brittyboo07
January 18th, 2012, 01:31 PM
Any new swaps coming up?

mrsg730
January 18th, 2012, 02:28 PM
What exactly are "swaps"?

brittyboo07
January 18th, 2012, 02:40 PM
its like a quilt block exchange. They have a polka dot swap going on right now.

Monique
January 18th, 2012, 03:04 PM
As soon as this one is over, Suzi, I am sure, will host another one.

Meli
January 18th, 2012, 03:14 PM
Britty, the Polkadot Swap is looking for 2 more peeps to come play with us. Check it out.

brittyboo07
January 18th, 2012, 03:17 PM
Meli I thought about it but my dad has been in and out of the hospital so I was going to wait till the next one.

pdjewelrylady
January 18th, 2012, 05:25 PM
yep yep :D watch for it :) hint..... april showers bring may flowers! ;)

SuziMoose
April 1st, 2012, 06:33 PM
Hi there- new to the site (after viewing Jenny's great vids on Youtube)...I see there is another Suzi who spells our name right! Yup, I'm Suzi too (in NW Illinois)

Marabou
April 15th, 2012, 10:05 AM
I'm interested in a charm swap up here in Canada. I can send the proper postage to mail it back.

ellevtaylor
April 18th, 2012, 08:07 PM
Marabou I would be interested in the charm swap. I am in Washington State. I love getting fabric from different places :-)

ellevtaylor
April 18th, 2012, 08:12 PM
I seen a block of the month swap another group had done and thought it would be fun! But maybe you guys have done it? A ABC quilt!

tilelady
April 24th, 2012, 11:06 PM
thats pretty,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but that would be a hard one to do,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

pdjewelrylady1
April 25th, 2012, 01:06 AM
i like it but - not sure it would work as a block swap....would need at least 27 players and no one could dropout or a letter would be missing...... oops! ;)

.......would maybe work as a BOM but that would take more than 2 years to complete..... i personally do not have that long of an attention span LOL !

sunshine quilter
May 8th, 2012, 09:14 PM
I'm new to the site. Have you started a charm swap yet? I would love to participate. I am from Maryland.

GrammaBabs
May 9th, 2012, 08:24 AM
now to me this one looks easy... my kind of quilt... might give this a try myself... LOVE it..

Fabriclovr
June 21st, 2012, 08:07 PM
Hi ladies,

I have started a new swap for 6 inch charm squares. It is under the groups tab or follow this link. Hope to see you all there!

http://forum.missouriquiltco.com/group.php?groupid=35 - 6 inch charm swap

AngelaLashley
June 21st, 2012, 08:08 PM
what is the polka dot swap... Didnt hear about that one

Quilting Queen
June 21st, 2012, 08:11 PM
OOOOH, I like that one. But is it a swap or quilt along?

I seen a block of the month swap another group had done and thought it would be fun! But maybe you guys have done it? A ABC quilt!

nurrsey
June 21st, 2012, 09:25 PM
Yes I am wondering about the polka dot swap too...I couldn't find anything except an old one. Thanks!

buckeyequilter
June 21st, 2012, 09:28 PM
Yes I am wondering about the polka dot swap too...I couldn't find anything except an old one. Thanks!

That is an old one....Britt posted her reply in January. Maybe someone will start another one soon. I haven't joined a swap yet but would like to sometime.

Fabriclovr
June 22nd, 2012, 12:56 AM
Well, if my swap goes well, I will consider a Polka Dot swap :)

Fabriclovr
June 24th, 2012, 07:06 PM
I changed my swap to PURPLE as I only had 4 swapers :(. check out the change, maybe more of you will want to join a purple swap :)

nurrsey
June 24th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Susan...I was planning to join your swap but I am not a fabric washer prior to sewing. Good luck with your swap, the focus on one color will probably help!

Fabriclovr
June 24th, 2012, 08:30 PM
Do you think if I took that requirement out, I would get more players?

nurrsey
June 24th, 2012, 08:37 PM
Not sure....I am in the reverse Jacob Ladder swap and one of the swappers mentioned washing fabrics and someone else mentioned that they did not and to not expect others to. I know everyone has their opinion on fabric washing so it is a hard call when you have a swap. I appreciated that you wrote it into the rules from the beginning.

Fabriclovr
July 2nd, 2012, 03:03 PM
We are down to the wire on joining the charm square swap. It is a great way to get your feet wet with swapping and you don't have to invest a lot of time or money to join. The most you would be invested is 2 yards of fabric and postage and we are a very small group right now, it may only be one yard of fabric total. Take the plunge, look at your stash, you might be surprised at what you find, I am each time I open the drawers!

Fabriclovr
July 5th, 2012, 06:37 PM
Tomorrow is the last day to sign up for the charm square swap. Come join in the fun. If you have never done a swap before, this is a good one to get started with!