PDA

View Full Version : Baby Alert.......Waiting

cv quilter
July 2nd, 2017, 10:56 PM
We are waiting......all day..since inducement began at 7:00 am MST, for our Grandson and his sweet wife to deliver their first child...gender unknown. How hard this is for us.....but how hard it must be for them, for their parents and other family. Just proves that God is in control and this baby will be born when HE decides it's time. Can't wait until this baby is born. Praying all goes well.

grammaterry
July 2nd, 2017, 11:01 PM
Prayers are with you. Happy great gramma!

jjkaiser
July 2nd, 2017, 11:40 PM
The baby will arrive eventually, how exciting! Congratulations.

Cokie
July 3rd, 2017, 12:10 AM
New babies are always so exciting. Can't wait to read the update.

redcaboose1717
July 3rd, 2017, 02:30 AM
I think it's awesome when the parents "don't " find out what gender the baby is.....I found out with my last baby ( son Jordan who is now 32 yrs old ) and it just took all of the anticipation away of course...( but I will admit it was nice to know so I could decorate a nursery for the first time. With my other babies, we rented and couldn't do a lot to the room. )
I convinced my DD to wait went she had her first baby, and later on she told me that she was so happy she didn't know before hand, that I was right....knowing is like opening a Christmas Present before Christmas Day arrives !

I am sure that the much awaited baby will come in his own time OR they will do a C-section. While a lot of women opt for inducing AND Epidurals nowadays, I think that inducing and Epidurals sometimes SLOWS the process down, but then too, that's my opinion. I had all four of my kids without drugs....nothing. My labors were all short....the last one being the longest....just over 3 hours, but he was a huge baby!

Good luck....I am saying a prayer for this much awaited baby's safe arrival !

Be sure to let us know when he arrives !

Bubby
July 3rd, 2017, 10:23 AM
I agree about being surprised by the gender of a new baby.

Cathy F
July 3rd, 2017, 10:38 AM
A new baby is such a joy! Congratulations let us know when it makes it's appearance!

cv quilter
July 3rd, 2017, 11:07 AM
Our great granddaughter, Lidiya Anne, was born last night.....a very long labor. We don't have any particulars yet, but mama and baby are doing well.

RockinLou
July 3rd, 2017, 11:09 AM
I am sure that the much awaited baby will come in his own time OR they will do a C-section. While a lot of women opt for inducing AND Epidurals nowadays, I think that inducing and Epidurals sometimes SLOWS the process down, but then too, that's my opinion. I had all four of my kids without drugs....nothing. My labors were all short....the last one being the longest....just over 3 hours, but he was a huge baby!

Good luck....I am saying a prayer for this much awaited baby's safe arrival !

Be sure to let us know when he arrives !

I'm pretty sure that there is lots of research supporting this, it's called the cascade of interventions, and potosi and epidural combinations do result in a higher c-section rate.

That being said, inductions occur for many different reasons and sometimes fail. My sister was induced with her first, it didn't work, she went home and went into labor on her own a week later. With my first my water broke and no signs of labor, 18 hours later they started pitosin, and 40 minutes later she was in my arms. This resulted in an induction with my second because with less than 1 hour of active labor with my first the doctor was worried I would deliver in the car on the way to the hospital. Other than pitosin though, I only ever took a Tylenol.

I hope that mother and baby are both safe and healthy, no matter how the birth story unfolded. My prayers for their health and safety are with them.

jjkaiser
July 3rd, 2017, 12:14 PM
Congratulations on the new baby girl in your family! I am sure you cannot wait to see her. Would love to see pictures!

seaturtle
July 3rd, 2017, 01:46 PM
Our great granddaughter, Lidiya Anne, was born last night.....a very long labor. We don't have any particulars yet, but mama and baby are doing well.

So happy she's here and everything went well. Congratulations on the new great-grand!

bubba
July 3rd, 2017, 02:21 PM
Congratulations on your brand new great grandgirl!!!

When I had the second, I had to have an ultrasound because I got pregnant while on the pill, so had no clue when it all happened. Anyway, it was right around the time when they started being able to find out the sex of the baby and the tech asked if I wanted to know. I told her no, mainly because I wanted a boy more than anything and did not want to go the rest of the pregnancy upset if it was another girl. I changed my mind before I left, but she refused to tell me.

Anyway, it was another girl, which was fine. I don't like that people find out now. It is the one true thing you can be surprised about in life.

cv quilter
July 3rd, 2017, 02:27 PM
Thanks to all for the congrats! This is exciting. We all were so happy to be able to wait and see what God would give them, and HE did good! She is beautiful (what else did you think I'd say?? ;) We finally got a pic of her and she is lovely. Don't know how to get the pic off my cell.

Iris Girl
July 3rd, 2017, 03:20 PM
Congrats on a brand new great grand baby girl! I did not want to know for either of mine. The first was a boy and we wee thrilled . My mom especially since all she had was me, so she was tickled. Second time we got pregnant on purpose because hubby's Grandmother was dieing with Cancer and we thought that would give her something to hang on to. I did not and she died thinking I was carrying a girl because there had not been any born on that side in 25 years. I even went to the hospital with girl clothes because I carried so entirely different then the first from beginning to end. First one my water broke and 17 hours later he came out. All natural no meds at all. Second was 3 hours labor but much more intense pain. Also all natural. But he was huge weighing in at 9 lbs 15 oz. That was enough for me I was not getting a girl and was happy with my boys, Hubby had a vasectomy, so I didn't have to be on the pill.
Would love to see your precious bundle.

redcaboose1717
July 3rd, 2017, 03:56 PM
Welcome Lidiya Anne !
I'll bet Great Grandma can't wait to hold her !

Carolyn
July 3rd, 2017, 04:07 PM
So happy for you also. Try sending the cell picture to your home computer, then put it in a file which you will be able to attach to your post.
Thanks to all for the congrats! This is exciting. We all were so happy to be able to wait and see what God would give them, and HE did good! She is beautiful (what else did you think I'd say?? ;) We finally got a pic of her and she is lovely. Don't know how to get the pic off my cell.

Cathy F
July 3rd, 2017, 09:05 PM
Congratulations on your new grandbaby!

RockinLou
July 3rd, 2017, 10:17 PM

You were posting while I was typing! Congratulations!! I'm glad everyone is okay and that you have a beautiful great granddaughter to sew for :)