PDA

View Full Version : Thursday hellos

Monique
June 29th, 2017, 07:45 AM
Good morning. Cloudy skies this morning. We did have a little storm come through here at suppertime last night. It didn't last long and then the sun came out. I know in parts of Ottawa they had lots of hail.

Well Bonnie and I went grocery shopping yesterday. I have decided that I don't like to shop with anyone else. I can't look at things and dilly dally. I don't spend needlessly this way I guess. I got what I needed and that was it. We had lunch at A & W.

I did have to have a nap in the afternoon. I didn't do much of anything else during the day. And no berries were picked. I might try and go today if it doesn't rain. And I will attend a wake this afternoon as well.

On that note, you all have a fantastic day.

Star lover
June 29th, 2017, 07:51 AM
Good morning Monique and all....
Monique, I hope you get some berries tiadya nd some sewing time in.
Rained some this am, happy the lawn got cut yesterday. House needs cleaning and hopefully I'll make it into the sewing room today.

Has anyone noticed that the M* site isn't working? Maybe it's just me, if I've tried it on my iPad and my laptop....nothing. It's been down since about 6 am.

Hope y'all have a great day!

Bubby
June 29th, 2017, 08:08 AM
Morning...

I have another busy day and Jeff has to work a double shift, so I will have plenty of time to get my things done. It's going to be hot but starting tomorrow we are supposed to get lots of rain and storms.

I will check in later and see how everyone is doing.

Hugs, Barb

Iris Girl
June 29th, 2017, 08:19 AM
It is cloudy atm. we should see some clouds and possibly a passing shower. Oil change is done. Had a temper tantrum yesterday and broke my Mr Coffee ice tea machine . so need to replace that :( Other than that nothing going on. Work today...maybe I will pop into J's after work maybe not. Since they don't open till 10 now I missed them yesterday when in town.
Hope all have a great day.

Georgie Girl
June 29th, 2017, 08:55 AM
Good morning Monique and all....
Monique, I hope you get some berries tiadya nd some sewing time in.
Rained some this am, happy the lawn got cut yesterday. House needs cleaning and hopefully I'll make it into the sewing room today.

Has anyone noticed that the M* site isn't working? Maybe it's just me, if I've tried it on my iPad and my laptop....nothing. It's been down since about 6 am.

Hope y'all have a great day!

I had trouble to but it's back up again NOT REALLY I spoke to soon it's just a front picture. What are we to do???

KPH
June 29th, 2017, 09:04 AM
Morning all,

Apparently, it rained last night. You couldn't prove it by me. DH is working on painting the last little bit... the second coat on the master bath, and the shower/ toilet area. I must admit. It's weird having a door to the toilet/shower, but no door into the master bath from the master bedroom. I've been thinking about it and I think something like the window panels that Ikea has might be the solution to the whoo hoo don't forget to shut the bedroom door when you're going to get into the tub!

My sewing machine is set up and I used it! Not for quilting, but the drying mats that we use don't lay flat so I ripped off the binding, cut off the excess and rebound the mats. They lay flat and fit that weird shape beside the sink!

DH is already talking about doing a major remodel to the kitchen. Sad thing is, he has a good idea. It's just going to mean ripping the kitchen out (which isn't really a bad thing- the laminate on all of the cabinets is starting to peel off). Thank goodness we'll be gone part of July... maybe he'll forget all about it before we get back. In a year or two, maybe I'll be ready to start something like that!

Carolnnc
June 29th, 2017, 11:26 AM
Good morning. It's going to be a sunny but hot day here. I'm off to the eye doctor today....."if you can't see, you can't sew!"

JCY
June 29th, 2017, 11:45 AM
Good Morning, All ~ Sunny here, too. Our high yest. was 96. Better than the 104 of the day before. Maybe around 90 today. We're still having hazy skies from the Utah fires.

After my breakfast settles, I'm headed out to the flower bed to weed & tackle some of that bind weed. Grrr! There were 4 rabbits in our back yard & in the alley behind our house this a.m. That's the most I've seen at one time. They're impossible to get rid of. They roam the neighborhood. Sometimes I see them sitting out in the middle of the street. They seem fearless & well adapted to city life. Fortunately, most of the time they graze on just the grass & weeds. I seldom have to chase them out of the flower beds.

I'm looking forward to starting a new sewing project, but I need to get these practice sandwiches all done for the Angela Walters' class coming up in <2 wks. It took a while to make them because I pieced leftover batting strips.

Only 1 more day left to June. I can hardly believe it's almost the 4th of July! Where does the time go?!

Yest. afternoon I made more FQ practice sandwiches. I dug through my supply of sample blocks & put together some smaller sandwiches as well. I did some practice FMQ on my DSM. It had been 2.5 yrs. It took a while to get the tension adjusted. How different it feels after quilting on my Tiara for 2.5 yrs.!