PDA

View Full Version : Hello from my Stateside home!

RockinLou
July 2nd, 2017, 08:39 AM
Good morning friends!!

I haven't been on the forum much recently ad wanted to stop by and say hello. I'm finally back home in Atlanta for the next six weeks. In mid-May we travelled for my MIL's funeral, to Wisconsin then back to Almaty, and then last week we went from Kazakhstan to NJ (for 48 hours) before going to my sisters in CT and flying down here to ATL. We covered about 10,000 miles in seven days so it was nice to hit the ground here at home!!

One of my best quilting friends is here visiting, thankfully staying in a hotel, so this morning we are heading to the zoo to see the baby pandas. Then this afternoon we will hit the quilt shops, which is funny because I have absolutely NO IDEA what is even in my stash here in Atlanta right now! Well, it will be a fun day and I'll get my personal belongings sorted well enough to set my machine up and sew again when my friend is away...

I'm looking forward to a summer of morning coffee on the patio and afternoons at the pool!

Bubby
July 2nd, 2017, 08:41 AM
Welcome home again! So good hearing from you. Enjoy your down time....you certainly deserve it.

jjkaiser
July 2nd, 2017, 11:53 AM
Welcome back! You lead one crazy life with all that traveling. Do you wake up in the morning and say "Where am I?"

Monique
July 2nd, 2017, 01:42 PM
Enjoy!!.................................

JaniceR
July 2nd, 2017, 01:46 PM
Happy you're back in Atlanta safely. Enjoy your break!!

redcaboose1717
July 2nd, 2017, 03:23 PM
WOW....you are quite a traveler !
Hope you enjoy your trips to the Quilt Shops here in the states while you are here! Shopping for fabrics is so much fun....I hardly ever consider what I have at home in my stash....if I like it, I purchase it, although I have tried to cut down on fabric purchases, and save my money for a trip to MSQC this fall.

Hulamoon
July 2nd, 2017, 03:24 PM
Welcome home! Don't eat too much American junk food. lol

asta
July 2nd, 2017, 03:39 PM
Welcome home! Enjoy your time.

Judy, USMC
July 2nd, 2017, 04:41 PM
Welcome home! I'm sure it will be fun "catching up" with your quilty friend. Enjoy the coffee and pool.

seaturtle
July 2nd, 2017, 08:28 PM
Welcome back! I don't know where you are in Atlanta, but I am close to the city also. I would love to meet you in person - maybe we could meet for coffee somewhere!

RockinLou
July 2nd, 2017, 10:52 PM
Welcome back! You lead one crazy life with all that traveling. Do you wake up in the morning and say "Where am I?"

Sometimes!! LOL!

RockinLou
July 2nd, 2017, 10:54 PM
WOW....you are quite a traveler !
Hope you enjoy your trips to the Quilt Shops here in the states while you are here! Shopping for fabrics is so much fun....I hardly ever consider what I have at home in my stash....if I like it, I purchase it, although I have tried to cut down on fabric purchases, and save my money for a trip to MSQC this fall.

I really try only to buy for specific projects, today I bought two Row by Row Junior kits because I thought they would be fun to make with the kids this summer! They are super cute!

I also bought the pattern for a class I will take next week, just for the fun of taking the class!

RockinLou
July 2nd, 2017, 10:57 PM
Hullamoon- I've done that in the past, but will really try not to this year!!

RockinLou
July 2nd, 2017, 11:00 PM
Welcome back! I don't know where you are in Atlanta, but I am close to the city also. I would love to meet you in person - maybe we could meet for coffee somewhere!

I'm in Sandy Springs, just south of Roswell.

Jean Sewing Machine
July 2nd, 2017, 11:47 PM
Glad you are back at home, at least for a while! I am visiting my daughter in Atlanta right now! Not liking this rain! We are in Marietta/West Cobb.

SallyO'Sews
July 3rd, 2017, 12:32 AM
Welcome home! My daughter is spending the summer in Atlanta, and so far she's loving it!

stationarymom
July 3rd, 2017, 01:11 AM
Welcome back home! Make sure to enjoy that coffee on the patio.

RockinLou
July 3rd, 2017, 09:38 AM
Glad you are back at home, at least for a while! I am visiting my daughter in Atlanta right now! Not liking this rain! We are in Marietta/West Cobb.

It's beautiful up there, the only good thing about the rain is that the temps are not yet oppressive!

RockinLou
July 3rd, 2017, 09:39 AM
Welcome back home! Make sure to enjoy that coffee on the patio.

That's what I'm doing right this very second!!