PDA

View Full Version : My Husband's One Of The Best

Mom23
June 30th, 2017, 04:06 PM
We are on our way home from California and around Hays, KS he started seeing quilt shop signs. I thought we were getting gas or coffee but we went to the quilt shop. I went in and my bill was $52. I only had $100 so I went to get money from hubby. His response "well buy some more stuff"! I ran back to the store before he could come up with $2 change in the motorhome.

We left home two weeks ago today. It's been a great trip but I miss my house. I don't think I could live in an rv full time. I've attached a picture of my sewing machine set up at the table.

CraftyJnet
June 30th, 2017, 04:55 PM
What a nice hubby - he's a real keeper!

redcaboose1717
June 30th, 2017, 04:58 PM

What a great hubby ! He's a Keeper for sure.

My parents travelled in a RV for years....but they camped for years prior to getting their motor home......My parents didn't just sit in their RV....they enjoyed meeting people, having campfires etc. They knew several folks that never went out of their RV when they were in a campground. A couple they camped with never cooked a meal in their RV....they ate junk food on the road, or ate in a restaurant. My parents friends were always amazed that my mom cooked decent meals while camping......When we camped with my parents, my mom and I planned a menu for the kids, used a crockpot a bit...and enjoyed ourselves.....we had so much fun camping with my parents....I sure miss my mom & dad ( daddy died in 1994 & mom died in 2006 )

pcbatiks
June 30th, 2017, 05:06 PM
Well Robin.......where's a picture of the loot?! :D

Bubby
June 30th, 2017, 07:46 PM
Glad you are having a good trip. Your own bed will surely feel good!

Jean Sewing Machine
June 30th, 2017, 07:49 PM
So glad the sewing machine has a place of honor in the RV!

cv quilter
June 30th, 2017, 08:04 PM
We are on our way home from California and around Hays, KS he started seeing quilt shop signs. I thought we were getting gas or coffee but we went to the quilt shop. I went in and my bill was $52. I only had $100 so I went to get money from hubby. His response "well buy some more stuff"! I ran back to the store before he could come up with $2 change in the motorhome.

We left home two weeks ago today. It's been a great trip but I miss my house. I don't think I could live in an rv full time. I've attached a picture of my sewing machine set up at the table.

144516 Robin, what a super wonderful DH you have! Mine is just like yours. He does not care what I do, what I buy, and encourages me every step of the way in my quilting journey. Your picture is sew much fun. We RVd 5 months of the year in a 5th wheel and MH, and my "sewing area" looked JUST like yours. I miss those times, but had to tell you that I enjoyed your post. I had a FW (still do) and it was such a super little machine for RVing. Didn't take up a lot of time, sewed like a trooper and made it easy to take with us on our RV journeys. We ALMOST went full time, but that would possibly keep us away from our kids. Can't help it.....I want to be close to them.

cv quilter
June 30th, 2017, 08:07 PM

What a great hubby ! He's a Keeper for sure.

My parents travelled in a RV for years....but they camped for years prior to getting their motor home......My parents didn't just sit in their RV....they enjoyed meeting people, having campfires etc. They knew several folks that never went out of their RV when they were in a campground. A couple they camped with never cooked a meal in their RV....they ate junk food on the road, or ate in a restaurant. My parents friends were always amazed that my mom cooked decent meals while camping......When we camped with my parents, my mom and I planned a menu for the kids, used a crockpot a bit...and enjoyed ourselves.....we had so much fun camping with my parents....I sure miss my mom & dad ( daddy died in 1994 & mom died in 2006 ) What a wonderful life your parents had, and what precious memories you have. It's so wonderful that you had all of that to share with your parents. Who knows, we might have camped at some time, somewhere, with your parents.

LauraP
June 30th, 2017, 10:02 PM
you can always tell a true quilter. The sewing machine is the first thing they pack. Mine is currently in the back of the car which is being towed behind the RV. Just in case, even though I am hand appliqueing at the moment.

SallyO'Sews
June 30th, 2017, 11:38 PM
He sounds like a keeper, Robin!

KarenC
June 30th, 2017, 11:46 PM
Definitely a keeper.

grammaterry
July 1st, 2017, 12:56 AM
Ah that's sweet

Monique
July 1st, 2017, 08:38 AM
Enjoy your time with your hubby. Life is too short.