PDA

View Full Version : I'm free!!!!!

bubba
July 1st, 2017, 01:31 AM
The plans for this weekend were to spend it at the lake. Then both girls decided they wanted to as well. Our quiet weekend turned from the two of us and Yoda to 18 people!

Since the beginning of May, I have had three friends die. One was only in her 40's. Then last week, my moms twin and MM's aunt both died. All that on top of all we have been going thru and now the spot on his liver put me over the edge.

I actually broke down crying yesterday, which is very unlike me. I told him I didn't want to go to the lake, I wanted him to go and take the dog and I just wanted to be by myself and do whatever I felt like doing. To say I was dumbfounded is an understatement. I know he did not want to leave me here and I know he is worried/concerned, but sometimes we all need a vacation. I decided to let the girls be his keeper for the weekend and I feel wonderful!

That said, I texted the girls to let them know he has every intention of cleaning out the shed up there this weekend and to help him and keep a close eye on things because he still is not supposed to overdo or lift more than ten pounds. The oldest girl yelled at him when he poked his nose in there and she told him they were warned, so I heard all about that!

I went to HL but decided the fabric I wanted was too expensive, so went to Walmart and bought some home dec fabrics there. They are really nice and only $3.97 a yard. So, instead of spending $63 on just the outside of two bags, I spent $30 and that also included the lining!

I see a sewing day in my near future!

Oh.........MM did call and tell me I picked a good time to stay home. He said there were seven kids up there, plus as many adults and it was not very relaxing!

Caroline T.
July 1st, 2017, 01:57 AM
Pat I can't think of anyone more deserving of a few days to just themselves, to do whatever you want or to do just nothing at all. I hope you find much rest, relaxation, and rejuvenation for yourself this weekend. Enjoy!

Caroline T.
July 1st, 2017, 02:01 AM
One more thing, if you haven't already done so.....

Go get some of those wonderful cherries!!!

Judy, USMC
July 1st, 2017, 02:14 AM
Steve & I believe the secret to our happy 38 years together is separate vacations. I get away for quilting and he (used to) go to fishing tournaments. He can't stand the smell of fish ... so I get to prepare & eat all the fish I want. So I agree with Caroline ~ take this opportunity to tantalize your taste buds!

Hulamoon
July 1st, 2017, 02:37 AM
The first thing I thought of when I saw your title was Roger Daltry. lol Glad you have some time to relax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGa70tVYVKo

pcbatiks
July 1st, 2017, 02:42 AM
Yay Pat! Hope you thoroughly enjoy your alone time! Eat, nap, relax, sew, quilt, eat, nap.......sew up something pretty!

bubba
July 1st, 2017, 03:45 AM
One more thing, if you haven't already done so.....

Go get some of those wonderful cherries!!!

Stop #1, Hobby Lobby.
Stop #2, Walmart
Stop #3, Costco. Had to return a shirt we got for MM the other day. When we bought it, they were $14.99 and when I went to get the correct size, they were $7!! Of course, I got two!

I also came home with two pounds of Rainier cherries and they are delicious!

Jean Sewing Machine
July 1st, 2017, 08:30 AM
You need a break from caregiving. Glad the girls can help out! Happy sewing!

Monique
July 1st, 2017, 08:36 AM
Enjoy your much needed mini vacation. You deserve it.

asta
July 1st, 2017, 08:51 AM
Oh Pat, all I can say is ENJOY!

KPH
July 1st, 2017, 09:25 AM
Enjoy the break! I can only imagine!

Sandy Navas
July 1st, 2017, 09:28 AM
Pat is free!! She isn't charging any more!!! Way to go, Pat!!!! (HUGS)

peggiep
July 1st, 2017, 09:40 AM
Have a wonderful time doing WHATEVER you want, WHENEVER you want! You definitely need a break! Thinking of you.

laura44
July 1st, 2017, 10:20 AM
Glad to hear you have some time to yourself.

EnumclawGramma
July 1st, 2017, 11:06 AM
Have some wonderful ME time Pat!
Cherries? Where?

Ginny B
July 1st, 2017, 11:07 AM
Oh Pat, you so deserve some time for yourself. Enjoy whatever it is you decide to do with your time.

MRoy
July 1st, 2017, 11:16 AM
I'm glad you're getting some respite. Enjoy your "me" time.

JCY
July 1st, 2017, 11:21 AM
How marvelous you have some quiet time alone! Enjoy every minute of it. After all you've been through (and will continue to go through), you need that time of relaxation & refreshment. It's very difficult to never get a break from the caregiving. I speak from experience.

jjkaiser
July 1st, 2017, 11:33 AM
Happy Days! Do everything you want..or just do nothing!! And no cooking or cleaning young lady. Be good to yourself!

seaturtle
July 1st, 2017, 11:44 AM
Glad you got some much needed time alone. Enjoy your weekend!

JaniceR
July 1st, 2017, 12:21 PM
I hope you get to enjoy every minute doing whatever you feel like and also get some much needed rest! You deserve both!! ENJOY!!

redcaboose1717
July 1st, 2017, 12:24 PM
It's always nice to have a couple of days to yourself. You can do what and when you want.....Relax sew, read, etc. Last time I got to do that, I was thrilled. It's been quite awhile since I have had time to myself I must admit.

Enjoy your solitude Pat ! :)

Kgrammiecaz
July 1st, 2017, 12:31 PM
So happy to hear you asked for this time for yourself. As a caregiver you need to take care of you too. Enjoy your free time. Revitalize!

Carolnnc
July 1st, 2017, 12:34 PM
Adding my voice to all the happy cheers for you! Enjoy your time alone.

KarenC
July 1st, 2017, 01:36 PM
Enjoy your time alone. If anyone deserves it, it is you.

Cokie
July 1st, 2017, 01:51 PM
I hope you spend your weekend doing what you want to do, relaxing and enjoying yourself! Congratulations!

bubba
July 1st, 2017, 03:53 PM
Have some wonderful ME time Pat!
Cherries? Where?

Costco......they are from Yakima and were $7.99 for a two pound container.

shirleyknot
July 1st, 2017, 04:11 PM
Oh, man, I could LOVE some of those cherries! I used to visit my grannie in Yakima Valley.

Simply Quilting
July 1st, 2017, 05:14 PM
Enjoy your free time. It is very much well deserved.

kaydee
July 1st, 2017, 05:58 PM
Congrats Bubba! Have a great weekend! Enjoy those cherries!

Any chance this will be a long weekend since it's a holiday?

You should do this more often. Sounds like your daughters would do a fine job of supervising your patient.

bubba
July 1st, 2017, 06:27 PM
I just spoke to him and asked what he was doing. He told me it was shed cleaning time. He sounded out of breath so I asked exactly what he was doing, and all he was doing was standing there watching. He said they let him sweep and vacuum and that was it! Heather and Tyler were doing the rest.

While I was talking to him, Tyler overheard him and took his pointer and middle finger and pointed at his eyes then at MM. He thought it was funny he got the fingers eye!!

Sharyn J
July 1st, 2017, 07:51 PM
Time alone and Yakima cherries........what more could a gal want? So glad you're getting some time to relax and it looks like hubby is in excellent hands too!

SallyO'Sews
July 3rd, 2017, 12:43 AM
So glad you got some respite time. You really NEED it, and I'm betting MM needs you to have the opportunity to recharge your batteries.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
July 3rd, 2017, 09:48 AM
I'm glad that you recognized that you needed time by yourself. There's nothing wrong with that. It's healthy. It's been one of those years for us also. There was a fire at my mom's nursing home, a few rooms from her's, so she was displaced for about 3 weeks, which meant I was visiting 4-5x a week. I also do her laundry. I picked up a gastrointestinal flu going around there, and was sick for 2 weeks, plus longer to recover. (Good from that is 8lbs lost did not regain). Then my mom's boyfriend for past 12 years passed away at 96. Closely followed by helping my daughter with 2 toddlers as she gave birth to #3. Thank God other granary ts also stepped in to help. Coupled with DH being sick and needing to shop for new furnace and new car. I thank God that I have my husband in my life to soften the blows. Last week, I took a day bus trip to the Vermont Quilt Show. It was lovely and I felt so refreshed and renewed. Time off is sometimes all we need.