PDA

View Full Version : Saturday greetings

Ginny B
July 1st, 2017, 11:21 AM
Good morning all and Happy Saturday. Happy Canada Day to all our Canadian forum members! I hope you have a wonderful 150 year celebration even if it is raining where you are.

I feel like I have been away from the forum for so long. Since before my trip to California it's been hard to spend as much time here as I would like to. But now the trip is done and the craft fair that I was getting ready for is finished too. It was this past Thursday. We did pretty good and my sewing room is all cleaned up again and things are being put back in order. I am a messy creative person I have to admit. I will be staying out of the sewing room until after the 4th to give my machines and me a little break. I must say, I am really loving my embroidery machine. :) So many ideas, so little time. LOL

We will be heading up to my sons place in Peekskill later on today. My sis and her boyfriend will be joining us tomorrow for a bbq. Unfortunately both dh and I have to work on Monday so we can't make it a long weekend but that's ok. We will enjoy the time up there and then on the 4th, we will maybe go to the beach in the morning and then relax in our yard for the afternoon.

It's time to get some cookies baked and make the grocery shopping list. DH is getting the oil changed in my car (he is such a sweetie to do those things for me) and then we'll see how the rest of the errands go and then pack up and get on the road. I imagine we will be hitting some traffic but that's ok. We'll just listen to some music, chat and enjoy the time together.

Have a wonderful day everyone.

asta
July 1st, 2017, 11:29 AM
Sounds like a relaxing weekend for you, it is always nice to visit with family.

toggpine
July 1st, 2017, 11:51 AM
This day started too early, but at least I've accomplished things this morning. Off to get more done now that I've had some coffee.

I hope your day is off to a good start!
Cathy

seaturtle
July 1st, 2017, 12:05 PM
Good morning!

We are off to a slow start this weekend. Our dog has been ill. It started Wednesday with diarrhea and has increased with added vomiting. We took her to the vets and the X-rays and ultrasound are inconclusive. Her stomach is very swollen and there is liquid and foam in the duodenum. They gave her anti-nausea, antibiotics, and anti-inflammatory medications. The anti-nausea meds don't seem to be working as she continued to have issues all night, as well as this morning. We are just trying to get through the weekend so we can do a barium swallow test on Monday. If that doesn't tell us anything, we will then proceed to exploratory surgery. She can't be left alone, so we cancelled our plans for the weekend. Please pray for Sienna. 144548144548

Cathy F
July 1st, 2017, 12:57 PM
I hope they get her feeling well soon.

jjkaiser
July 1st, 2017, 01:36 PM
Oh Cindy (seaturtle) I hope they figure out what is wrong with your dog soon so you can start treatment ASAP and she will be on the mend. She is a beautiful dog and you are a good Dog Mommy to cancel your plans for the weekend and stay home to keep an eye on her! Let us know how she is doing. Have a Happy 4th everyone.

liz72703
July 1st, 2017, 11:31 PM
Good morning!

We are off to a slow start this weekend. Our dog has been ill. It started Wednesday with diarrhea and has increased with added vomiting. We took her to the vets and the X-rays and ultrasound are inconclusive. Her stomach is very swollen and there is liquid and foam in the duodenum. They gave her anti-nausea, antibiotics, and anti-inflammatory medications. The anti-nausea meds don't seem to be working as she continued to have issues all night, as well as this morning. We are just trying to get through the weekend so we can do a barium swallow test on Monday. If that doesn't tell us anything, we will then proceed to exploratory surgery. She can't be left alone, so we cancelled our plans for the weekend. Please pray for Sienna. 144548144548

Cindy, I hope they find out what is wrong with your fur baby quickly and get her well! Praying it's nothing serious!

seaturtle
July 2nd, 2017, 12:02 AM
Thanks, she did go for several hours today without issues. We're hoping these meds do the trick.

Bubby
July 2nd, 2017, 07:22 AM
Prayers for your baby. I hope you get a good report tomorrow. She's a pretty Girl.

seaturtle
July 2nd, 2017, 08:53 PM
Sienna is doing much better today. We made it through the night (after midnight) until about 7 this morning, so things are looking up. The vet did say that the medicine would mask the issue. We would see improvement, but we really don't know what the root cause is. We are not sure at the moment how to proceed. She had a similar spell at the end of May and now, she had this one at the end of June. So we're wrestling with should we wait and see what happens at the end of July or do we have the barium swallow done to try to determine if there's a blockage of some sort.