 11:48 PM

We had a Sheep Dog ( AKC registered ) that we purchased as a puppy. She was sooo sweet, but we couldn't break her ! We would walk her for an hour and she would come back into the house, squat on the kitchen and do her business. We tried for 8 months to break that dog.....no way.
My parents always got new dogs in the spring & summer....and kept them outside for the most part ( they came inside and slept in a papered laundry room at first at night.) My dad was a firm believer that if you purchased a dog in the Spring /Summer months, that by the time Fall came the dog would "know" that his/her business was to be done outside. I have to say that after the Sheep Dog ( and I loved that dog ) we got a schnauzer that took no time to break at all. Our Siberian Husky was easy to train too, and we got them both during the Spring of the year.
Our vet even told us that Sheep Dogs were one of the DUMBEST BREEDS...and he also mentioned Shih Tzu & Bichon could be hard to train at times, so I have on purposely stayed away from those breeds......but I have to admit I am basically a cat lover !
I have a vicious ATTACK cat named "Mason"....( yeah right.....if you come in the house, Mason leads you to his treat dish first and then wants you to hold and pet him ! ) Mason is a Yellow Tabby cat. He is my second Yellow Tabby. We usually get our pets from the local shelters, although we have purchased an animal or two.....Our Husky was purchased without papers.
IF I had it to do over, I would have asked my mom to train the sheep dog. My mom had a uncanny alliance with animals, they all loved her, no matter what type of animal it was.
I remember one time going to a Zoo and right at the enterance ( I was 11-12 yrs old) there was a seal who was going from person to person, making noises and flapping their wings......finally my mom paid attention to the poor seal, and she discovered he was without water in his little pool....My mom was furious. Wow....I don't think we girls will ever forget that day. My mom hated to see any animals mistreated. When we got ready to leave that zoo, my mom walked over to where the seal was, and he was happily swimming in his pool....and he got out and came over to my mom and put his head on her knee, as if to say " Thank you ! " It was as if he knew my mom was responsible for helping him that day!

Hulamoon
July 8th, 2017, 12:09 AM
I'll let them know. They have had good luck so far. He has even woke them to go out so maybe they will be lucky.
I sure hope so and that sounds like a good sign. :)

bubba
July 8th, 2017, 12:33 AM
Don't let the small size and cute face fool you. My niece and her family will sleep a lot better with this viscous creature guarding the house. It is half Maltese/Shih Tzu.

I would LOVE to have that dog!!!! What did they name it?

QuiltingRN
July 8th, 2017, 12:38 AM
What a cutie!

Here are my two, Jade, 1 year and Harley 6 1/2 months. They are Havanese

Papa
July 8th, 2017, 12:40 AM
I would LOVE to have that dog!!!! What did they name it?

His name is Duke. Not sure how they chose that name.

songbird857
July 8th, 2017, 10:38 AM
The cute on this one is off the charts!!!